Author Topic: To all newbies: What brought you here?  (Read 10062 times)

Offline jrb450

• View Profile
Invited through Meetup.com, met some awesome people, and ultimately directed here.

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
The purposeful destruction of all that is good in the world brought me here.

should be in the great quotes thread  +5%

Lol....funny stuff.

Anyways in terms of marketing?  There were many touch points especially because I'm a pretty slow mover.. (don't they say it takes seven touches before a sale?)
-Probably reading Bytemaster's blog posts and watching his videos had the most impact on me (I'm a voluntaryist so his blog was extremely refreshing)  This video was one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mwmlJICyRA  (Any mention of Ron Paul is a bonus.. and Austrian economics too... so this appealed to me and will appeal to many in the liberty movement.  I do think the blogs might be seen as a bit radical for the average person though)
-I watched the webinar last year, but the biggest hangup for me was that all the shares were distributed and I felt like I missed out.
-Max Wright's Bitshares.tv (funny I remember Max Wright's Success Council videos from a liberty forum a while back)
-Stan's blog about the history of Bitshares & reading bitsharestalk.org  The activity & level of quality of this community is very good compared to other alt coins based on my experience.

The main feature I was attracted to was bitGold & bitUSD.  I think removing volatility is a huge innovation and doing so without counterparty risk.  A lot of the solutions in the alt-coin and crypto scene used IOUs or a custodian, but the way bitShares is structured and the collateralization is huge.  The comparison table Bytemaster shows about different types of dollars and how they compare with each other was also useful. 

Anyways that's  all I remember at the moment...

BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)

Offline ubits

• View Profile

should be in the great quotes thread  +5%

Offline konelectric

It was Max from the Success Council  (Bithares TV).

Thanks you Max

Edit: To make thing more complex. It was 'Above Average' Joe from http://survivallife.com/ that introduce me to Max which who introduce me to Bitshares.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:37:29 am by konelectric »
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Tuck Fheman

Offline doyoubit

• View Profile
I found Bitshares 101 book while searching for Bitcoin material on Amazon.com. I read it twice and really like the way Max communicates his point on Bitshares.tv.

+5% +5% +5%

Offline Slappy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: slappy
I found Bitshares 101 book while searching for Bitcoin material on Amazon.com. I read it twice and really like the way Max communicates his point on Bitshares.tv.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
Somehow I happened to find Bytemaster's blog and it got my attention because there was lots of interesting and intelligent stuff. Especially his understanding of economics and incentives seemed to be way better than of many other altcoin devs.

Offline doyoubit

• View Profile
a truly revolutionary technology.....and bytemasters  control and grace in face of all the criticism and FUD he faces

Offline karnal

• View Profile
1) Research.
2) Wanting to learn more:)

Most juicy features for me are hedging and interest. If it all works as expected, it's a pretty good partial & viable alternative to a normal bank account. I could see myself getting paid in bitassets!

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
It seems there are many new people here on the forum lately. I would be very helpful and interesting to know....

1) how you found Bitshares
2) and what sparked your interest enough to begin posting on this forum.

In addition the the poll above, please make a quick comment that specifies your vote: which article, which youtube video etc. And what argument, attitude or Bitshares feature has triggered your interest.

Your help is much appreciated!  :)

EDIT:
First result: Reddit isn't as important as we think it might be. Possible reason: Reddit/Bitcoin attracks a lot of people that know what they want anyway and seek for affirmation of their opinion (that Bitcoin is the holy grail).

EDIT 2: Coinmarketcap.com has been added as a voting option on June, 20th, 2015.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:08:11 am by delulo »