Author Topic: The BitShares Hosted Web Wallet is ready...  (Read 63551 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
BTW: should there be a demand for the DevShares market place, we could get enough price feeds going on DevShares.  This would be ideal for market changes like this...
The transaction details show UNKNOWN for me .. but the $50c I bought with BTS have arrived :)
Great work +5%

Offline jamesc

BTW: should there be a demand for the DevShares market place, we could get enough price feeds going on DevShares.  This would be ideal for market changes like this...

Offline jamesc

We did say I would have some market features before I pack up and move (through the weekend).  So, here it is: https://wallet.bitshares.org/pre_release  ... This is for testers only, but all transactions are real and permanent!  It is definitely a pre-release.  I'm sure there will be plenty for me to do next week to ready it for a real release.

So, you may try out small market orders in the Buy Sell tabs.  Be cautious that you can cancel the orders at will, that is a different kind of transaction on the back-end.  Consider that an order can be partially filled and that will effect the data in the request to cancel the order....

In my testing I see this: GUI updates are a bit slow and in a UIA trade did not consistently update.  On my testnet, a very small buy order did not cancel due to "insufficient fees" ..  This may be related to a light wallet fee calculation, perhaps rounding. 

Transfers are to be questioned as well, I moved from regular JavaScript ints to a Long objects on all transactions to achieve higher precision. 

With all that said: I can buy and sell market and user-issued assets.  Also, I am able to transfer/receive all types of assets as it worked before.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
How about affiliate tracking?

38PTSWarrior

Someone said it earlier already. On my android the screen size of the wallet cannot be changed. It is too big. Yesterday I linked to the wallet only. That*s good, because the people can immediately see something nice. 

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
In 140 characters or less, how can we advertise that? A photo would be nice too, but that would shorten the char count I think.
Either way, let me know so that we can assist!
Thanx in advance :)
  -ken

We need market making to be done on the internal BitBTC:BitUSD exchange first. Im willing to do it with a bot that I wrote but theres probably no point until it the market gets advertised on the exchange page. Fortunately svk has put in a fix for that and its coming soon.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Edit 2: There is a huge market for speculating on BTC on a blockchain with the cost basis in dollars. Our competitors are thinking about how to write a contract for it: https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/1435/anyone-interesting-in-options-futures-cfd-market-contract We already have this market setup but for some bizarre reason we are not advertising it. Please someone tell me why.

In 140 characters or less, how can we advertise that? A photo would be nice too, but that would shorten the char count I think.
Either way, let me know so that we can assist!
Thanx in advance :)
  -ken
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline webbson

• View Profile
  • BitShares: w3bbsn
Hey.

Yesterday when I tried to send BitUSD via this wallet I could not get it to work. Hasn't tried today due to the Network problems today,

When I pressed the Send button I got a confirmation window and when I clicked the confirm button in that window it disappeared and nothing happened at all. Left it like that for 5 minutes or so and tested in both Chrome and Ff. 

Edit: Finally found the problem. The memo from https://metaexchange.info/ was to long. There should be an error showed on the page if this happens. I just captured it in the dev console.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:23:55 pm by webbson »

Offline speedy

• View Profile
jcalfee Here is more low-hanging fruit: Can you make the BitBTC:BitUSD market one of the featured markets? It doesnt matter if it has low-volume right now, people need to know about it before they will use it.

Edit: it looks like a one-liner:

Code: [Select]
$scope.featured_markets.push "BitUSD:#{main_asset.symbol}"
$scope.featured_markets.push "BitCNY:#{main_asset.symbol}"
$scope.featured_markets.push "BitBTC:BitUSD"

Edit 2: There is a huge market for speculating on BTC on a blockchain with the cost basis in dollars. Our competitors are thinking about how to write a contract for it: https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/1435/anyone-interesting-in-options-futures-cfd-market-contract We already have this market setup but for some bizarre reason we are not advertising it. Please someone tell me why.

Edit 3: I checked and that bit of code does work.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 09:36:33 pm by speedy »

Offline jamesc

how can i recover my wallet with the brain key?
I have delete the webwallet from my computer, and want to test how to recover before i really rely on it.
Goto to the website and refresh...   Use Recover Wallet

Offline speedy

• View Profile
Wahoo now everyone can share this url:

https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/market/BitBTC:BitUSD/Guest/buy

Which is awesome because we can easily show that BitShares is the safest place to trade bitcoin. Nice one James!

Now if only we could increase the volume on that market...

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
how can i recover my wallet with the brain key?
I have delete the webwallet from my computer, and want to test how to recover before i really rely on it.

Offline jamesc

it seems that I cannot dump my private key in online wallet
>> wallet_dump_private_key BTS7G72UfgQ52pR9XtkBND9fQExJ1RSMCrJd2NcUWFnvzKdPJtsWb

null
>> wallet_dump_account_private_key myapple

"Not Implemented [wallet_dump_account_private_key]"

Use "wallet_dump_private_key account_name" instead..  We will filter unimplemented rpc calls from the console's help, that probably would have help you in this case.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
it seems that I cannot dump my private key in online wallet
>> wallet_dump_private_key BTS7G72UfgQ52pR9XtkBND9fQExJ1RSMCrJd2NcUWFnvzKdPJtsWb

null
>> wallet_dump_account_private_key myapple

"Not Implemented [wallet_dump_account_private_key]"

github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

Damn, I used a name I really really like so work extra hard on this.
LOL...Damn is a lot kinder than the f word...

OK, good to know.  I pick up those accounts registered before this release.

Me too  :-X