Author Topic: [ANN] Cryptohedge brings bitUSD to Metaexchange!  (Read 5108 times)

Offline monsterer

I think the primary problem with a locked in exchange rate would be an increased spread for those types of transaction - in order to account for potential price volatility risk.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline Riverhead

Thanks tonyk2.

For the BTC <-> bitUSD pair I have the price feed update the price every ten seconds. However it does not take into account the extreme volatility of BTC and it's very slow transaction time. I'll discuss this with the others how the mechanics of a locked in rate would work. bitUSD -> BTC isn't as exposed to this, as you mentioned, due to the fast transaction times.

zerosum

This is a great service.

Unfortunately in this bridge scenario (as opposed to the centralized exchange bot you used to / will run), the customer is seeing an exchange rate on the metaexchange site and expecting the same exchange rate for the actual transaction . But I am pretty certain  that you do not promise to send her/him what she sees on the page...unfortunately you will just send her whatever your exchange rate will be at the time  the transaction is confirmed (finalized).

The problem is more obvious with exchange in the BTC -> bitUSD direction, where his BTC transfer can take an hour (or 3 hours)...

[edit]
The problem is obvious enough but here is a scenario: 1.Customer sees the exchange rate. 2.Customer sends BTC 3.While the transaction is unconfirmed you change the exchange rate getting a 1-3-5% better deal 4.You change the exchange rate back to 'fair'.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 03:48:29 am by tonyk2 »

Offline Riverhead

very good news ,  +5%
how about bitusd/usd,

There are others working on that too. Going to fiat though is a whole new ballgame.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
very good news ,  +5%
how about bitusd/usd,
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I would just thanks Rune, Riverhead and all Cryptohedge Staff for the chance to work together.

We are looking forward to make it much easier and cheaper for the community to get in and out of BitShares Assets.

Offline monsterer

Cool to see this progress!

One question: Would it be possible to also allow plain public keys as receiving addresses on the Bitshare side and not only Bitshare account names?

Yes, this should be possible - thanks for the suggestion :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline Rune

• View Profile
This is awesome, I like the easy to see spreads too!
Do you know when Bitgold will be included?
I know cryptohedge were working on providing liquidity for that but did take a hit with Bter getting hacked.

We will not be able to add bitgold until the bter situation is resolved. But once that's done (assuming we get altcoins back) we probably can get it up and running quickly.

Offline jav

• View Profile
Cool to see this progress!

One question: Would it be possible to also allow plain public keys as receiving addresses on the Bitshare side and not only Bitshare account names?

I know the faucet exists to register accounts for free, but I personally would rather pay half a cent than authenticate with a social network account, even if the faucet "promises" to not record any link.

I also think it would streamline a possible HedgeWallet (aka Bitcoin in, Bitcoin out, funds in BitUSD): The app can start up and generate itself a Bitshares public key, then get a Bitcoin deposit address from Metaexchange and display that immediately. Incoming Bitcoin funds are exchanged for bitUSD and from the first incoming funds 0.5 BTS are bought to register an account. No need to interact with the faucet and the user is paying exchange fees anyway, so I think it's fine to tag on an additional tiny one-time fee. The user needs to be made aware of that beforehand, of course, but I think it's preferable over sending them to a faucet.

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
This is awesome, I like the easy to see spreads too!
Do you know when Bitgold will be included?
I know cryptohedge were working on providing liquidity for that but did take a hit with Bter getting hacked.

Offline monsterer

Might I suggest the underscores on the trading pairs are replace by "/", that's how all the other exchanges do it.

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll consider it :)
+5%
Yeah, because I thought it's a new UIA, bitBTC_BTC
Also, why not just all start with BTC so it not confusing.
BTC/bitBTC
BTC/bitUSD
BTC/BTS

Traditionally, in forex and other markets, symbol pairs are named like this:

BASE / QUOTE

So for us QUOTE is always BTC because that's the currency we accept for buying... Except in the special case of bitUSD because traders are more familiar with seeing prices listed in USD - so this is a flipped market.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline joele

• View Profile
Might I suggest the underscores on the trading pairs are replace by "/", that's how all the other exchanges do it.

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll consider it :)
+5%
Yeah, because I thought it's a new UIA, bitBTC_BTC
Also, why not just all start with BTC so it not confusing.
BTC/bitBTC
BTC/bitUSD
BTC/BTS
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 03:51:04 am by joele »