Author Topic: The BitShares Hosted Web Wallet is ready...  (Read 63511 times)

Offline svk

Can we have the open shorts orders and margin call orders show up in the web wallet like they do in the regular wallet? I know we can't actually use the exchange in the web wallet yet, but just having a more reliable source (bitsharesblocks.com often seems to be out-of-date or incorrect in the order books it displays for some reason) for short information through an easily accessible website is nice.

I also agree along the lines of what speedy is suggesting in that it would be nice to have one main read-only guest account (perhaps with the dashboard disabled and account pages made read-only so that no one could transfer funds to and from the account) which could have permalinks to the various views (like the exchange markets, delegate pages, account pages, etc.). By the way, I really appreciate being able to go into the console on a guest account (it is nice to quickly be able to load a web page and run blockchain_* accounts without even needing to type in a password).
There was a bug in my back-end code that made the asset update cycle get stuck, I fixed it yesterday so bitsharesblocks should be more reliable for assets now.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
I thinking it might be good to drop the login and guest.  We should have a new landing page.  The Tollbar could then say "login" instead of "lock" then toggle (to lock) after a login.

Oh, I like that. And the landing page could be the exchange instead of the dashboard (which wouldn't exist when not logged in). Although I don't see the reason for using "lock" in that case instead of "Log out" to be symmetric with the "Login". The right hand corner of the toolbar could instead be a drop down menu. When a wallet exists on the computer and the wallet is not already logged in, the drop down would by default show "Login" and clicking on the drop down would reveal the other two options: "Create new wallet" and "Recover wallet". When a wallet does not exist on the computer, the drop down would by default show "Create wallet" and clicking on the drop down would reveal the other option: "Recover wallet". When already logged into the only wallet on the computer, the drop down would by default show "Log out" and the drop down would actually be disabled since no other option would be available. When already logged into one of multiple wallets on the computer, the drop down would by default show "Log out" and clicking on the drop down would reveal the other option: "Switch wallet". Clicking on "Switch wallet" would log out of the current wallet and take the user to the same page that clicking on "Login" takes them: a page that allows the user to type in the wallet password and log in, or click a button to return to the logged out landing page. Clicking on "Log out" would take the user to the logged out landing page.

Offline Riverhead

LOVE the guest account.  I haven't checked in with the web wallet in a bit. Great to see the progress you've been making.

+5%

Offline jamesc

Can we have the open shorts orders and margin call orders show up in the web wallet like they do in the regular wallet? I know we can't actually use the exchange in the web wallet yet, but just having a more reliable source (bitsharesblocks.com often seems to be out-of-date or incorrect in the order books it displays for some reason) for short information through an easily accessible website is nice.

I also agree along the lines of what speedy is suggesting in that it would be nice to have one main read-only guest account (perhaps with the dashboard disabled and account pages made read-only so that no one could transfer funds to and from the account) which could have permalinks to the various views (like the exchange markets, delegate pages, account pages, etc.). By the way, I really appreciate being able to go into the console on a guest account (it is nice to quickly be able to load a web page and run blockchain_* accounts without even needing to type in a password).

CORRECTION: Open shorts / margins are only shown for one's own accounts.  This will be added when trading is added.

I thinking it might be good to drop the login and guest.  We should have a new landing page.  The Tollbar could then say "login" instead of "lock" then toggle (to lock) after a login.

Bytemaster's advice was to get a good  VPS..  This is serving us well...   We have SSD storage which is better for this software. This also means I can cluster and not have to worry as much about caching..
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 08:41:48 pm by jcalfee1 »

TurkeyLeg

Can the web wallet integrate the entrance of some gateway or bridge? Then people can loggin to the web wallet and directly deposit fiat and receive bitAsset. It just like the deposit directly from fiat to bitasset. It will be much smooth for people to come in.

As soon as Bitshares implements a fiat onramp, the banks and governments will be all over this, NOT good. Just use the centralized exchanges to send your fiat to bitcoin then xfer to bitshares.

You may be the only person on the forum that believes that.  We are dead if we don't get fiat on/off ramps.

Legal compliance is still a concern. We need to get the fiat on/off ramps and clear any legal requirements, where applicable.

