Author Topic: Freebieservers.com is here  (Read 17033 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
the idea is good!

if 5 delegates are needed, we should discuss.

maybe it is not possible to get that many in time, so other directions should be considered as well. We have just to think about other solutions.

some questions:

1. when does your new frontend goes live?
2. i am not familar with the term IP. what does this mean and what do you looking into to sell it?
3. in April you are paying your first dividends on the Nxt asset. could you tell something about your expected revenue?
4. i saw you sell stuff on your site for Nxt via PayPal. Great! How much Nxt do you transfer every month and is this increasing?

Thanks

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I think there are several distinct aspects here that are getting muddled:

Freebieservers.com has a network and an audience that can be leveraged to advertise our products.  It may very well make sense for us to use delegates to pay them to do this.

Apart from this, Freebieservers.com has business needs for which the use of our products (or a competitors) could be very beneficial.  I think if they look into it further, they'll find that working with us is in their best interest because our product is superior.  Deciding to integrate and use BitShares based on direct delegate sponsored subsidies I think would be shortsighted; they should use the most efficient system available to them with long term sustainability in mind.  This relationship should be mutually beneficial without any delegate positions, because BitShares offers both uniquely useful products and more efficient scaling than its competitors.

Like mentioned in the proposal, the delegate pay is an open door for the community to leverage our user reach and promote themselves.  The integration will not be a result of subsidies. Any product related decisions are made over time post due analysis of what the tech brings to the table and how it affects our end users.

Excellent, thanks for making it clear that these aren't being conflated.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
With go through it later thoroughly (or not), but on first glance seems like another yunbi case. As in since there is the option to get delegate pay, why not make some extra profit?

If BitUSD is beneficial to you alone as a product, then you don't need delegate pay. If you are doing developing work for integration, then part of it can be subsidized by delegate pay provide you make the code open source. If you use funds to make up any conversion shortfall that is also a valid case for asking a delegate.

Regarding payment for ad, our marketing delegates/members can judge better.

Looking forward to that.

sumantso

With go through it later thoroughly (or not), but on first glance seems like another yunbi case. As in since there is the option to get delegate pay, why not make some extra profit?

If BitUSD is beneficial to you alone as a product, then you don't need delegate pay. If you are doing developing work for integration, then part of it can be subsidized by delegate pay provide you make the code open source. If you use funds to make up any conversion shortfall that is also a valid case for asking a delegate.

Regarding payment for ad, our marketing delegates/members can judge better.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
I do not think it makes sense for FreebieServers to get paid for developing a betting interface which they will own and make money with. If the BitShares community pays for such a platform, then the BitShares community should be the owners of the platform, and should share the profits.

Sure, the BItShares community gets exposure out of the deal, but the cost of this exposure should not be confused with the cost of development. I just want it to be clear that the 'highest bidder' for this betting platform is not paying for development, they are paying for exclusive exposure, and the pricing should be expected to be appropriate for this.

The betting platform offering isn't in the proposal and due to the same I wouldn't be commenting on the statement.

Thanks for the prompt and useful answers Freebieservers.  You may want to consider holding a http://beyondbitcoinshow.com mumble hangout to talk through your proposal to the BitShares community live.  This often helps the idea become established among BTS holders and should help with getting elected.  Also having this thread translated into Chinese and posted in the Chinese subforum is another useful action.

So far to me it looks like it could work very well.  5 delegates is a lot though and it will be especially hard to get elected due to concerns of centralising the network too much.  Perhaps you could have fewer delegates but be partially funded by BitShares by other means, such as via BitSharesBreakout or another fund.

For the betting platform, as @fluxer555 says,  "If the BitShares community pays for such a platform, then the BitShares community should be the owners of the platform, and should share the profits."  One option would be doing a crowdfund by creating a UIA and having it listed on metaexchange.

This is an excellent use case for BitUSD and with viral potential, glad to have you here :)

So it cost around a buck per new account for Nxt.  So we are looking at around 5000 users a month with 5 delegates each worth just over $1k at current market cap.

