Author Topic: [Proposal] Increase max delegate pay to 250 BTS per block  (Read 10021 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Or why not 1000. This way the dev's can make $5K+ per month instead of the current $1100/mo. This was the entire reason for increasing delegate pay in the first place. $1100 per month is not a living wage in any 1st world country.

There is no possible way this could make the market cap fall anymore right? I mean the current depressed price and unpairing from btc had nothing to do with devs selling their bts income. This way the devs get more money and everyone else can continue to wait. But at least the devs wont walk away.

I know this is one of your jab posts but,

$1100/month is a good combination of not depressing the market cap *too much*, and motivating the developers to work hard to increase the market cap so they can earn the money deserve.

Also is there any real risk of the core developers walking away now? They all just received 5million BTS each, which could be worth loads IFF the product is polished and actually gets used.

The risk of developers walking has nothing do with getting paid enough and everything to do with minimizing the chance that BM accidentally destroys any wealth we create again. I'm refusing to take any pay until we get a reasonable number of 0% delegates and use proposals to figure out how to direct inflation.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
if you are not aware newmine is making fun of all of us.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

$1100/month is a good combination of not depressing the market cap *too much*, and motivating the developers to work hard to increase the market cap so they can earn the money deserve.

Also is there any real risk of the core developers walking away now? They all just received 5million BTS each, which could be worth loads IFF the product is polished and actually gets used.

Very well said.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Or why not 1000. This way the dev's can make $5K+ per month instead of the current $1100/mo. This was the entire reason for increasing delegate pay in the first place. $1100 per month is not a living wage in any 1st world country.

There is no possible way this could make the market cap fall anymore right? I mean the current depressed price and unpairing from btc had nothing to do with devs selling their bts income. This way the devs get more money and everyone else can continue to wait. But at least the devs wont walk away.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 06:39:17 pm by speedy »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I often see these same posts... Why not increase Bitcoins inflation to "increase network security".  SMH.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline roadscape

More trouble than it's worth, imo.

ninja edit: at least this early. if share price doesn't increase in a reasonable amount of time, perhaps someone could fork BTS and offer increased delegate pay.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 05:52:55 pm by roadscape »
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
Why not pay in BitUSD or BitAssets agaist BTS for a couple of months to improve BitAssets liquidity?
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline NewMine

• View Profile