Author Topic: Fiat Gateways  (Read 2193 times)

Offline ubits

• View Profile
I even created my own bitCAD logo..

The red used in this is the official red of the Canadian flag btw. ;D

I like this version better

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
I would definitely use BitCad.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I even created my own bitCAD logo..

The red used in this is the official red of the Canadian flag btw. ;D
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

As the majority holder of all BitCAD at present.. I fully support this!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Having CAD -> bitCAD is a bridge's work. Gateways are doing like CAD -> GATECAD (UIA)
Similar to bitKRW, bitCAD has a low supply, so that if you choose bitCAD your operation will be quite limited.
My quick tip is, find market maker for GATECAD.

Create a new UIA to make it work? Why not just make the market for bitCAD? Isn't that what its for?

I'm sure if the guys serious... a dev delegate can work on the backend and help code it up.

No business comes without risk so I believe its best to spend a large portion of the startup cost in buying some BTS to help on the bid side of bitCAD, buy some bitCAD and fill the ASK side... so that when customers come they will have a functional system (and ramp up based on gateway fees, adding more depth on bitCAD over time)... the risk here is that the market maker is fully invested in bitCAD at this point, but thats what a market maker does.

Creating a GATEWAYCAD defeats the purpose I believe of the peg system as the novelty lies in being able to transfer "CAD to the blockchain", that is the sticky that is going to be marketed and help bring customers in for remittance or whatever... this way bitCAD becomes analogous to CAD and easy to understand (it is that in reality) and will be easy to understand rather than some random UIA that customers wont jump into.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 01:48:19 am by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Having CAD -> bitCAD is a bridge's work. Gateways are doing like CAD -> GATECAD (UIA)
Similar to bitKRW, bitCAD has a low supply, so that if you choose bitCAD your operation will be quite limited.
My quick tip is, find market maker for GATECAD.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline robrigo

There's a post about it on bytemaster's blog that is a good starting point.

http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/update/2014/12/18/Benefits-of-Being-a-BitShares-Gateway/

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Hi everyone

I have partners who may be interested in building a fiat gateway.
Where does someone go to get more info? Are there plans to have an "out of the box" back-end for this?

They are located in Canada so would we be bound to CAD -> bitCAD gateway?