What is the upper limit to the amount you would require?  When the marketcap increases to 50 million, 100 million or more, what will you do?  E.g.  You could burn the extra funds or ask us to vote out one or more of your delegates.

I am open to looking at other avenues to get things rolling. I understand 5 delegates is a lot, but within the current market scenario ,its a very reasonable amount for a start-up of our size and stature. Our reach beats most other names within crypto / gaming by far and I believe the funds help us retain running space to push the coin. 

As the market cap grows, we'll be running larger campaigns. That said, yes -we'll be willing to step down with one of our delegates if things grow out of hand in terms of market cap.

If I were you Freebieservers, I would go ahead and ask Riverhead (and Rune) for advise. Riverhead is not only very smart but also has been here with BTS for a damn long time.... so he has insight that few other have. You will not regret listening or following what he has to say.

Ask him why did they chose to go the UIA (user issued asset) path and did not ask for delegate pay for their highly valuable (just like yours potentially  Freebieservers) project.

Appreciate the suggestion. I'll PM the said user later tonight.

Freebieservers.com has a network and an audience that can be leveraged to advertise our products.  It may very well make sense for us to use delegates to pay them to do this.

Apart from this, Freebieservers.com has business needs for which the use of our products (or a competitors) could be very beneficial.  I think if they look into it further, they'll find that working with us is in their best interest because our product is superior.  Deciding to integrate and use BitShares based on direct delegate sponsored subsidies I think would be shortsighted; they should use the most efficient system available to them with long term sustainability in mind.  This relationship should be mutually beneficial without any delegate positions, because BitShares offers both uniquely useful products and more efficient scaling than its competitors.

Like mentioned in the proposal, the delegate pay is an open door for the community to leverage our user reach and promote themselves.  The integration will not be a result of subsidies. Any product related decisions are made over time post due analysis of what the tech brings to the table and how it affects our end users.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

Offline mitao

• View Profile
Alibaba.com here, we are preparing to integrate Bitshares into Alipay. We will bring 2 billion new users. So I am looking for 65 delegate spots.  Vote us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zerosum

If I were you Freebieservers, I would go ahead and ask Riverhead (and Rune) for advise. Riverhead is not only very smart but also has been here with BTS for a damn long time.... so he has insight that few other have. You will not regret listening or following what he has to say.

Ask him why did they chose to go the UIA (user issued asset) path and did not ask for delegate pay for their highly valuable (just like yours potentially  Freebieservers) project.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
You have my vote... You may want to begin doing work before your delegates get voted in.  It may take weeks before you accumulate enough votes and showing your commitment early will expedite the process.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Thanks for the prompt and useful answers Freebieservers.  You may want to consider holding a http://beyondbitcoinshow.com mumble hangout to talk through your proposal to the BitShares community live.  This often helps the idea become established among BTS holders and should help with getting elected.  Also having this thread translated into Chinese and posted in the Chinese subforum is another useful action.

So far to me it looks like it could work very well.  5 delegates is a lot though and it will be especially hard to get elected due to concerns of centralising the network too much.  Perhaps you could have fewer delegates but be partially funded by BitShares by other means, such as via BitSharesBreakout or another fund.

For the betting platform, as @fluxer555 says,  "If the BitShares community pays for such a platform, then the BitShares community should be the owners of the platform, and should share the profits."  One option would be doing a crowdfund by creating a UIA and having it listed on metaexchange.

This is an excellent use case for BitUSD and with viral potential, glad to have you here :)

So it cost around a buck per new account for Nxt.  So we are looking at around 5000 users a month with 5 delegates each worth just over $1k at current market cap.

What is the upper limit to the amount you would require?  When the marketcap increases to 50 million, 100 million or more, what will you do?  E.g.  You could burn the extra funds or ask us to vote out one or more of your delegates.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:49:12 pm by matt608 »

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
I do not think it makes sense for FreebieServers to get paid for developing a betting interface which they will own and make money with. If the BitShares community pays for such a platform, then the BitShares community should be the owners of the platform, and should share the profits.

