Author Topic: BTS Community Outreach/Marketing Opportunity - Yanis Varoufakis  (Read 4316 times)

Offline JoeyD

This guy has more important things to do, like you know, running a country.

You sure have your priorities wrong  ;)
Lol, yeah, it's not like Greece should at least look at a backup plan for the euro or anything right about now.

Offline onceuponatime

You sure have your priorities wrong  ;)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline onceuponatime

Keep in mind that within a few weeks we should have Bitshares 101 ready in Greek as well. @onceupatime and myself are busy working on it and the Italian version and we hope that the marketing team at Slack will then format them for us.

Really? Who is translating Bitshares101 in Greek? I can help with translation or review it if you want. Just throw me a PM with anything that needs reviewing or translation and I will be happy to help.

I  sent you a PM. Have you seen it?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Keep in mind that within a few weeks we should have Bitshares 101 ready in Greek as well. @onceupatime and myself are busy working on it and the Italian version and we hope that the marketing team at Slack will then format them for us.

Really? Who is translating Bitshares101 in Greek? I can help with translation or review it if you want. Just throw me a PM with anything that needs reviewing or translation and I will be happy to help.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Yanis throws around lots of provocative stuff.
IMO and from personal experiences (kenCode.de/bio) just avoid political figures.

Getting Bitshares to the mainstream should not be rushed. Get all of the alternative media to support Bitshares, all of the media and youtube channels in the bitcoin space of course, then the mainstream media will take notice and want to be "cool" too by throwing positive attention to Bitshares, THEN the politicians will have to show their [real] support as well.

Baby steps first. But that's just me.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Unfortunately I don't have his personal email.

A good start would be to send him somehow Bitshares 101. I will register in his blog and start throw him invitation links to Bitshares website but the best thing would be i think if Dan could start an economic discussion about Bitshares with him in his blog.

He is trying to do things differently. So I do think that this is a good opportunity for Bitshares. I will do my part and try to do everything I can so he learns about Bitshares. 

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
I think that sooner or later (4 months - 4 years...) Greece will exit the Eurozone. Once this happens the future of the whole Eurozone will be on a very thin line..This will be the biggest opportunity for all crypto and especially for BTS. We better be fully ready with fiat gateways, ATMs, web wallets when this happen...People will desperately need crypto banking solutions...

Regarding Varoufakis...I was a student of Varoufakis at the Uni a decade ago. He is a very nice guy and quite open minded and always discussed all kind ideas with students. He is trying to fight austerity and I think his recent negotiations (even if he didn't accomplish much) were quite brave...very dangerous but still brave. I think it does worth to throw him a couple of emails about BTS. You never know..he might actually like them..Nothing to lose there...He wasn't in favor of bitcoin (and I can't blame him there from an economic perspective) but that doesn't mean he will be against BTS from an economic perspective...If he is against the idea and imposes restrictions to Greeks from using BTS, BTS will not be hurt since apparently we are only a couple using them right now.If he does like them then this will be huge publicity and more Greeks might start using them..

I wouldn't mind to  throw him some emails but I would rather someone else more experienced and better with words does that or draft me some emails and I can send them on our community behalf..Since I am Greek he might take more attention from emails coming from a Greek..I am terrible explaining things to people. My arguments usually are "this is great just do it and don't think about it..lol.."

Do you have access to his email address?  The only ways of contact I see are via his website http://yanisvaroufakis.eu/form/ and on twitter.  Let's come up with some idea's and draft a nice email.

-Greece has a very large population of educated youth that can understand blockchain technology.  Why not provide new businesses with tax incentives or full support to perform blockchain activities?  Exchanges, gateways, seminars, ATM's etc...  I am not very familiar with Greek banking laws however banks are often closing accounts associated with Bitcoin and perhaps he can push them to support these businesses in Greece.  Even if he could CLEARLY state where Greece stands on crypto currency and what is allowed or not allowed would help people do business within Greece.

-He appears to like the blockchain technology just not Bitcoin as a currency itself.  The blockchain can be used for things such as tracking government spending.  If he is in such support of "the people" this would be a great start and once again Greece would be 1st to bring democracy back into the world.

-He is a blogger himself thus it would be a great start if Dan or Stan started responding to his blog posts and tweets.  This could open a dialogue for future conversation.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:20:34 am by Brekyrself »

Offline JoeyD

While I agree with onceuponatime and I'm also not a believer in the sustainability of the locust-plague economic model, or Keynesian econmics as some like to call it. But that doesn't mean no interaction should be sought at all.

Also keep in mind that the technology is supposed to be a toolkit. So why not let people or countries experiment with different solutions? You don't have to just "sell" the bitshares-exchange one.  I also think the euro is dead and why not help people designing a solution instead of using the usual destined to fail attempts of all Ponzis to prop up consumer trust, so their Pyramid scheme can last just that little bit longer.

So why not let people start thinking about what they can use the bitshares technology for and have them interact in a discussion? You can't expect people to just jump to your conclusions with a single step.

mf-tzo are you good at translating in that case you could crowdsource the explanation part from these forums or the people on the mumble-server or anywhere else where people with insight in bitshares plus the required "gift of gab"* reside.

(* Brotherg - Mumble Hangout 20 February 2015)

Come to think of it why was the tradition suspended, of burning people at the stake  if they were found trying to do a pyramid scheme? Fractional reserved banking used to equate to a sentence of spectacular death, oh the good old days.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 11:43:33 am by JoeyD »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I think that sooner or later (4 months - 4 years...) Greece will exit the Eurozone. Once this happens the future of the whole Eurozone will be on a very thin line..This will be the biggest opportunity for all crypto and especially for BTS. We better be fully ready with fiat gateways, ATMs, web wallets when this happen...People will desperately need crypto banking solutions...

Regarding Varoufakis...I was a student of Varoufakis at the Uni a decade ago. He is a very nice guy and quite open minded and always discussed all kind ideas with students. He is trying to fight austerity and I think his recent negotiations (even if he didn't accomplish much) were quite brave...very dangerous but still brave. I think it does worth to throw him a couple of emails about BTS. You never know..he might actually like them..Nothing to lose there...He wasn't in favor of bitcoin (and I can't blame him there from an economic perspective) but that doesn't mean he will be against BTS from an economic perspective...If he is against the idea and imposes restrictions to Greeks from using BTS, BTS will not be hurt since apparently we are only a couple using them right now.If he does like them then this will be huge publicity and more Greeks might start using them..

I wouldn't mind to  throw him some emails but I would rather someone else more experienced and better with words does that or draft me some emails and I can send them on our community behalf..Since I am Greek he might take more attention from emails coming from a Greek..I am terrible explaining things to people. My arguments usually are "this is great just do it and don't think about it..lol.."

Offline Thom

If he actually stands up to the troika I will give him some credit, but he hasn't accomplished anything yet.

There is also something to be said for controlled opposition...which he may be.

This is my sentiment. When it comes to politicians, especially those who have shown themselves to have a casual attitude towards principles, my default position is to absolutely not trust what they say. No need to wait and see, the future is not difficult to foretell with such as these.

I'm actually quite surprised the OP was oldman. I hope that doesn't become a trend :o
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline yellowecho

If he actually stands up to the troika I will give him some credit, but he hasn't accomplished anything yet.

That's always a possibility.  We can only wait and see.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
Send him an email about BitShares or something, OldMan, its worth a try.

Point him to the current #1 Bestseller in the Personal Finance category on Amazon (BitShares 101)

;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 02:14:03 am by LRENZ »
Revolution is inevitable.