Author Topic: Dogecoin Market Pegged Asset  (Read 3808 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You have to be careful because your advice makes it sound like DVS is on a competing chain to bitshares.

Implementing pegged assets on devshares is nice for testing, but then you have to do all the work again to get it live on bitshares if you want anyone to use it.
I see your point

Offline monsterer

For sure BTS has value and also certainly does not XTS .. but DVS, being in between not necessarily implies it doesn't have value!

//edit: post number 7000 :)

You have to be careful because your advice makes it sound like DVS is on a competing chain to bitshares.

Implementing pegged assets on devshares is nice for testing, but then you have to do all the work again to get it live on bitshares if you want anyone to use it.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
DevShares is NOT the testnet .. the testnet uses XTS as base currency ..
Read this:
http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/update/2014/12/19/The-Value-of-DevShares/

I think you're giving people the wrong advice here. DevShares are testnet coins IMO, no matter what that article appears to say. They are the equivalent of BTS on the Dev network which is used to test development builds.

And quoting from that article:

It is a development network and all operations and transactions are inherently a gamble.

This is my understanding:
XTS = testnet to test builds in the development progress of TESTING CODE
DVS = testnet to test economical effects in the progress of EVALUATING MECHANICS
BTS = the real thing

For sure BTS has value and also certainly does not XTS .. but DVS, being in between not necessarily implies it doesn't have value!

//edit: post number 7000 :)

Offline monsterer

Read this:

I think you're giving people the wrong advice here. DevShares are testnet coins IMO, no matter what that article appears to say. They are the equivalent of BTS on the Dev network which is used to test development builds.

And quoting from that article:

It is a development network and all operations and transactions are inherently a gamble.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
How can I create a user pegged asset?
Same way as in the BTS chain:
Code: [Select]
wallet_asset_create <symbol> <asset_name> <issuer_name> <description> <maximum_share_supply> <precision> [public_data] [is_market_issued]   Creates a new user issued asset

so public_data is the feed or the price point?
nop .. public_data is an arbitrary JSON object that is stored on the blockchain.
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Delegate/PublicData

prices have to be published with a different command.
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Delegate/Feeds
I think I just read that Users Issued Assets are not pegged by a feed in ByteMasters Privatizing thread which is what I am after to get the logistics down for a feed based pegged asset.
UIA do not have a feed .. they can be issued by the issuer (owner) and sold on the market .. much like any asset on counterparty or NXT ..
There will be a huge update on UIA in the 0.9.0 version that will make it regulation complaint (if desired) .. and i think we should have some decent documentation by then too .. (hopefully)

Offline jcrubino

• View Profile
wallet_asset_create <symbol> <asset_name> <issuer_name> <description> <maximum_share_supply> <precision> [public_data] [is_market_issued]   Creates a new user issued asset

so public_data is the feed or the price point?
I think I just read that Users Issued Assets are not pegged by a feed in ByteMasters Privatizing thread which is what I am after to get the logistics down for a feed based pegged asset.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I like it, I did not realize Devshares was the testnet.
Read this:

Where can I get Devshares to test with?
begging or blocktrade.us :)

Why is devshares not just the testnet option for Bitshares (or is it)?
Read
and
http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/update/2015/01/08/DevShares-Reloaded/

Offline Pheonike

You can some thru blocktrade.us

Offline jcrubino

• View Profile

Why don't we put those coins on the DevShares chain? Would give ppl incentive to use them and help test our platform. Plus you make some money.
I like that idea .. alot .. actually

We could try make DevShares a DEX for altcoins and even more experimental assets like "bitcoin hashrate" proposed in the other thread ..
We could also sharedrop devDOGE into dogecoin holders and see how they react ..
Oh .. wait .. let's sharedrop bitcoin so that every bitcoin hodler can get hand of tokens in the devshare network .. (not sure how to handle txfees though)

How is up to this?

I like it, I did not realize Devshares was the testnet.

Where can I get Devshares to test with?

Why is devshares not just the testnet option for Bitshares (or is it)?

« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 02:41:31 am by jcrubino »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I like the idea, but we need to find a way to make it happen in the live client. We can't afford to split our small userbase even further in my opinion.
agreed ..
A little switch in a corner to switch between blockchain we need ..

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Why don't we put those coins on the DevShares chain? Would give ppl incentive to use them and help test our platform. Plus you make some money.

We could try make DevShares a DEX for altcoins and even more experimental assets like "bitcoin hashrate" proposed in the other thread ..
Oh .. wait .. let's sharedrop bitcoin so that every bitcoin hodler can get hand of tokens in the devshare network .. (not sure how to handle txfees though)

How is up to this?

I like the idea, but we need to find a way to make it happen in the live client. We can't afford to split our small userbase even further in my opinion.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

How is up to this?

Offline Pheonike

Offline jcrubino

• View Profile
The problem with pegging a single cryptocurrency is that it is reasonable that the smaller ones with high likely hood could break the pegging mechanism.

I am however creating an indices for various various collections of the cryptocoin markets.

Marketcap Based
Volatility Based
Theme Based

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
Are there any plans to add this? It could easily be an addition to existing gateways like metaxchange/shapeshift or a new gateway in itself. I think adding other popular altcoins to the platform is the way we will get a greater reach into the crypto community.

Dogecoin is a great initial contender as their community is huge and seems to market itself.

Most Bitcoin believers hold some altcoins which are often left on centralised exchanges - let's push to allow this speculation in a trustless system on the decentralised exchange.