Author Topic: Lets get some BTS and BTC on poloniex for the coming rally  (Read 4116 times)

Offline onceuponatime

I just signed up at poloniex.com

But, I can't see how to deposit. Could you point it out to me please.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
We all need to remove every single BTS we own from all exchanges. 

When we want to buy BTS, we deposit money on the exchange, buy BTS, and immediately remove it.  Always.  Immediately.

When we want to trade we use the Bitshares Decentralized exchange exclusively.  Only ever send BTS back to exchanges for permanent cashing out.

Please give me a time machine so I can go back and do this with bter.  I will only ever use the decentralized exchange ever again.  Hopefully many of us will learn this lesson from the bter hack in a way that doesnt cost us much except for pain, or a little BTC.  I don't ever plan to have much BTS on an exchange for more than like an hour or so, ever again.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Isnt the way to encourage a rally to take BTS OFF the exchanges? - make it scarce.

When a new user wants to get into bitshares, what they will do is to look at CMC for which exchanges have any volume. If there's no exchange with any BTS/BTC volume then theres no way for them to get in. They'll give up and will not become a new user.

Trying to "encourage" a rally by reducing liquidity and volume is probably about the most counterproductive thing you could do.

On the other hand if we take a price rally and turn it into higher liquidity and new users, then it will become something that actually gives us long term value, which is the only thing we are interested in.

Anyone who is actively trading should be using the BitBTC market anyway.

When poloniex gets goxxed, I will shed more crocodile tears.

not sure if serious...

Offline Pheonike

I just bought some BTS at Bittrex. Need to to get to list some BitAssets.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Isnt the way to encourage a rally to take BTS OFF the exchanges? - make it scarce. Anyone who is actively trading should be using the BitBTC market anyway.

When poloniex gets goxxed, I will shed more crocodile tears.

Edit: looks like theyve been mini goxxed already: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=499580 just like when Bter lost their NXT first and then all their BTC.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 12:13:47 am by speedy »

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Despite the recent terrible setback of bter getting hacked I think bitshares could be looking at least at a medium sized rally coming up, since we're currently so ridiculously undervalued.

However if such a rally is to get us any new users we need a way they can easily get into BTS, and unfortunately bter took that away from us. We can't expect new users to go through the painful btc38 user experience, so I think anyone who's actively trading should be moving some of their funds to poloniex so we can get some volume and a populated order book going. This will also have the effect of reducing shapeshifts currently crazy high spread for BTS.

Who's with me in getting some walls going? :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 11:55:52 pm by Rune »