Author Topic: Dividend feature timeline?  (Read 6605 times)

Offline vikram

So in the Bitshares client, I would need a function that says "issue dividend", I enter the total amount and currency type (ie. BitUSD), then Bitshares blockchain deducts my BitUSD balance etc.., and sends this amount proportionately to all the investors of my "APPLE" asset investor in a single transaction.
You can emulate this feature by share dropping on your asset owners if you can identify them.
How about this proposal?
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14288.0

These all seem to be describing the same thing, which is the ability the construct a set of transactions that will distribute a pool of assets proportionally among the holders of a specified UIA. Am I correct?

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
Paying dividend is a challenge in Bitshares UIA because you don't know who is holding the shares.

If there is a new command to list all the accounts that hold specific UIA with owner authentication then dividend is possible.
The owner will create another UIA like bitDividend and make a share dropping or pay bitUSD directly.

I thought non-TITAN transaction are going to be a thing?

Offline joele

• View Profile
Paying dividend is a challenge in Bitshares UIA because you don't know who is holding the shares.

If there is a new command to list all the accounts that hold specific UIA with owner authentication then dividend is possible.
The owner will create another UIA like bitDividend and make a share dropping or pay bitUSD directly.

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
You can emulate this feature by share dropping on your asset owners if you can identify them.

In addition, a different way of providing a similar feature is to offer a buy back price for your asset which reflects your profits - so you buy back higher than you sold.

Buy back isn't the same as paying a dividend.

Not sure what's share dropping, I'd rather not maintain my own list of asset owners, since I can make mistakes, but the blockchain won't.

Offline monsterer

In addition, a different way of providing a similar feature is to offer a buy back price for your asset which reflects your profits - so you buy back higher than you sold.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
Please describe the feature; I don't think I am familiar with this.

Basically, if I sell a user asset called for example "APPLE" as a pass thru to the AAPL stock on nasdaq, so that foreign investors (ie. from China) can invest in the US company "Apple Inc".

Then when AAPL pay me a quarterly dividend, I would also need to pay a dividend to the investors of my user asset.

So in the Bitshares client, I would need a function that says "issue dividend", I enter the total amount and currency type (ie. BitUSD), then Bitshares blockchain deducts my BitUSD balance etc.., and sends this amount proportionately to all the investors of my "APPLE" asset investor in a single transaction.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:48:27 pm by kokojie »

Offline vikram

Please describe the feature; I don't think I am familiar with this.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
I was also wondering about this. I need this feature too.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
When will dividend feature be activated for user assets? I plan to run some passthru assets, and would need an easy way to pay regular dividend to investors.