Author Topic: Options Trading w/Bitshares; Calls, Puts.. Derivatives & Debt mkt  (Read 2376 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I dont see why not we already have a concept of margin... We can use bts as the backbone for margin and allow options 100:1 i think its just new transaction types and building it i to the trading engine

ok, so that feature is not built yet. do we need to somehow put this up for a vote with the Delegates, or get more people hired to build it?
Please submit that request, however that works here in the BTS world, thank you! :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I dont see why not we already have a concept of margin... We can use bts as the backbone for margin and allow options 100:1 i think its just new transaction types and building it i to the trading engine
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline monsterer

What do you mean?  Manipulation should carry with it the real level of risk of having to really invest.  Right?

Manipulation can take many forms, the most popular ones are the fake support and resistance walls. A whale inserts a huge wall designed to push the price in his favoured direction, waits for it to get there, then removes the wall and performs the opposite order type, thereby getting a better price than he would have.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
HFT = rigged.
JPM and Goldman sit right on the backbone (tons of infrastructure diagrams on this), trade each other up on both sides, create the false volume and wipe out the last of the suckers that led up through 2007.

Anyway, back to my original point..
Can the Bitshares client facilitate this level of trading/charting/predictions yet, and if not, is it in the works, by whom, expected release, etc?

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fuzzy

Technical Analysis in a rigged market is useless (Wall Street).

I would say crypto markets are even more 'rigged' than regulated markets, because there are no laws here about market manipulation, so it is *rampant*.

What do you mean?  Manipulation should carry with it the real level of risk of having to really invest.  Right?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline monsterer

I would say crypto markets are even more 'rigged' than regulated markets, because there are no laws here about market manipulation, so it is *rampant*.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

Now, with Bitshares, I see opportunity to use real Technical Analysis to hedge, speculate and make money whether cryptos are going up, or down, AND not have to worry so much about my Analysis being worthless (since they can HFT the market any which way they want grrrrr).

The wiki is lacking this info (it still says Bitshares X and PTS too) and appears out of date: http://wiki.bitshares.org

Anyway...
Can the Bitshares client facilitate this level of trading/charting/predictions yet, and if not, is it in the works, by whom, expected release, etc?
www.PalmPay.chat