Author Topic: Bitshares now has a professional PR initiative  (Read 30807 times)

Offline QJ

• View Profile
I know James has a very good reputation among our eastern community members, and I am sure that is well deserved. Because of this, I will give him the benefit of the doubt that his intentions are pure and just.

The questions are fairly asked. I was just wondering what are socalled "pure and just" intentions? what intentions are not? As long as it improves the current situation of Bitshares, by even a little bit, wouldn't it be great for the share holders? Or does it matter if they are pure and just intentions?

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Good intentions, rough execution.

Solution:

I support crypto_prometheus to speak for 'The Spokesman' in the West.

This may well yield the best of both worlds.

Offline Riverhead

To win we must first make it to the finish. While this leaves a bad taste in all of our mouths there is a reason corporations do this. It works. This community has seen the horrific affects of open discussion in the form of, "The Post Heard Around the World". To paraphrase a  pop culture expression, "Don't hate the player hate the game". We must adapt to an irrational and reactionary world.

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
Probably for the best. Hate to say it, but Dan and Stan both have a history of making off the cuff posts on these forums which result in shareholder confusion and a loss of confidence, despite their good intentions.

That said, the English in that blog post was pretty rough. Crypto_prometheus nailed it, and I would love to see James reach out and address his inquiries.

Offline onceuponatime

The "Spokesman" could use the self-awareness to realize he needs an editor himself. Awkwardly written.

I really miss Stan's posts.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
TL;DR (real world version)

If you are a Core Developer and wish to state an opinion about anything, use a pseudonym.

I see no problem with this, as long as opinions still get posted.

hmm...guessing which core dev you're ....kidding  :P 

On the other hand , if Core Dev post something sensitive with their own account would get different reaction from posting with pseudonym account , then I think it speaks more about the prejudice of their role and how that would affect public opinion . 

If god forbids Core Dev posted something that we as a community must object to , but under this kind of prejudice , we may even say : What a good idea .....   That alone would erase the meaning of community input .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
Good move I think. Blog post written with an unnecessary bearish review of the current BitShares situation though.

Also its spelt Bitshares everywhere instead of BitShares  :-*
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
I know James has a very good reputation among our eastern community members, and I am sure that is well deserved. Because of this, I will give him the benefit of the doubt that his intentions are pure and just.

However, I have to say that I his post on Bytemaster's Blog today did not have the signs of a good, professionally written piece of PR. It had several grammatical errors, awkward sentence structures, and tended to read like a damage control piece.

By "public relations", does he simply mean "speech advisor" ? His list of (7) decrees to limit the speech of the devs is appropriate and understandable in the context of private advisory, but a PR professional would never have posted something like that publicly.

That said, I wonder if James would be open to answering a few questions....

1. Is he only working in an advisory capacity to the devs, or does he plan to try and coordinate with all BitShares delegates?

2. Where is his operation based - China or the US? How much time will he focus on western markets, vs. eastern markets?

3. Does he plan to aggressively pursue relationships with western media contacts? Does he have any experience with Public Relations in the United States or Europe?

4. How soon can we expect Press Releases distributed over 1st tier western wires like PR newswire, Business Wire, or PR Web? This is a cornerstone to good PR, but is relatively expensive ($250 - $1000 per Press Release). Is he receiving funds from "Invictus" (aka. BM), or will he be relying entirely on delegate pay?

Keep in mind that good Public Relations means a steady and consistent feed of information, in order to help to "shape" the narrative. Let us keep a close eye on how well this job is handled...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 04:21:17 am by crypto_prometheus »
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I believe this is going to be good for the market cap as everything will be much more professional and similar to the way real businesses work, but something doesn't feel right with Dan submitting to group think and filtered answers...

It was the case for a long time , you know , any answer regarding the tax or legal issue or something implicating those issues are filtered by group think of lawyers and tax consultants . If not careful , it may leave some door open either  ...
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline joele

• View Profile
Even bad news is good news.  Well that's how big corporation works. +5%

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I believe this is going to be good for the market cap as everything will be much more professional and similar to the way real businesses work, but something doesn't feel right with Dan submitting to group think and filtered answers...

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
BitShares is growing up.

rite of passage
Word Origin
noun
Anthropology. a ceremony performed to facilitate or mark a person's change of status upon any of several highly important occasions, as at the onset of puberty or upon entry into marriage or into a clan.
any important act or event that serves to mark a passage from one stage of life to another.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bobmaloney

TL;DR (real world version)

If you are a Core Developer and wish to state an opinion about anything, use a pseudonym.

I see no problem with this, as long as opinions still get posted.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)