Author Topic: Remove yunbi delegates  (Read 5159 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

So the question is this... is it going to be left to us the voters to decide when they are good to go on their own.. or should delegates have a proper exit strategy just like any other business does and have set parameters at which they will either tell everyone to bow them out.. or take up a new cause for the position?

Of course it would have been nice to see a statement like "mission accomplished/failed - please vote us out".

In the end it is up to us voters to decide if a delegate delivers on his proposal, and get rid of him if he doesn't.

I agree.. would just be nice if we have a certain accepted etiquette that is expected right from the beginning. I think one of the first questions everyone should be asking 100% delegates from now on is: "What is your exit strategy and how soon do you expect to reach it?"

With that we will quickly see if we got someone with business sense and establish a parameter for when we can expect them to exit their position.. preferably after they have become profitable on their own or have successfully accomplished the task set out.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Great to see Yunbi voted out so quickly and thank you Yunbi for the great work.  +5%

Inflation rate just went down! :D

Also, voters care.  We are active.  We are hawks.

I fully support reinstating delegates for yunbi in the future if they restart work on their bitshares projects.  Until then, its great to see the community cares and protects itself against anyone holding onto paid delegate spots after they stop producing value.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Great to see Yunbi voted out so quickly and thank you Yunbi for the great work.  +5%

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
So the question is this... is it going to be left to us the voters to decide when they are good to go on their own.. or should delegates have a proper exit strategy just like any other business does and have set parameters at which they will either tell everyone to bow them out.. or take up a new cause for the position?

Of course it would have been nice to see a statement like "mission accomplished/failed - please vote us out".

In the end it is up to us voters to decide if a delegate delivers on his proposal, and get rid of him if he doesn't.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I am curious to see how this plays out.

From all that I see Yunbi is doing great now and don't need the delegate positions any longer. If this is the case, then they have achieved what they intended to do and become profitable on their own and no longer need the 100% position.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline role

• View Profile
Remove yunbi delegates

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I think some spring cleaning is required. Anyone monitoring the other delegates?
See this: http://www.xfund.fund/

link doesn't work
Works for me.. try another browser?

works in chrome!

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I think some spring cleaning is required. Anyone monitoring the other delegates?

link doesn't work
Works for me.. try another browser?
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

link doesn't work
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Good idea .. lets take this as a reason the reevaluate all the delegates but at least the 100% delegates .. want to do this for some time now

sumantso

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Agreed .. I dont see them bring value worth 2x100% payed positions .. yet ..

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I begin to think, we should be more patient, cause personally believe yunbi is bringing much more value to our ecosystem then consumes due their delegate pays!

my 2 bitUSD!
Certainly they're bringing value, but they're an exchange: attracting traders is their business whether we pay them to or not.

Delegate pay should be reserved for paying people to do things that are otherwise not in their best interest, but are in ours.