Author Topic: Can I get an acccount name re-registered to my wallet?  (Read 3226 times)

Offline vikram

Is the "active key not being regenerated" problem fixed in 0.8.1, or will I have to wait for BTS 0.9.0 to finally release? I've still been unable to regain access to my funds since this issue started.

I think the issue I'm having is https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1413 which is shown as closed, but I don't think it's been implemented in 0.8.1 yet...

Will be fixed in 0.9.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Is the "active key not being regenerated" problem fixed in 0.8.1, or will I have to wait for BTS 0.9.0 to finally release? I've still been unable to regain access to my funds since this issue started.

I think the issue I'm having is https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1413 which is shown as closed, but I don't think it's been implemented in 0.8.1 yet...

Offline vikram

Heads up it's possible you might run into the problem discovered in this thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14607.msg189900#msg189900 but it will be fixed in the next version.

Alright, I've successfully re-associated the second account to my wallet. However, the second account shows that it has no funds. I'm not sure if this is the problem you're describing or not Vikram; the thread you linked shows as "missing or off limits" to me.

I also tried the "wallet_recover_transaction" command described in the wiki to recover the transactions that still say they were sent to "unknown", but it doesn't look like "wallet_recover_transaction" is an available command?

Looks like the OP deleted that thread for some reason. But based on your description I think you are probably running into the same problem--your owner key must have been regenerated okay but not your active key.

I can't think of an easy way to recover the active key with the current version, but I will fix wallet_regenerate_keys for the next release and then you should be able to recover your active key and access the funds.

Is this issue solved? seems still not work with version 0.7

0.7 ended up being an emergency release with only a few essential fixes--the above fix should be in 0.8 now.

Offline lastagile

• View Profile
Heads up it's possible you might run into the problem discovered in this thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14607.msg189900#msg189900 but it will be fixed in the next version.

Alright, I've successfully re-associated the second account to my wallet. However, the second account shows that it has no funds. I'm not sure if this is the problem you're describing or not Vikram; the thread you linked shows as "missing or off limits" to me.

I also tried the "wallet_recover_transaction" command described in the wiki to recover the transactions that still say they were sent to "unknown", but it doesn't look like "wallet_recover_transaction" is an available command?

Looks like the OP deleted that thread for some reason. But based on your description I think you are probably running into the same problem--your owner key must have been regenerated okay but not your active key.

I can't think of an easy way to recover the active key with the current version, but I will fix wallet_regenerate_keys for the next release and then you should be able to recover your active key and access the funds.

Is this issue solved? seems still not work with version 0.7

Offline vikram

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:15:30 pm by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline vikram

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Xeroc, you're the best man! I thought for sure I would never see those funds again...phew

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
Xeroc, you're the best man! I thought for sure I would never see those funds again...phew

I'm at work right now, but I'll try going through the website you linked when I get home later. I'll post here if anything comes up.

Thanks!!

+5%
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:17:59 pm by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/RecoveringFunds

you created your account within the same wallet you have a backup of? if so you are all fine .. the account can be recovered as well as the keys for your funds .. read the above link .. if you run into trouble just drop a line here

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
I'm hoping I didn't do something stupid here. I created a new account and registered it on the blockchain, then sent a good chunk of BTS to it. The new account in the wallet received it just fine. But then my computer crapped out and I had to reinstall Windows. My latest wallet backup was from about a week before I created the new account though, so when I reimported my wallet, it doesn't show the new account name registered to me and it shows that I sent my BTS to "UNKNOWN".

Is there any way to get the new account re-associated to myself?

I can see in my transaction history when I registered the account on the blockchain for the "unknown" account for 0.1 BTS, under details it says "Register account name: [name of my account]", so it at least has some record of me making the new account. But how can I get it to show up in my accounts list?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:17:44 pm by nomoreheroes7 »