Author Topic: The BitShares Hosted Web Wallet is ready...  (Read 63512 times)

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
This is huge. We're a few baby steps away from making this highly accessible to users wanting a decentralized exchange.

To market this properly, we need to take extreme security measures, and strengthen the weakest links in security for this wallet.

- What would happen if bitshares.org's server got hacked?
- How do we know if this wallet is on a fork or not?

Also, metaexchange / shapeshift integration?

Offline spartako

• View Profile
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline leon

• View Profile
Sorry for a silly question ,so I'm not able to log in with the existing (registered) account into the web wallet?
Thanks  :)

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Brain wallets should be a feature in the QT wallet, and you should be able to log in to the web wallet with the same brain key.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
IE10 and below doesn't load the interface.. demo'd it to an ex microsoft software engineer on my team and it didn't load on first try, epic fail lol.. had to load up in chrome
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Riverhead

Where is the private key stored at ?

If the server is down and never go back up , can I still control my funds ? How ?
Private keys are in the browser encrypted by the password.  The keys can be re-generated from the code in https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-js ...  I'm thinking about the best way to make a off-line recovery tool, either in the Qt wallet or perhaps as a stand-alone.  So please stick to the small amount rule until we have a scalable plan B in place.

Isn't that what the brain key is for? What role does it play?

Also, this is EPIC. It's so smooth and fast. I can't wait until the markets work :) .

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Will we ever be able to use this without an account? Then we could share links with people to show how liquid our markets are:

i.e. it would be great if this link worked without making an account:
https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/market/BitUSD:BitBTC/testing123/buy

Offline vikram

Bam ... awesome thing
+5%

Edit: is 0.6.1 checking for public field to evaluate if titan tx should be sent? is there a documentation/discussion somewhere?

Yes, it will check the field for registered accounts. But there is still a bug where sending to unregistered accounts may still use TITAN--this will be fixed in 0.6.2.

Offline Pheonike

Excellent!  One step closer to mass adoption!

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline jamesc

If the server is down and never go back up , can I still control my funds ? How ?
Private keys are in the browser encrypted by the password.  The keys can be re-generated from the code in https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-js ...  I'm thinking about the best way to make a off-line recovery tool, either in the Qt wallet or perhaps as a stand-alone.  So please stick to the small amount rule until we have a scalable plan B in place.

UPDATE: I'm working on light-wallet compatible accounts
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 03:08:45 pm by jcalfee1 »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Wow pretty slick... was able to get up and going in 2 mins.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline wasthatawolf

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Bam ... awesome thing
+5%

Edit: is 0.6.1 checking for public field to evaluate if titan tx should be sent? is there a documentation/discussion somewhere?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 07:13:49 pm by xeroc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ »

Offline cn-members

• View Profile

BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.