I think @bytemaster agrees with me:
http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/article/2015/01/22/Use-Gold-and-Silver-with-BitShares-to-bypass-Fiat-Regulations/
Today I would like to present the case for abandoning fiat all together and adopting a truly free market currency: gold, silver, and other metals.

Good luck with that. If nobody launches Fiat <---> BitAsset ramps that address legal requirements where the ramp is implemented, then there will be no improvements in adoption. None.

Offline jamesc

Damn, I used a name I really really like so work extra hard on this.
LOL...Damn is a lot kinder than the f word...

OK, good to know.  I pick up those accounts registered before this release.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 02:48:48 am by arhag »

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

Can the web wallet integrate the entrance of some gateway or bridge? Then people can loggin to the web wallet and directly deposit fiat and receive bitAsset. It just like the deposit directly from fiat to bitasset. It will be much smooth for people to come in.

As soon as Bitshares implements a fiat onramp, the banks and governments will be all over this, NOT good. Just use the centralized exchanges to send your fiat to bitcoin then xfer to bitshares.

You may be the only person on the forum that believes that.  We are dead if we don't get fiat on/off ramps.

Legal compliance is still a concern. We need to get the fiat on/off ramps and clear any legal requirements, where applicable.

What are the legal compliances in Africa and Argentjna .. I think we may focus to much on the U.S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline konelectric

Just in-case, in the near future, please register with an account name that you are not particularly attached too; stick with this until we see that your recover key can show the same account in two different wallets and we give it all a good thumbs up..

https://wallet.bitshares.org/legacy_accounts

Damn, I used a name I really really like so work extra hard on this.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
The guest account feature is great  ;D

But I still cant share a guest url - this redirects me back to the login screen for example: https://wallet.bitshares.org/pre_release/#/market/BitUSD:BTS/Guest_4227b502c7/buy

Offline jamesc

I have updated "pre_release" ... We have added a lot of your suggestions.  Re-post if I missed something.  A "key" change in this pre release is a new algorithm: Draft standard for BitShares Wallet Key Generation.  This standardizes how account keys are create for your accounts in the wallet.  The idea is to maximize compatibility between all BitShares Wallets.

https://wallet.bitshares.org/pre_release

The plan is to move the pre_release branch to the main wallet Saturday.  I'll be around on the weekend to monitor things.  I have submitted an entry about the online wallet to The NullStreet Journal for Monday's issue.. 

** Tomorrow, Friday, I'll make a few performance and refresh updates (mostly timing)..  **

EDIT: I will include support for the accounts registered prior to this release.

I will look forward to your feedback (kind words).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 02:23:54 am by jcalfee1 »

clout

I think its extremely important that once we have market functionality in the web wallet that we integrate bridges into the wallet as well. If bridges are integrated into the web wallet then we have a competitive advantage over other exchanges. Users can send bitcoin to their wallet and have their account  can be credited with a desired bitassets. I see the user experience unfolding as follows:

1) go to wallet.bitshares.org
2) create a wallet and register name
3) set deposit preference to bitusd / add bitcoin withdrawal address
4) click deposit button which generates a bitcoin address for user to deposit to
5) exchange fiat for bitcoin instantly with circle or coinbase
6) send bitcoin to deposit address
7) receive bitusd in 10 minutes
8) trade bitusd for other bitassets
9) withraw specified amount of bitusd to bitcoin withdrawal address
10) exchange bitcoin to fiat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
something wrong with the web wallet? my test account seems gone, another user reported a blank account too: http://twitter.com/toluselu/status/575178810221461504

There have been no upgrades.  I was able to see my account and I'm still able to re-create the wallet and the account appears there too.  EDIT: Any variation in the brain-key can cause this. 

I'll PM you and we can figure out what is going on...

not at home so I can't test it right away, but that's what I told them on twitter https://twitter.com/btsfav/status/575228654436945920

Offline jamesc

something wrong with the web wallet? my test account seems gone, another user reported a blank account too: http://twitter.com/toluselu/status/575178810221461504

There have been no upgrades.  I was able to see my account and I'm still able to re-create the wallet and the account appears there too.  EDIT: Any variation in the brain-key can cause this. 

I'll PM you and we can figure out what is going on...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 11:10:01 am by jcalfee1 »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav