Author Topic: missing transactions and wrong balance  (Read 2183 times)

Offline monsterer

After scanning all the blockchain I found my missing balances!! :) :) :)

Glad you got it all sorted :)
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
After scanning all the blockchain I found my missing balances!! :) :) :)

chryspano

I'm not sure what's going on here. Have you tried regenerating keys then a rescan ?

How do I regenerate keys and what does that mean? Sorry for the silly question..

I believe its this...http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Best_Practices/RecoverFunds don't forget to take some backups before you start.
It's the "Regenerate account transaction keys" part.

It can take quite some time

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I'm not sure what's going on here. Have you tried regenerating keys then a rescan ?

How do I regenerate keys and what does that mean? Sorry for the silly question..

Offline vikram

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I did that and nothing changed. In the mean time I have sent from an exchange some BTS to my wallet and the transaction appears correctly but I think there is something wrong here....

According to my excel records I should have B1 amount of BTS (let's assume that I made a mistake although I doubt since 1 day ago my balance was different)

When I type wallet account transaction history of the account I can see all the transactions and my balance is B2=B1-X
When I type wallet account balance I see a balance of B3=B2-X/2 which is the same balance appearing in the main page which is kind of spooky..

This means that between my orginal balance of B1 and B3 I have a discrepancy of 1.5X which is magically disappeared.

This looks quite strange so please someone advise what I should do in order to resolve this issue and identify what could have been wrong..

My wallet before it opens has a message that something might have gone wrong and send a report. I usually don't send these reports since I don't know what information is exposed. Can someone advise if I send the report would that help? What data is collected from such reports?

Thanks  :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 09:59:15 pm by mf-tzo »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
the console output is the important one .. I wonder though, how the GUI can mess this up ..
have you tried right click -> refresh?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Hi,

My balance since yesterday appears reduced for no reason (haven't done any trading or something like that). Also when checking my balance via the main menu from dashboard and checking the balance via the console from the transaction history they ending balances are different (both of them appear reduced since yesterday)

I am currently doing a rescan transaction history but it appears that this will take ages... Any idea or something I can do?

Thanks