Author Topic: How can people argue about crypto's dark side  (Read 2145 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Honestly I don't even like talking about cryptos unless I figure someone to be more than a bit above average IQ.  It is too sci-fi for your average person to grok and on top of it most are biased towards trusting Fiat because it is all they've known.  Crypto will gain share through younger people who are more open and thought leaders.

I find that even in my engineering department with so called smart people.. the ex msft employee seems keenly interested the rest dont care to understand it and one calls it a ponzi without undertanding.. to me it signals low iq or just too old and over the hump... I find those that have traded in markets realize how bad it is or those close to the financial world somehow..

The software manager labelled it a experiment that will fail ultimatily before it becomes successful.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 04:55:55 am by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Honestly I don't even like talking about cryptos unless I figure someone to be more than a bit above average IQ.  It is too sci-fi for your average person to grok and on top of it most are biased towards trusting Fiat because it is all they've known.  Crypto will gain share through younger people who are more open and thought leaders.
I speak for myself and only myself.

38PTSWarrior

From the hundreds of people I talk to there are some who look at me and say Good luck. But they say it in a bad way. Intimidating. They must be satanists maybe. In Stuttgart I had people coming close to me, 3-5 meters, who listened, but I could see they are working lol. First they will laugh at you, then fight you and then you win. There are really a lot of people out there who have a big wish to get this system down as soon as possible and with bitshares there is suddendly a way.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
This is why john nash says the ideal money currency may not work (bitcoin was designed as ideal currency) because of the avoidance of change too quick. He said as of
now fiat is ok because it acts as am asymptotically ideal currency where it becomes ideal overtime with the interest rate targeting via central bank policies. However i dont think it will work something like bitshares allows people use an ideal currency(bitshares) without much change (bitassets).. once network effect is achieved fiat can be relieved.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
people don't like new things, it makes them have to change, and change is uncertain - i.e. laziness (avoid change) and anxiety (avoid uncertainty)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
We have been seen many articles talking about the dark side of cryptos, from being used on darkmarkets to funding of terrorists. However, how can people even talk about that when things like this happen right in front of their noses

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-07-02/hsbc-judge-approves-1-9b-drug-money-laundering-accord

Everything has a good and a bad side, however, before even solving the problems within the current system - thing cryptos are trying to do - they come out blasting, arguing cryptos are a bad thing. All of this while it has been more than proven that the current system is corrupt, that the ones in power are corrupt
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads