Author Topic: Should Bytemaster's Hangouts Continue? (POLL)  (Read 8161 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Yes of course they should continue, but I have no problem with his appearance being shorter and where he has a pre-arranged plan of what to say and then just take a few questions.  There doesn't need to be a long drawn out consultation every week, but hearing an update from him is good. 

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 10:20:30 pm by matt608 »

julian1

Yes absolutely. Bitshares is already losing developer mindshare when compared with projects like ethereum. The most recent mumble session where BM discussed scripting was especially interesting and relevant.

Offline davidpbrown

I don't know why they should not continue. Surely the benefits far outweigh any downside.

BitShares, like all other Blockchain offerings, will succeed or fail relative to its utility; developers; community. Those are not distinct from one another. The community takes confidence from the competence of the developers. That raw talent, is not something that can be communicated through intermediaries; any PR dulls the message.

If you are going to attract new talent and real savvy investors, who in turn will amplify the message, then you need to provide sight of what they are signing up to. If you only provide sight of the community and utility, allowing vague allusions and speculation on reality, rather than giving sight of the nuanced way that the devs are thinking, then you substantially weaken the attraction.

BitShares at its root should be about what makes Blockchain technology's potential - devolved power driven by real talent. Without open discussion about what is best, users are not encouraged to think about what is best and why they are committed to BitShares over an alternate that does hide its developers behind good PR.

If the users are truely in control and if BitShares is to be distributed, then you need to respect those users and provide them clear sight of the state of play; both so that they can understand and learn from that and so they might contribute.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Said this in the other thread, but here is my reason:

Bytemaster's weekly hangouts is one of the things that sets this project apart in terms of transparency. I hope they will continue at least until we are clear of these early stages and we have a healthy base of users on the exchange.

Is there any reason for them not to continue? Has the PR manager made a ruling?

Offline fuzzy

Please vote above and give reasons why/why not below. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D