Author Topic: Sold all of my Bitshares  (Read 9663 times)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

http://www.reddit.com/r/counterparty_xcp/comments/2y0apx/contract_news/

I hope Vitalik and Daniel keep up their talks, they have such complementary natures.

Yup, still waiting on that merged super-duper-multi-humungous-awesome-earth-shattering EtherShares DAC.

THEN -- moon.

:D

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I am still investing, just not in bitshares, at least not now.

Yes, these things do take time and I do have patience. I waited over a year. They also cannot move too slowly because innovation happens fast in the tech world. Bitshares is going too slow, has changed direction too many times, and has STILL not figured out the right direction.

Teenage cheese is aged cheese, it is mature, that is the point of name.

What do you think of Ethereum?
http://www.reddit.com/r/counterparty_xcp/comments/2y0apx/contract_news/

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I am still investing, just not in bitshares, at least not now.

Yes, these things do take time and I do have patience. I waited over a year. They also cannot move too slowly because innovation happens fast in the tech world. Bitshares is going too slow, has changed direction too many times, and has STILL not figured out the right direction.

Teenage cheese is aged cheese, it is mature, that is the point of name.

What do you think of Ethereum?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

There for sure is a balance / trade off between voting/forging participation and decentralization in any POS system.

As you lose decentralization, you diminish the value proposition of the Bitshares network.

That depends on whether or not the network already has too much decentralization.     I would argue the network has significant value even if it is completely centralized in the hands of a single delegate. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the value in using a single delegate Bitshares system over something like Ripple or a centralized exchange?

big exchanges of BTS are centralized . like BTC38 .
they hold tons of BTS .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline wasthatawolf

There for sure is a balance / trade off between voting/forging participation and decentralization in any POS system.

As you lose decentralization, you diminish the value proposition of the Bitshares network.

That depends on whether or not the network already has too much decentralization.     I would argue the network has significant value even if it is completely centralized in the hands of a single delegate. 

What's the value in using a single delegate Bitshares system over something like Ripple or a centralized exchange?

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile

Offline wasthatawolf

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
It has become obvious through the recent happenings on these forums that a large bulk of Bitshares in circulation are held by a somewhat small group of investors who have successfully gagged the developers ...

No investor like a coin that is controlled by a small group of people. The fact has to be verified. If this is true, there needs to be transparency on when this control is over.

I believe it actually the opposite and investors love when whales take positions. Look at how stocks react when Icahn or other big hedge funds take a large position.  Most rocket up when the reports come out.  Most investors feel comfort when they follow a whale
All moralizing judgments aside (economics and psychology of envy) having large stakeholders is good for a DPOS system because the higher the stake the more motivated the parties are to vote and the more secure and competitive is the network/blockchain.
So be happy about the few that take the risk and put in the work.

It's the same for (NXT like) POS but there it would additionally be beneficial / necessary if the large stakeholders had all (roughly) the same stake size so not only one / the biggest stakeholders would produce blocks.

Not sure I follow your logic.  If security becomes greater the larger the stakeholder, inevitably, this would mean the most secure DPOS system is where a single stakeholder owns most if not all Bitshares.  The super stakeholder would then be the most motivated party to vote to keep control of the network.

Offline wasthatawolf

It has become obvious through the recent happenings on these forums that a large bulk of Bitshares in circulation are held by a somewhat small group of investors who have successfully gagged the developers ...

No investor like a coin that is controlled by a small group of people. The fact has to be verified. If this is true, there needs to be transparency on when this control is over.

I believe it actually the opposite and investors love when whales take positions. Look at how stocks react when Icahn or other big hedge funds take a large position.  Most rocket up when the reports come out.  Most investors feel comfort when they follow a whale
All moralizing judgments aside (economics and psychology of envy) having large stakeholders is good for a DPOS system because the higher the stake the more motivated the parties are to vote and the more secure and competitive is the network/blockchain.

It's the same for (NXT like) POS but there it would additionally be beneficial / necessary if the large stakeholders had all (roughly) the same stake size so not only one / the biggest stakeholders would produce blocks.

Not sure I follow your logic.  If security becomes greater the larger the stakeholder, inevitably, this would mean the most secure DPOS system is where a single stakeholder owns most if not all Bitshares.  The super stakeholder would then be the most motivated party to vote to keep control of the network.

TurkeyLeg

teenagecheese, I suppose the virtue of patience comes with age. When you become agedcheddar, you will look back on this day wondering what it would have been like if you had done things differently.

I hope you all the best in your future endeavors.

HAHA!

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 05:41:50 pm by delulo »

Offline Bitecoin

• View Profile
    • Bitfinex Referral Code
Only time will tell, whether he made the right decision :D
and time is on our side
Save 10% on your trading fees with my http://www.bitfinex-referral-code.com/ : dCDa7Rr36g

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile