Author Topic: Know your audience..  (Read 913 times)

Offline davidpbrown

This was just on reddit: When designing Bitcoin products, we should always keep in mind that the VAST majority of people are like this. Despite that being from 2009, it's a good reminder that most people's interest is never going to be BitShares but that they still might use it.

The products that do win will likely not be those that are pure perfect outputs but functional in a simple way - dare I say like AOL was.. browser for noobs comes first?

So, is BitShares simple enough?.. Can it be made easier to use.. ABC rather than XYZ. BitShares potential users are perhaps one step beyond the public but going mainstream, is not the same as designing a perfect product that is functional. What we have now I feel is more functional that fool proof. Perhaps rather than focusing on marketing in the PR sense, there can be more efforts put to ensuring that people who's main interest is not BitShares, can still use it without having to commit time to understanding the product first.

A problem that has me recall that Ubuntu declared bug #1 -- 'Microsoft has a majority market share'. BitShares bug #1 undefined atm??

The other aspect that prompts this, is that if your are good at sales and say get 10% of those you market to, then the marketing that reaches out beyond the 10% IT literate, might do well.

8)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 03:39:38 pm by davidpbrown »
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc