Author Topic: Creating new pegged asset via console  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
so i tried it and get this back

>> wallet_asset_create TESTME Test metaexchange Litecoin 10000000 10 0 true

TIMESTAMP           BLOCK     FROM                TO                  AMOUNT                  MEMO                                        FEE                 ID     
======================================================================================================================================================================
2015-03-08T18:16:12 PENDING   metaexchange        metaexchange        0.00000 BTS             create TESTME (Test)                        500.10000 BTS       b6edb9a1

but it looks to me, i can't place orders on the internal asset exchange

update:
needed new start and now TESTME is showing, but i would now needs feeds. So it looks it is function. Only question right now would be how we could issue bitDOGE, bitLTC etc.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 06:29:41 pm by Shentist »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I propose you compile a list of altcoins worth being added to bts as MPAs and publish a proposal for a delegate .. 0%pay .. if shareholders approve .. the delegate will have votes ..

Thinking about it .. we should have individual delegates for each altcoin and tell their communities about it ..
Marketing this would be the same as im cryptsy .. you have a list of coins in a voting table and you can cast your vote's accordimg to your stake .. though you keep(!!!!!) your money

I like that idea .. let's do this ..

@toast @bytemaster @ALL
how many votes would a proposal-delegate need to be seen as a '"consenaus" and find approval by the devs so we can have the proposed coins added in the dex?

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
you mean to create a delegate "add bitDogecoin" as a 0% Delegate and if he gets elected the devs should integrate with a hardfork?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
@vikram

so the pegged assets will cost 500k? Doesn't matter how long the name is?

How could we get Doge and LTC into the market?
Cheapest way would be to seek for shareholder consensus (atm via voting for a pseudo 0%-delegate) about a set of MGA for altcoins and let the devs harfork them into BTS ...

In a few months we will have the opportunity to directly vote for hard forks .. that will make things easier ..

Lets try tge 0% payrate delegate approch and and retire it once you are in top101 .. (i.e. after the first created/missed block)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
@vikram

so the pegged assets will cost 500k? Doesn't matter how long the name is?

How could we get Doge and LTC into the market?

Offline vikram

However, I am not sure if market pegged assets can be created with less then 500k BTS .. hence you better wait for the devs to implement a manual verification step for those types of transactions
@vikram

I have to double check the fee handling but I think you are right--please be very careful when creating assets!

It occurs to me that some of the arguments (like issuer and max supply) don't make sense for a market asset; I will make a separate command to create them: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1425

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I tried to create a new pegged asset but i didn't succeded. So could some devs or someone who already succeded post an example pls?

wallet_asset_create <symbol> <asset_name> <issuer_name> <description> <maximum_share_supply> <precision> [public_data] [is_market_issued]   Creates a new user issued asset
Creates a new user issued asset

Parameters:
  symbol (asset_symbol, required): the ticker symbol for the new asset
  asset_name (string, required): the name of the asset
  issuer_name (string, required): the name of the issuer of the asset
  description (string, required): a description of the asset
  maximum_share_supply (real_amount, required): the maximum number of shares of the asset
  precision (uint64_t, required): defines where the decimal should be displayed, must be a power of 10
  public_data (json_variant, optional, defaults to null): arbitrary data attached to the asset
  is_market_issued (bool, optional, defaults to false): creation of a new BitAsset that is created by shorting

wallet_asset_create MYSYMBOL mysymbol <issuer_name> <description> <maximum_share_supply> <precision> [public_data] [is_market_issued] ?

What's the error you  get?
There are limitations as to how freely you can choose precision and maximum_share_supply
public data should be "{}"
is_market_issued should be true or 1

However, I am not sure if market pegged assets can be created with less then 500k BTS .. hence you better wait for the devs to implement a manual verification step for those types of transactions
@vikram

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
I tried to create a new pegged asset but i didn't succeded. So could some devs or someone who already succeded post an example pls?

wallet_asset_create <symbol> <asset_name> <issuer_name> <description> <maximum_share_supply> <precision> [public_data] [is_market_issued]   Creates a new user issued asset
Creates a new user issued asset

Parameters:
  symbol (asset_symbol, required): the ticker symbol for the new asset
  asset_name (string, required): the name of the asset
  issuer_name (string, required): the name of the issuer of the asset
  description (string, required): a description of the asset
  maximum_share_supply (real_amount, required): the maximum number of shares of the asset
  precision (uint64_t, required): defines where the decimal should be displayed, must be a power of 10
  public_data (json_variant, optional, defaults to null): arbitrary data attached to the asset
  is_market_issued (bool, optional, defaults to false): creation of a new BitAsset that is created by shorting

wallet_asset_create MYSYMBOL mysymbol <issuer_name> <description> <maximum_share_supply> <precision> [public_data] [is_market_issued] ?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 07:00:44 am by Shentist »