Author Topic: The BitShares Hosted Web Wallet is ready...  (Read 64217 times)

Offline mint chocolate chip

How do you vote with the web wallet? There is nothing to click on the Delegates page to do so
There is a distinct vote page
Can you be more specific, where do I find this page, it is probably obvious but 15 minutes of looking around and clicking seemingly everything...

However, I did notice that on the Preferences page it has the By Default Vote For: ALL, if I change it to anything else, when I click Update nothing happens, leaving that tab/page and returning has it back to ALL.
Are we talking about bitshares 0.9.2? Then there should be a list of delegates and a clickable empty thumbsup/down icon ..

Like Riverhead said, this is the Web Wallet topic, so no not the client app 0.9.2.

I use Chrome and do not see those thumbs.

Maybe this explains our voter apathy issue, people using the web wallet, which is likely a lot of users, can't vote.

Offline Riverhead

Not on my screen (Firefox). Xeroc are you using a dev instance of the web wallet?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
How do you vote with the web wallet? There is nothing to click on the Delegates page to do so
Can you be more specific, where do I find this page, it is probably obvious but 15 minutes of looking around and clicking seemingly everything...

However, I did notice that on the Preferences page it has the By Default Vote For: ALL, if I change it to anything else, when I click Update nothing happens, leaving that tab/page and returning has it back to ALL.
Are we talking about bitshares 0.9.2? Then there should be a list of delegates and a clickable empty thumbsup/down icon ..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
Yes except for shorting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Amadeus

Does the online wallet has the same functions like the app ?

Offline jamesc

Same output  :-[
Have you used a number > 10 .. maybe 100 or so?
Do you use the exact same "wallet" as you used when you created your account?
maybe also try a second optional parameter like 2000

The hosted wallet does not recover numbered account in the same way as the desktop wallet.  Even though the hosted wallet uses a sequence it is not the same hash.  This is really only because the c++ code is amazingly complex in the way that was done (well easy to do in c++ but not so easy to re-create or debug).  I got close but never got it right.  We finally just moved on based on good advice and the idea that this was all gonig to be re-written (graphene, yea!!).  So, I just used some more of Nathan's great ideas and added a simple hash and the counter.  The hosted wallet differs a bit, there is no large number involved your really not scanning much.  It just counts and checks every step of the way.  You really can't skip numbers.  It is straight forward so there is no number exposed in the API, it is done behind the scenes.

There is a Wallet Advance feature where you can try to recover an account by its name.  This is a light-wallet account or, for a 'very' short period of time, the hosted wallet used the account name in that hash I mentioned above.  In any case, you may gain insight by using it.  If you try to recover an account by name that was not created with your recover key you will see something like this 'can't recover, this account is not owned by this wallet'...  So, this would confirm you need to check the recover key.

Offline jamesc

Question: is there a way to select my own Recovery Key rather than the random one thats automatically generated?

I'm sure there is, i just dont see it.

Thanks
M
it's only possible with the console version of the client:
wallet_create <wallet_name> <new_passphrase> [brain_key] [new_passphrase_verify]                     

but I would not recommend using a brain_key unless you REALLY REALLY REALLY know what you are doing!!

Just use "Recover Wallet" and type anything you want.. yes, you really should limit funds if you start doing that or better yet run some numbers and share.  I use simple keys for my test accounts which will be transferable to a stronger key later in Graphene.   At least the wallet gives us a hint what the a proper strength should be (we did some math and compared it to the industry standard)...  Of course, keep in mind, this is a server hosting js files that creates the key.  We really have to do better than this; we just need that key created in a format where the source code can be frozen or ran in cold storage.  So, you can at least see what a retirement strength key should look like..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Have you used a number > 10 .. maybe 100 or so?
Do you use the exact same "wallet" as you used when you created your account?
maybe also try a second optional parameter like 2000

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Lost one account after laptop migration but cannot recover account.

Code: [Select]
>> wallet_recover_accounts clayop-web 10

"Not Implemented [wallet_recover_accounts]"

Is there any other way to recover account?
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/RecoveringFunds#Recovering_lost_account
>> wallet_recover_accounts 10

Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/RecoveringFunds#Recovering_lost_account
>> wallet_recover_accounts 10

Offline konelectric

Will our unrecover account servive the Migrating to BitShares 2.0?
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop