Author Topic: BTC Media Delegate Proposal  (Read 3074 times)

Offline masterofmyself

• View Profile
The masses with money are highly exposed to yBitcoin at conferences like Transact, Money 20/20, and other payments and money conferences not necessarily related to bitcoin. yBitcoin puts an issue of their print magazine in every seat at these conferences. And they also just finished up a big advertising gig at South by Southwest.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

With the current price crash occurring, it is apparent that there is a major lack of advertising and marketing necessary to drive adoption and price growth. We really need a major channel to funnel new users into BTS. This is why the delegate I have proposed is necessary. I don't see any of the major BTC media outlets with advertising for BTS, and although the Bitshares Community twitter page has about 4,500 followers, the BitAssets page has less than 100. Even if this delegate is not valuable enough to the community to be voted in, I'd be more than happy to work with someone who is already doing marketing and advertising to put them in touch with my contacts for these media outlets.

We'd be better suited drawing in the masses than the crypto people IMO.  Also IMO Max Wright's Bts 101 video funnels will be the perfect thing to market at 1.0 to increase BTS users

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline masterofmyself

• View Profile
With the current price crash occurring, it is apparent that there is a major lack of advertising and marketing necessary to drive adoption and price growth. We really need a major channel to funnel new users into BTS. This is why the delegate I have proposed is necessary. I don't see any of the major BTC media outlets with advertising for BTS, and although the Bitshares Community twitter page has about 4,500 followers, the BitAssets page has less than 100. Even if this delegate is not valuable enough to the community to be voted in, I'd be more than happy to work with someone who is already doing marketing and advertising to put them in touch with my contacts for these media outlets.

Offline masterofmyself

• View Profile
I appreciate the input - much obliged! My thinking was that before BTS decentralized, bytemaster and the gang were spending money to advertise through these channels. But once they decentralized, it has been up to the community to pick up the slack there. That doesn't mean that it was worth the investment in the first place, that was just my thinking about why keep doing it. The original creator found it to be a valuable investment, so it might be worth continuing. Especially since the reader crowd are those with money who are looking into new and innovative ideas in the bitcoin space. So one user that clicks through, likes the idea, and buys in, could really alter the landscape.

With twitter, you have to gather followers, meaning you have fish for people who are interested. With yBitcoin and the website, you bring the product to people who may not even know they're interested yet. I don't think twitter can accomplish on the same scale what we could with these two media outlets.

Plus, I'm pretty sure there is already a twitter account doing exactly what you described.

TurkeyLeg

Hi masterofmyself,

First, let me say that I appreciate anyone and everyone's efforts to grow BTS. I would also say that anyone who likes your proposal should definitely vote for your delegate.

Here's my thoughts on your proposal and please accept my criticism as constructive - that is 100% how it is intended.

I think an active and well managed Twitter account promoting BitAssets,  plus an engaging presence on Reddit would be far more impactful than your proposal. It would also be significantly cheaper (or free). I personally would much rather vote for a delegate that will make an impact on a daily basis instead of a quarterly one, and especially a delegate that does not need to dilute BTS at full tilt.

Also, the unique number of monthly visitors you presented for bitcoinmagazine is impressive - however, telling me the click through rate for ads is between 0.1% and 1.0% also tells me you don't know what the CPC will be with any precision and you don't know what the cost per user acquisition will be either.

Just my 2 BTS but I don't think this proposal as it currently stands is worth the spend.

Offline masterofmyself

• View Profile
On my qualification: I don't have "formal" experience with marketing and advertising. Don't have a college degree in it, nor have I ever worked a job in the field.

However, I've worked hard to understand what Bitshares brings to the table in terms of innovation and disruption. I've developed some great connections in the bitcoin community, and can utilize these channels to spread this knowledge to others. I have a good writing background, especially in the realm of persuasion (pretty much what law school is all about). I can apply that skill to Bitshares. I also have access to a top class editor for the financial newsletter I work for - she's willing to help with the project for free.

As far as yBitcoin readers, I'm not sure of their numbers exactly. But the number of people who have access to the magazine are in the ten-thoudands. Think about all these major conferences at which they are distributed, many of the top tier universities, and other niches around the U.S. (and soon to be international).

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Welcome masterofmyself,

* What qualifies you as a law school graduate for a job in marketing?

good question ...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Thanks for your well-written proposal!

Could you clarify two things:

* What qualifies you as a law school graduate for a job in marketing?
* How many readers does yBitcoin have?

Thanks,
Peter
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I was planning on doing the exact same thing. I'm just currently talking with someone with the skills to design flyers to print and distrubite, design ads to advertise on crypto related sites and even possibly create a video for BitShares. My only problem was not knowing if it community think it's worth a 100% proposal or not, I guess I'm about to see.

