Author Topic: To all newbies: What brought you here?  (Read 10210 times)

Offline sepehr

• CryptoCurrency Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Coinex.ir
For me the Asset option, and the daily transaction bitshares had on CMC.

Offline yankey

• View Profile
I think it was Madbitcoins sometime in 2013

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Initially looked for explanation of how Bitcoin works this is by far the best I found BTW. Amazon books search found Max's Bitshares 101 which really got me interested in the concept and then to here..

welcome, @bulletproof :)

Offline bulletproof

Initially looked for explanation of how Bitcoin works this is by far the best I found BTW. Amazon books search found Max's Bitshares 101 which really got me interested in the concept and then to here..
Everything is awesome, or if it isn't it ought to be.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
coinmarketcap.com  :)

same here...coinmarketcap is generally what tips me off to new crypto, then i dig in on my own.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I found out about bitshares while talking w a friend about how services built on top of the Blockchain (colored coins at the time) we're going to change everything.  I think bitshares is going to have a huge impact and am looking forward to being a part of the community :).
Sounds like an interesting intro! You are warmly welcome!

we're going to change everything

Do you mean "will go to change everything" or do you (plural) plan to change everything? :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:29:07 pm by delulo »

Offline algobait

• View Profile
I found out about bitshares while talking w a friend about how services built on top of the Blockchain (colored coins at the time) we're going to change everything.  I think bitshares is going to have a huge impact and am looking forward to being a part of the community :)

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Cool, thx @Permie ...good article btw.

I'm always on the hunt for new data...BTS and bitassets haven't yet really hit the merchant scene (BTC is still a baby in that arena too), but what about data aggregator sites for BTS or bitasset trades? like price/volume stuff?
http://bitsharesblocks.com/

https://cryptrader.com/

awesome, thx again @Permie

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss

I'm always on the hunt for new data...BTS and bitassets haven't yet really hit the merchant scene (BTC is still a baby in that arena too), but what about data aggregator sites for BTS or bitasset trades? like price/volume stuff?
http://bitsharesblocks.com/

https://cryptrader.com/
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i got interested because of the bitassets likes bitUSD, bitCNY.  I would like to check out how they work out, but I cant even get my BTS windows client run properly  :'(

did you tried the technical section ? https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/board,45.0.html

i am running all my clients on windows machines and no bigger problems - and i am far away to be a technical person.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
I'm just starting out in Finance academia and believe this is the future. I've been into BTC and alt crypto for a few years now, took my time to better understand BTS and tinker with the system, but now I'm on board...will be building my position in the DAC and helping the community as best I can. On that note, anyone know of any good data sources for potential research? I'd like to spread the word in academia...
I'm not sure if this is the type of thing you mean but Bytemaster's blog explains a lot of the reasons why BitShares should be better than the competition

http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/article/2015/01/12/Decentralization-Scalability-and-Fault-Tolerance-of-Bitcoin/
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
I'm just starting out in Finance academia and believe this is the future. I've been into BTC and alt crypto for a few years now, took my time to better understand BTS and tinker with the system, but now I'm on board...will be building my position in the DAC and helping the community as best I can. On that note, anyone know of any good data sources for potential research? I'd like to spread the word in academia...

Offline omgurindanger

• View Profile
i got interested because of the bitassets likes bitUSD, bitCNY.  I would like to check out how they work out, but I cant even get my BTS windows client run properly  :'(