Author Topic: Meetup.com is the BOMB  (Read 2618 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
yeah we just started! The idea is to use this account as global BTS meetup account...
Amsterdam is a neutral location IMO that's why i was thinking, it's a good idea..
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline robrigo

http://www.meetup.com/bitshares-worldwide/

That "worldwide" page threw me off, first I thought it was located in Amsterdam, then I see a bunch of Michigan people in there so I started thinkin, oh, so, this is a skype or hangouts meetup, ok cool.

It's Michigan Bitsharers only. Unless of course they wanna do a hangouts live....... :)

Haha that could be fun. I think the idea is to make a global landing page for all meetups to funnel through. Detroit meetup is just the first one posted atm. If you have an idea for a local meetup, we can give you permissions  to create an event.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
http://www.meetup.com/bitshares-worldwide/

That "worldwide" page threw me off, first I thought it was located in Amsterdam, then I see a bunch of Michigan people in there so I started thinkin, oh, so, this is a skype or hangouts meetup, ok cool.

It's Michigan Bitsharers only. Unless of course they wanna do a hangouts live....... :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Markus

• View Profile
I can translate it into German.

Offline onceuponatime

Do you have or need the German version of the book Bitshares 101?

Have you seen the Bitshares newsletter?

https://bitshares.org/newsletter/2015/nullstreet/the_nullstreet_journal_0-1.pdf

+5% german translation is really needed

@xeroc & delulo: you're not working on translation of this currently, right!?

@cusknee has a version of Bitshares101  (DOCX file (75.1 KB)) which has an edited Ch 7 to make it current and it has  links to Max's bitshares.tv updates and videos. If you have someone to translate it into German, let him know and he can send it to you.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

+5% german translation is really needed

@xeroc & delulo: you're not working on translation of this currently, right!?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
No, but that's a really good idea!
Thanx cusknee!
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I'll be discussing my love of Bitshares at our next Bitcoin Meetup here in Munich (http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Munich/).
I've been organizing and attending meetups for years, welll worth it, one of the best networking venues around.
Great post rgcrypto :)
  -ken

ps: "bitsharers" - love it!  +5% +5%
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
is there a way to get a meetup widget on .org site!? This would be awesome ... let me check this !

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
 +5% +5% +5%

post links to your meetup groups, so we can see how they look like
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline fuzzy

As I mentioned in my last delegate report, meetup.com is a fantastic way to get new users. (Online to Offline Funnel)

By strictly focusing on online conversions, we expect people to go through a lot of hoops by themselves in front of their computer.
Only the determined actually follow through (hence the cost of conversion)

With our mobile wallets coming out soon, we can start meetups that connect people who have problems with our tech.
We can grow the pie rather than fighting for a piece of the bitcoin.

Last week, for example, we help advertise the Buenos Aires Meetup and added 23 RSVP in the last 48 hours before the event.

On site, they were walked through registering an account, trading, etc. They probably made friends, experienced the tech and connected with other people with similar interest.

Meetup.com is a powerful platform and I would like to see our meetups "mushroom" everywhere and create local communities of bitsharers.

I am dedicated to help people who organize them with Facebook advertising to fill those events, as long as the event is well structured. (Other media are also interesting...university radio ads for example)

Let's get this party started. :D

+5%
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
As I mentioned in my last delegate report, meetup.com is a fantastic way to get new users. (Online to Offline Funnel)

By strictly focusing on online conversions, we expect people to go through a lot of hoops by themselves in front of their computer.
Only the determined actually follow through (hence the cost of conversion)

With our mobile wallets coming out soon, we can start meetups that connect people who have problems with our tech.
We can grow the pie rather than fighting for a piece of the bitcoin.

Last week, for example, we help advertise the Buenos Aires Meetup and added 23 RSVP in the last 48 hours before the event.

On site, they were walked through registering an account, trading, etc. They probably made friends, experienced the tech and connected with other people with similar interest.

Meetup.com is a powerful platform and I would like to see our meetups "mushroom" everywhere and create local communities of bitsharers.

I am dedicated to help people who organize them with Facebook advertising to fill those events, as long as the event is well structured. (Other media are also interesting...university radio ads for example)

Let's get this party started. :D