Author Topic: bitEUR volume  (Read 2711 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Isn't silver/gold's value expressed in fiat?

What would happen to the bitGOLD being held if the price dropped from $1300 to $300 ? Doesn't one get the equivalent of $300 at that point in time back in BTS?

My understanding might be severely flawed here..
BitGOLD is settled in BTS. Whatever the value of an ounce of Gold is you can always exchange it for BTS worth one ounce of gold. -> Based on this gateways will provide a service in the future where they exchange one ounce of gold directly for once ounce of BitGOLD or USD worth one ounce of Gold to 1 BitGOLD and back for a small fee.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I live in Munich. There's tons of crypto people in this city. TONS.
Europeans are not happy about that "EUR" label though. In fact, almost every native German I know would prefer precious metals, the return of the deutschmark or crypto. Not one is in favor of the Euro, not one. So, bitEUR will probably never be popular here. bitSilver hell yes. bitGold oh yeah. bitANYTHING before bitFiats.

so please educate them and let them SHORT bitEUR on bitshares  ;)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
ja dankeschön @jabbajabba (Bob die baumeister?) sie haben zu leben hier in münchen? prost -ken
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Isn't silver/gold's value expressed in fiat?

What would happen to the bitGOLD being held if the price dropped from $1300 to $300 ? Doesn't one get the equivalent of $300 at that point in time back in BTS?

My understanding might be severely flawed here..

Offline JA

• View Profile
Europeans are not happy about that "EUR" label though. In fact, almost every native German I know would prefer precious metals, the return of the deutschmark or crypto. Not one is in favor of the Euro, not one. So, bitEUR will probably never be popular here. bitSilver hell yes. bitGold oh yeah. bitANYTHING before bitFiats.
can confirm  :D

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Atm bitassets are mostly used for hedging and since the USD to EUR exchange rate is relatively stable (in crypto terms) traders will just go to whatever fiat biasset has the most liquidity.

That's what I feared.

Perhaps it's for the best for now, in terms of visibility. Same argument could be made about bitCNY/bitUSD, though..
There is a huge Chinese community that is more comfortable with CNY including a gateway infrastructure that allows to go directly from CNY to BitCNY and back...

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Atm bitassets are mostly used for hedging and since the USD to EUR exchange rate is relatively stable (in crypto terms) traders will just go to whatever fiat biasset has the most liquidity.

That's what I feared.

Perhaps it's for the best for now, in terms of visibility. Same argument could be made about bitCNY/bitUSD, though..

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Not wanting to derail https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14525.0;topicseen ..

Howcome bitEUR sees so little action? Are there almost no Europeans in on BTS?

When there is demand for BitEUR because merchants accept it it should change.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
http://map.bitshares.org
wouldn't say so .. maybe we just don't have the marketing power the US or China has

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Not wanting to derail https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14525.0;topicseen ..

Howcome bitEUR sees so little action? Are there almost no Europeans in on BTS?