Author Topic: Hard Time Registering Wallet  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Slappy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: slappy
Awesome. Thank you very much delulo. I will try these suggestions. Unfortunately I have an older computer and am a bit impatient so the problem is probably on my end in this respect.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
How long have you had the client open to let it sync? On very old machines it can take forever (like up to 12 hours). If it doesnt work at all. Make a new try and first copy the "wallet" folder somewhere else (to be safe you should also export the private keys into a json file: Client: File -> export wallet (or similar)). Then delete the Bitshares AppData (the wallet's parent folder called Bitshares).Then restart the client and let it sync again.

Btw. do you have the newest version: 0.6.1. If not that is the first thing I'd change.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

Bter should reopen for withdrawal at some point soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Slappy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: slappy
Hello,

I read Max Wright's book and have further dived deeper into the rabbit hole with this forum and mumble sessions. (To me the exciting companies in this area are Ripple, Ehtereum, and Bitshares. And personally I bet on Dan in the long run but that's another topic.)

I started buying bts on bter.com and initially set up a wallet but never registered it. Now I'm trying to register the wallet and use faucet to make it go live but it's saying that there's already a user with my name. I tried to create a different account out of the same wallet and I'm getting the same message with the new account as well.

I tried uninstalling and downloading the wallet again but I'm getting the same error. Plus it hasn't been able to download the full block chain (I get to about 95 days) and then it crashes.

Please advise. Any help getting my bitshares off bter.com would be greatly appreciated.

Slappy