Author Topic: What to do when BitShares client crashes?  (Read 1486 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
aha .. good to know .. though those reports are handed over in the background somehow .. :)

Offline vikram

crash reports are sent to the bitshares devs .. so please send them over .. (no need to be afraid of losing funds via report .. no private keys are sent)

"so please send them over" - just to be clear, is that via the [Send to Apple] procedure - will that suffice? or is creating / adding to a Github issue preferred?  Thanks for the info!

The "Send to Apple" is not helpful. I believe only the Windows client has a separate crash reporting service that gets sent to us. You can create a GitHub issue with any details of the crash.

Offline jz831

• View Profile
    • Customized ASIC Controllers
crash reports are sent to the bitshares devs .. so please send them over .. (no need to be afraid of losing funds via report .. no private keys are sent)

"so please send them over" - just to be clear, is that via the [Send to Apple] procedure - will that suffice? or is creating / adding to a Github issue preferred?  Thanks for the info!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 07:04:50 pm by jz831 »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline jz831

• View Profile
    • Customized ASIC Controllers
Curious - what should I be doing when the application crashes - is there any way to help by offering my info?
Having worked on mobile apps for Android, the crash reports there are most helpful for development - I'm wondering if the [Send to Apple] option on the UI after BitShares crashes is useful or not, or should I be posting that info somewhere else, if it's worthwhile to do so?  (Obv. I'm running on OSX)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 05:58:47 am by jz831 »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads