Author Topic: Major factor for the BTS price now and in the future [my take]  (Read 7776 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
To clarify, I do remember the shorting issue and thought it made it into one of the recent releases ..

Also I'd like to remark that even even though BitShares takes almost 100% of my spare time, it has gotten very difficult to follow every discussion AND contribute where possible ..

IMHO, things are moving forward alot faster than 9 months ago .. the baby is maturing as is the community ..
+5%!

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

edit :
by the way , this is the 15 time in 10 minute that I click this post to see who has replied ..... so you can see how addictive this forum stuff is ....
I want to leave and do some more important things , but I just couldn't resist going back , because I feel like I'm in a conversation while it's not .
help me , please  :-X

Truer words...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Forums are addicting.  I suspect leaving the forums is as hard for the devs as it is for those who want to interact with them. 

I think if anyone wants to report actual development issues still will be addressed .
Try write more suggestions of improving the wallet , you'll see .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
Forums are addicting.  I suspect leaving the forums is as hard for the devs as it is for those who want to interact with them. 

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I am fairly new here, from my (rather limited) perspective it went a bit downhill with the whole PR blunder and dev silence on the forums.

How can that be a good thing? IMO there needs to exist some back and forth between users and developers, otherwise it seems to me that the devs live in their nice cathedral in the clouds away from the userbase, and the users don't know very well what the devs are up to and even if the users' opinions matter at all.

+1000%

The only evidence we have at the moment that anything is being done is the github logs.

I remember getting into debates on reddit about how the BitShares developers are really transparent because theyre always on the forums answering questions. This is no longer the case.

we have another debate and that was how do they find the time to be always on the forum and answer questions one by one and still working on coding ?
Because I tried , if I follow the same pace , I couldn't do anything else for that day .
Answer question according to the devs own time table is good ( like see a question , answer in 2-3 days ), always on forum and always quickly answer question is a little scary .

Those times could have better spent , like answer questions for all of the users by providing a extensive help file , which is still lack of at this moment .

I saw Xeroc didn't even know about a serious manual short cover bug from 1 months ago (which is shock to me because if guys like him didn't know then what about the users ) , which is weird because that bug was asked and answered on the forum multiple times as I recall , but it seems that those time spent have already been forgotten . Only guys like me can remember because I spent tons of time on the forum . The bug seems to be fixed on Github .

By the way ... the devs has been answering questions these days ..... you just didn't notice because the frequency is reduced , and some of them you don't know they're "core dev" . And from the "closed issues" in Github you can see their development speed has been increased .

I want to use Stan's "Iceberg" metaphor , even when you don't see the devs telling you they're doing things , they're actually doing more things ....

edit :
by the way , this is the 15 time in 10 minute that I click this post to see who has replied ..... so you can see how addictive this forum stuff is ....
I want to leave and do some more important things , but I just couldn't resist going back , because I feel like I'm in a conversation while it's not .
help me , please  :-X
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 01:44:37 pm by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I am fairly new here, from my (rather limited) perspective it went a bit downhill with the whole PR blunder and dev silence on the forums.

How can that be a good thing? IMO there needs to exist some back and forth between users and developers, otherwise it seems to me that the devs live in their nice cathedral in the clouds away from the userbase, and the users don't know very well what the devs are up to and even if the users' opinions matter at all.

+1000%

The only evidence we have at the moment that anything is being done is the github logs.

I remember getting into debates on reddit about how the BitShares developers are really transparent because theyre always on the forums answering questions. This is no longer the case.

Offline bitshare007777

• View Profile

What we should do is just tools. People will use it to develop the ecosystem.
We need to concentrate on the key tools: wallets, gateways, decentralized exchange.

Price of bts is not undervalued, it is the right place it is worth now after considering the tools now and future potential.
+5%

Offline Riverhead

I just found BitShares a little while ago and have been skimming through the forum to learn more. It seems that BitShares is really something totally new that nobody else has done before, so only way to go forward is through trial and error. It is always easy to say afterwards that "we should have done things differently" but at the time of making those decisions, it's impossible to know what is the optimal way.

I'm actually quite impressed how well the developers have handled difficult decisions. Of course it will always give some distress to investors when plans are changed on the fly, but in the long run it is propably the only way to make sure that the end product will be great.

Welcome! In my humble opinion you nailed it.

+5%

Offline karnal

• View Profile

It seems unecessarily elitist to me that the developers no longer seem to post on the forums. This is a time where we all need to push together (discuss, brainstorm, develop the ecosystem, etc), not get divided in two camps.. the nobility and the lowly peasants.

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
What we should do is just tools. People will use it to develop the ecosystem.
We need to concentrate on the key tools: wallets, gateways, decentralized exchange.

Price of bts is not undervalued, it is the right place it is worth now after considering the tools now and future potential.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 06:09:55 am by xiahui135 »

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
I just found BitShares a little while ago and have been skimming through the forum to learn more. It seems that BitShares is really something totally new that nobody else has done before, so only way to go forward is through trial and error. It is always easy to say afterwards that "we should have done things differently" but at the time of making those decisions, it's impossible to know what is the optimal way.

I'm actually quite impressed how well the developers have handled difficult decisions. Of course it will always give some distress to investors when plans are changed on the fly, but in the long run it is propably the only way to make sure that the end product will be great.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
thanks tonyk2 for your constructive criticism ... at least I hope the core Dev's can see  that too...

edit:
PS personally I think we will skyrocket when we have a better gui for our exchange, something similar to what popular centralized exchanges have right now, and of course more stable and and with less bugs....
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:18:47 am by liondani »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I asked around , some people don't mind the current rule , but they simply don't want to short because they're afraid that their short order would get lost due to some bugs .

They would want to short if this issue is solved .
Hu? There is no such issue .. shorting works just fine ..
This one: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1385
Thx for sharing .. havent read about it yet ..

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I asked around , some people don't mind the current rule , but they simply don't want to short because they're afraid that their short order would get lost due to some bugs .

This one: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1385
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

happens some time . need to regenerate xxxxxx key