Author Topic: The BitShares Hosted Web Wallet is ready...  (Read 64229 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
On a seperate note, would I be correct in assuming that shorting BitUSD and other MPA's is not currently possible on the Web Wallet interface?
Correct

Offline brucelawton

On a seperate note, would I be correct in assuming that shorting BitUSD and other MPA's is not currently possible on the Web Wallet interface?

Offline konelectric

I only had a couple of bucks in BTS to exerment with in the wallet. I'm not worried about that. What I'm worried about is recovering my username. I liked it and want to be able to use it again.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Hi,

I have opened in the past an account in the web wallet. When I tried to login yesterday, I only had the option to create or recover a wallet. I tried to recover the wallet with the brain wallet passphrase and i am not sure if i have done something wrong but the only account appearing is "guest"

When I type the password today and I put the same password I had before and the same from yesterday (maybe new created wallet) I again see only "guest"..

Anyway. Is there something I can do to recover my original wallet with the accounts I have created?

Has this been fixed yet? I can access my webwallet from google chrome, which is the browser I created it with.  When I try to use internet explorer and regenerate the wallet with my brain key, I only see "guest" when I add a password and open my wallet.

For me it hasn't been fixed..I am using chrome which is the one I have created it. 2 days ago I have re tried to recover my wallet. I put my brain key and when i put my password i got a message that "this password already exists" and the wallet didn't open...

I don't have any BTS there. I only expect some BTS to receive from the BTS Game that hk team has ceated from HLP which I am not even sure if they will deliver the promised BTS anyway. If I had bitassets and BTS in there and this happened I would be very annoyed so I would say that if the web wallet has bugs that may result losing funds it should be avoided for now and we shouldn't advise new members to use it when they complain about the slowness of the GUI wallet.

Does anyone else resolved their issues? Is there something else I can do to recover my accounts?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Here it takes less than 30 secs for the browser to recover my accounts ..

I dont think you should use internet explorer for money related tasks ..

You have the same trouble with chrome and firefox?

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Hi,

I have opened in the past an account in the web wallet. When I tried to login yesterday, I only had the option to create or recover a wallet. I tried to recover the wallet with the brain wallet passphrase and i am not sure if i have done something wrong but the only account appearing is "guest"

When I type the password today and I put the same password I had before and the same from yesterday (maybe new created wallet) I again see only "guest"..

Anyway. Is there something I can do to recover my original wallet with the accounts I have created?

Has this been fixed yet? I can access my webwallet from google chrome, which is the browser I created it with.  When I try to use internet explorer and regenerate the wallet with my brain key, I only see "guest" when I add a password and open my wallet.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

What was the 'silver bullet' in case of bitcoin? There was none. It took years of hard work, polishing the clients, services and message. Gradually making things usable.
There is no 'silver bullet': not any single wallet, not "1.0", not one marketing push.
I recommend this presentation from Mike Hearn aspecially the bit about Google maps:
https://youtu.be/2MtUKr05Y3I

Well said..  +5% but the truth is.. this is what most people who saw that thought:

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I think  the web wallet should be able to handle "update active key" right?
@jcalfee
Would you please take a look if this is manageable?

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
I think  the web wallet should be able to handle "update active key" right?
btslan transfer BTS to exchange.btsbots from web wallet,
but I can't get the transaction from my wallet.

I have change active key, and I only import the latest active key,
maybe it's the problem.
when I use the old wallet, which have all active key and owner key, I can find the transaction.

the transactin ID is 60aca2b7

please fixed this, thanks.
you need that active key that was the latest active key at the time of the transfer ..
it can be easily fixed by either also importing all old active keys or by sending all your funds back to your self (i.e. with the new active key)

Also, the web wallet (wallet.bitshares.org) is not able to handle "update_active_key" .. so you should not change the active key there .. yet

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
btslan transfer BTS to exchange.btsbots from web wallet,
but I can't get the transaction from my wallet.

I have change active key, and I only import the latest active key,
maybe it's the problem.
when I use the old wallet, which have all active key and owner key, I can find the transaction.

the transactin ID is 60aca2b7

please fixed this, thanks.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Hope they get it fixed.

I'm sure jcalfee1 is working on it..

I for example use my tablet for everything, more than my laptop these days. At the Meetups I'd like to be able to sign people up, but I can't. Everybody is expected to bring a laptop if they want to sign up.

On my tablet, I can't see the entire screen on the web wallet, the bottom is cut off. No scrolling down is allowed.
I can see the create wallet button though, I tap it, move around the generate the recovery key and then that's as far as it will let me go.

For that reason, just for me, the web wallet is totally unusable right now. If we could get past the first screen, I'm sure it's great.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline konelectric

Hi,

I posted this same problem/question over a month ago. Hope they get it fixed.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Question: is there a way to select my own Recovery Key rather than the random one thats automatically generated?

I'm sure there is, i just dont see it.

Thanks
M
it's only possible with the console version of the client:
wallet_create <wallet_name> <new_passphrase> [brain_key] [new_passphrase_verify]                     

but I would not recommend using a brain_key unless you REALLY REALLY REALLY know what you are doing!!

Offline nz

• View Profile

Question: is there a way to select my own Recovery Key rather than the random one thats automatically generated?

I'm sure there is, i just dont see it.

Thanks
M
"There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose"

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Hi,