Author Topic: patch update. Is it real?  (Read 2211 times)

Offline valzav

• View Profile

If it is because I have been there before can you tell me (perhaps via pm) how to reset that.  I intend to make several getting started videos and need to repeat that process.

I don't think this is because you've been there. Very strange issue - I'm looking into this.
By a chance, do you have any ad block installed?

That was it. Good thinking. I disabled adblocker plus and the site appeared as it should.  That is a popular piece of software though.  IS there something you can do?

I have adblock plus and it doesn't block anything on the faucet.
Not sure we can do anything about adblocker.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV

If it is because I have been there before can you tell me (perhaps via pm) how to reset that.  I intend to make several getting started videos and need to repeat that process.

I don't think this is because you've been there. Very strange issue - I'm looking into this.

That was it. Good thinking. I disabled adblocker plus and the site appeared as it should.  That is a popular piece of software though.  IS there something you can do?
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline valzav

• View Profile

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:36:07 pm by valzav »

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
1. So I downloaded the latest bitshares client direct from github and as soon as I downloaded it and went to log in it said there was a patch I needed to download.  Is this a legit patch?  I would normally have trusted an internal client message but I was just playing with the webwallet and started to doubt it.

As long as you downloaded the official 0.6.2 client it's a legit GUI patch.

Thank you Vikram.   

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
2. When I go to the faucet page in any browser, I do not see the buttons to register (eg: facebook, reddit, etc)  I have seen the problem before in Firefox and switching to chrome solved my problems.   Now I get the same problem in all browsers.

Did you go to the faucet directly or from the wallet?
Probably you've already used to the faucet to register another account, in this case it should show you a warning - "you are running out of your free account registrations"
Thanks.

I have used the faucet before and thought that perhaps that was the issue.  I deleted the faucet cookie and still had no joy...

Here is what I get as soon as I click on faucet in the webclient

Offline valzav

• View Profile
2. When I go to the faucet page in any browser, I do not see the buttons to register (eg: facebook, reddit, etc)  I have seen the problem before in Firefox and switching to chrome solved my problems.   Now I get the same problem in all browsers.

Did you go to the faucet directly or from the wallet?
Probably you've already used to the faucet to register another account, in this case it should show you a warning - "you are running out of your free account registrations"

Offline vikram

1. So I downloaded the latest bitshares client direct from github and as soon as I downloaded it and went to log in it said there was a patch I needed to download.  Is this a legit patch?  I would normally have trusted an internal client message but I was just playing with the webwallet and started to doubt it.

As long as you downloaded the official 0.6.2 client it's a legit GUI patch.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV

3. Do you have a link instructions on how to set up an offline paper wallet?

Thank you.