+5% Good luck with it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline masterofmyself

• View Profile
Bitshares Delegate Proposal

My name is Rich, and I am a recent law school graduate with aspirations to become a successful bitcoin entrepreneur. Currently, I’m working with Tuur Demeester as a Junior Researcher for an upcoming Bitcoin investment newsletter. I have been following the Bitshares project since the beginning (you can check my forum profile creation date for verification), and am really excited for BTS’ future! Up to this point, I have longed to be an active participant in its growth, but have lacked the requisite skills to do so (I have no programming experience). Now that the DAC has launched, and the gears are really turning, I see a place for me to utilize my skills for the betterment of the Bitshares community.

Proposal Summary: I propose to create a delegate that will use the payouts specifically for the purpose of purchasing advertising space with BTC Media’s yBitcoin, a physical, high-quality magazine distributed at large conferences throughout the U.S., and www.bitcoinmagazine.com, a website dedicated to bringing a high-quality, digital content to their large reader base.

Full-length Proposal: I would like to become a delegate of the Bitshares platform. My goal would be to receive 100% of the delegate payouts, and put them toward purchasing valuable advertising space with BTC Media’s two best outlets - yBitcoin and bitcoinmagazine.com. I understand that there are other marketing and advertising delegates out there with similar jobs. However, it is important to note that these ads are high-quality, and with quality comes cost. It is my opinion that this project can only be tackled with at least one delegate assigned specifically to this task.

Because I have a business relationship with David Bailey, owner of BTC Media, he has offered to sell me advertising space at a discount rate. At this point, he has not given me specifics, so I will make calculations here while using their normal rates.

It is my understanding that the average delegate payout rate right now is ~$1,200/month based on the current market rate of BTS if the delegate accepts 100% of the payouts. I will assume this is accurate for calculation purposes in this proposal.

yBitcoin
This is a high-quality, free print and digital guide engineered to introduce the Bitcoin Universe to discerning readers worldwide. It is a four-color publication, perfect bound with hinged binding and printed on the highest quality paper, and delivers informative, reliable and inspiring information to Main St., Wall St. and Silicon Valley.

Covering the inner workings, people, and businesses which make up the digital currency, yBitcoin combines a curated Bitcoin experience with your professional branding. Their audience of influential, well-educated and affluent readers, both businesses and prospective enthusiasts, are eager to learn more about the future of cryptocurrency and its trusted companies. Some conferences and events yBitcoin has been distributed: Money 20/20, Transact, Bitcoin Bowl, CoinSummit.

yBitcoin Advertising Choices

4 Color Ads      1x      2x

Full page                   $3,500         $3,325
½ Page                     $2,000         $1,900
¼ Page                     $1,200         $1,140

Front Cover              $10,000

Back Cover                $6,000        $5,700

Sponsored Content

Full Page                   $4,000        $3,800
½ Page                     $2,200         $2,090

As you can see, if I saved the payouts for a month, and the average price of BTS remained about the same, I could afford to purchase the ¼ page advertisement. However, since yBitcoin is only published every quarter, it may be more beneficial to save a little longer, and purchase a larger ad before publication. You can also see that if the price rises during the time I’m saving, Bitshares could really benefit in that I could purchase an even bigger, better ad!

BitcoinMagazine.com

BitcoinMagazine.com’s mission is to be the most accurate and up-to-date source of information, news and commentary about the Bitcoin and digital currency spaces. BitcoinMagazine.com reaches a diverse readership every month by covering current events in business, technology, politics, law and society with a wide variety of viewpoints and expert opinions. BitcoinMagazine.com seeks to provide enlightening commentary that is accessible to new Bitcoin users as well as news and insights that veteran users find invaluable.

The current traffic at their website is approximately 250,000 page views per month, and 70,000 unique visitors per month. Traffic is growing as they are investing and expanding with new high-quality content. Their advertising options are available on a “cost per 1,000 impressions” basis. Ads rotate in each location until the number of impressions purchased have been fulfilled. They have experienced click through rates averaging 0.1% - 1%.

BitcoinMagazine.com Advertising Choices

Header      728 x 90      $15.00 CPM
Top Story  620 x79       $15.00 CPM
Sidebar 1  300 x 250     $15.00 CPM
Sidebar 2  300 x 250     $15.00 CPM

Plan Moving Forward
I think the best option is to focus on saving for the yBitcoin release next quarter (it’s too late to purchase advertising for the upcoming issue). I’m not decided on percentages just yet, I would like to wait for David’s discount offer, but I think it would be best to focus the majority of the money each month to saving for an ad in yBitcoin, then using the rest to purchase an ad on BitcoinMagazine.com each month.

I’m also open to teaming up with any other delegates that are interested in contributing to this venture. Overall, I do think this is a major space on which BTS can capitalize greatly. I intend to set up the delegate immediately, so that I may start receiving votes from shareholders. If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Delegate: btcmedia.marketing.delegate

Thanks for Your Time,

Rich