Author Topic: Do you have a Bitcoin/BitShares Meetup in your community?  (Read 2691 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Hello, bitsharestalk! My name is Adam, and I'm also very excited about the possibilities that BitShares & crypto can bring. I'm going to be working with robrigo to spread the good word down here in Detroit via the meetup and other efforts.

Right now, it's all about building a tri-fold to promote Bitshares, crypto, and the meet. We're hoping to attract a few enthusiastic heads and figure out where we could go from there. We want to promote the tech to local businesses, artists, investors, etc. Can't wait to share the forthcoming BitAsset-capable mobile wallets.

Let's go!
Sounds great and like a plan! :) Welcome!

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline thread

• View Profile
Hello, bitsharestalk! My name is Adam, and I'm also very excited about the possibilities that BitShares & crypto can bring. I'm going to be working with robrigo to spread the good word down here in Detroit via the meetup and other efforts.

Right now, it's all about building a tri-fold to promote Bitshares, crypto, and the meet. We're hoping to attract a few enthusiastic heads and figure out where we could go from there. We want to promote the tech to local businesses, artists, investors, etc. Can't wait to share the forthcoming BitAsset-capable mobile wallets.

Let's go!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline roadscape

I am workging on papersharedrops with nicely looking bitUSD bills .. we can preload them with 1bitUSD and put a link to bitShares101 on cryptofresh so they can use it to directly buy the book :)
just waiting for the mobile wallet to be released with the required features ..

Very excited to use this at meetups.  +5% +5%

We will refund 100% of book sales* if you put your account name in the referer field:

cryptofresh.com/products/8?r=xeroc

*English only, unless we check w/ the other authors!
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I am workging on papersharedrops with nicely looking bitUSD bills .. we can preload them with 1bitUSD and put a link to bitShares101 on cryptofresh so they can use it to directly buy the book :)
just waiting for the mobile wallet to be released with the required features ..

Offline kaibakker

I am going to give a talk next week in Amsterdam at an Ethereum meetup. I think these are the small efforts that could have impact that every community member should try to do.

Offline robrigo

Social advertising would be much appreciated RG! The first meet is in 6 days.

http://www.meetup.com/bitshares-worldwide/

I'd rather go to established Bitcoin meetups .. but that has the particular reason that where I live, even in the bitcoin meetups there are <10 people ..

From my experience there aren't many people attending the Bitcoin meetup in Detroit either. I think the most I saw was 4. I started one to focus on 2.0 technologies (namely bitshares) for a few reasons:

1) To make the meetup content accessible and draw in non technical early adopters that are interested in startup opportunities, crowdfunding, social activism, and merchant integration with BitShares platform.

2) Didn't want to co-opt the Bitcoin meetup as a newer member by focusing on non-Bitcoin content.

3) Wanted to make it Bitshares centric for marketing purposes, while also fostering non-maximalist attitudes. These technologies are tools, not tribes.

I am aiming to find people in the area that want to actively pursue cryptocurrency adoption in Detroit by pitching businesses, working on software, education materials, and the like. My intention is to have an "action oriented" meetup where we focus on what we can do in the local community to take action and bring about change.

You have a good point. How about "meetups" in Universities? This way, you can piggy back on the already existing traffic of young and "open minded" early adopters.

Universities are a prime location to find people with time and interest. I'm near Wayne State now and have been meeting some students there. Another friend that I haven't talked with in a while expressed interest in starting a cryptocurrency club at Kettering University as well, which I think could be pretty effective. The college demographic should definitely be pursued further.

I agree with Xeroc, we need to craft the message! I like where bitscape and roadscape are going with the "DAC Society" concept as well. A platform of leaders.

Feedback and additions on this brochure are welcome- currently its a work in progress. I'm working with thread to finish this today so we can print and drop them off at the cafe where the meetup is and wherever else we can find.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
we should (finally) collected ideas for flyers/handouts or so ..

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

I'd rather go to established Bitcoin meetups .. but that has the particular reason that where I live, even in the bitcoin meetups there are <10 people ..

From my experience there aren't many people attending the Bitcoin meetup in Detroit either. I think the most I saw was 4. I started one to focus on 2.0 technologies (namely bitshares) for a few reasons:

1) To make the meetup content accessible and draw in non technical early adopters that are interested in startup opportunities, crowdfunding, social activism, and merchant integration with BitShares platform.

2) Didn't want to co-opt the Bitcoin meetup as a newer member by focusing on non-Bitcoin content.

3) Wanted to make it Bitshares centric for marketing purposes, while also fostering non-maximalist attitudes. These technologies are tools, not tribes.

I am aiming to find people in the area that want to actively pursue cryptocurrency adoption in Detroit by pitching businesses, working on software, education materials, and the like. My intention is to have an "action oriented" meetup where we focus on what we can do in the local community to take action and bring about change.

You have a good point. How about "meetups" in Universities? This way, you can piggy back on the already existing traffic of young and "open minded" early adopters.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

If you have a well established meetup, it could be a great way to bring new people on board by giving away paper wallet with 1 bitusd on it for example. I don't mind helping out to bring more people to those meetups if you are there.

Offline robrigo

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
I have delegate funds to promote Meetups via Facebook and other media such as radio(universities), flyers, etc.

I would like to see meetups mushroom all over the world and having an entire arm of marketing dedicated to fill those meetings.
But first, we have to start grassroot.

Do you plan on organizing a BitShares Meetup or joining the local Bitcoin Meetup to share BitShares Decentralized Exchange?

Let's do this everyone!