Author Topic: Presentation this Thursday  (Read 2395 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
* Decentralized exchange allows trading without counterparty risk.

* Paid delegates transforms proof of work from a waste of electricity into proof of REAL work, where delegates are employees hired by the blockchain to help develop and promote bitsahres.

* Bitassets solve the problem of crypto stability, or also allow hedging to the price of various items like gold, silver, currencies, etc.

+5% nailed it IMO!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile
A few DAC/DAO articles surfaced lately.

http://www.coindesk.com/succeed-as-decentralized-autonomous-organization/
http://io9.com/how-much-longer-before-companies-start-to-run-themselve-1687015200

I think its worth mentioning DAC and how BitShares (and other systems) relate to/solve each part of DAC: Decentralized/Distributed, Autonomous, (being a profitable/sustainable) Company.

A few points could be:

DPOS:
  • economically sound (no waste, enough incentive)
  • Blockchain hires - maintenance, development.

market tools, BitAssets, hedging could be interesting too.

Offline yankey

• View Profile
Great stuff, should be an intelligent crowd of listeners - will bring in some more smart people!

Offline edilliam

It's actually at my university for the Association for Computing Machinery meeting. So almost all of them are computer science majors. Get to go and boggle their minds :D

Ah OK, maybe a quick look at the advantages of DPOS over POW may be a good idea then.

Offline VoR0220

Awesome!  :D

What is the setting, who is the crowd etc? Are they already familiar with blockchain technologies etc?

Try and sell the dream, open people's imaginations to the possibilities of what can now be achieved. Talk about a cryptocurrency without volatility, a solution to voter fraud (VOTE), a solution to domain squatting (DNS), fans supporting and owning musicians and their music distribution (MUSIC/Peertracks), cross game trading, betting and gambling without having to trust a third-party (PLAY). Don't get bogged down spending too much time on the technicalities, but do talk about the overarching concepts. Talk about how it empowers people. Talk about how we have huge decentralized teams all across the world, China, Argentina, US, Europe etc all working together on the same thing and how insane that truly is!

In the past, trying to explain Bitcoin to people I would always get stuck for about 15 minutes explaining proof of work and it turns people off because they just don't care. If instead I start by saying that we can now empower a child in Africa with a laptop and the internet to be the bank for his unbanked village, or how a hard working immigrant can work abroad and send back money to his family without a corrupt banking system sometimes taking as much 50% of that in fees the conversation always go very differently. Try and do this for BitShares, sell the dream and then show that this dream is becoming a reality because of all the amazing work of this community!

It's actually at my university for the Association for Computing Machinery meeting. So almost all of them are computer science majors. Get to go and boggle their minds :D
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
* Decentralized exchange allows trading without counterparty risk.

* Paid delegates transforms proof of work from a waste of electricity into proof of REAL work, where delegates are employees hired by the blockchain to help develop and promote bitsahres.

* Bitassets solve the problem of crypto stability, or also allow hedging to the price of various items like gold, silver, currencies, etc.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline edilliam

Awesome!  :D

What is the setting, who is the crowd etc? Are they already familiar with blockchain technologies etc?

Try and sell the dream, open people's imaginations to the possibilities of what can now be achieved. Talk about a cryptocurrency without volatility, a solution to voter fraud (VOTE), a solution to domain squatting (DNS), fans supporting and owning musicians and their music distribution (MUSIC/Peertracks), cross game trading, betting and gambling without having to trust a third-party (PLAY). Don't get bogged down spending too much time on the technicalities, but do talk about the overarching concepts. Talk about how it empowers people. Talk about how we have huge decentralized teams all across the world, China, Argentina, US, Europe etc all working together on the same thing and how insane that truly is!

In the past, trying to explain Bitcoin to people I would always get stuck for about 15 minutes explaining proof of work and it turns people off because they just don't care. If instead I start by saying that we can now empower a child in Africa with a laptop and the internet to be the bank for his unbanked village, or how a hard working immigrant can work abroad and send back money to his family without a corrupt banking system sometimes taking as much 50% of that in fees the conversation always go very differently. Try and do this for BitShares, sell the dream and then show that this dream is becoming a reality because of all the amazing work of this community!

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Explain what each of them brings to the table. Bitcoin showcased the invention of the blockchain, with the downside of mining. BitShares brings businesses, banking, exchange, and instant money transfers to the table, while Etherum has smart contracts, MaidSafe (if they can figure out how to do it) decentralized storage, etc. Just show how much can be done with our product, which really is a remarkable innovation.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Well you only gave me till Thursday.. sooooo really have to cherry pick here.

BitAssets.. Vibrant International Community.. DPOS key to future of crypto.

I'd say thats my top 3 off the top of my head.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline VoR0220

Hi all,

I'm doing a presentation this Thursday on Bitcoin, Bitshares, Ethereum, and MaidSafe as "cryptocurrency and crypto 2.0". What would you like me to emphasize and focus on when discussing Bitshares?