Sure, the BItShares community gets exposure out of the deal, but the cost of this exposure should not be confused with the cost of development. I just want it to be clear that the 'highest bidder' for this betting platform is not paying for development, they are paying for exclusive exposure, and the pricing should be expected to be appropriate for this.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
- Which other coin communities are you looking to partner with?
Currently we work with Nxt.I Wouldn't want to shut doors to emerging opportunities in the months to come, which is why I leave the choice open. As a business, we are always on the look-out for larger deals and better tech. If things align with our best interests we choose to work with communities. Currently, SuperNet, Nxt and Bitshares is all we're looking at.

- Is an Nxt advertising campaign is still running?

Not at the moment.

- Isn't multiple coin options confusing for users?

Yes it is. This is part of the reason why we intend to go into a coin-economy that runs completely with FS' name on it. Having that said with the right kind of api and wallet integrations, we should be able to pull it off. Indeed it is confusing to keep replacing coins every month, but then again it boils down to giving end users the ability to make their choices.

- Can BitUSD be the exclusive coin advertised?
Yes, for a large enough budget.

- I saw you did an ICO, how does BitUSD + BitShares fit into this?

It wasn't an ICO. It was an asset exchange deal - where in we received funding to develop our new proprietary panel and advertising systems. It gave us a tremendous boost as a business and we're eternally grateful to the community for the same. I'll need to look into how BIt-usd and Bit-shares will fit in the system, but honestly we aren't looking to selling any more stakes in the business (unless its 6 digit offerings for 2 digit equity).

- Is the cost of BitUSD video ad creation included?

No, this will need to be provided by the community

- Are you going to ask for any donations on top of these 5 delegate spots? You say in point 2  "The community can also come forth and commit give aways"  Does this mean you expect us to fund giveaways not covered by the delegate pay?
Depends. If we are expected to give away 50 percent of the delegate pay - we won't be able to do that. We will be able to commit to give aways of small order. When we worked with Nxt, the give away amount was sponsored by mynxt.info.

- Could people login using BitShares login?

This should be possible. I'll need to run this with my co-founder to give a final specific on his.

- What was the average cost of each new Nxt user?

75-100 nxt

- How does the BitUSD sponsorship/integration differ from what that of NXT?  Is it the same thing?

We intend to keep our nxt integration as it is. The community has been tremendously supportive in our endeavours and we believe what they offer has helped us grow. Having that said, we  do not have any active advertising deal with them. This is part of the reason why we are in a position to accommodate other coins.

- How long do you expect to require the delegate positions?

For as long as we can be the leaders in promoting crypto amongst gamers ?

- What is the growth rate of your user base for the past 3 months?  It looks like you had rapid growth last year and things may have slowed down

In a really good month we see anywhere upto 1-1.5k sign ups coming in completely organically. This is subject to tremendous changes as we haven't been actively marketing ourselves and growth is largely organic.

- Have you thought about which BitShares wallet to recommend to users?  The Light Wallet or the Mobile wallet (limewallet) are probably the best fit.

I'll need to delve into the specifics.

In the Nxt thread you mentioned developing a betting system which, "would cost anywhere between 20-25k USD". Are you still wanting to do this?  This could be an excellent use for BitUSD and you may be able to acquire funding for it here providing it only uses BitUSD.

I would love to talk about this with the biz devs on board in detail. Yes, we're still looking to do this and have our doors open to the highest bidder for this.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Thank you freebieservers for your interesting delegate proposal. 

I read through the freebieservers Nxt forum thread:
https://nxtforum.org/asset-exchange-general/freebieservers-com-75-000-users-and-growing!/

A few quotes:
"The idea is to build a nxt-economy among our users as we grow." - Oct 25th 2014.

"We have collected around 20,000 NXT from donors, which has been mostly been used to pay our developer to create our custom platform." - Nov 21st 2014.

"This represents great progress towards our goal of creating a platform that is closely integrated with NXT, enabling and incentivising new users in our ideal demographic to explore NXT and cryptocurrency in more depth." - Nov 21st 2014.

"We plan on a number of additional revenue streams to maximize our growth potential, including licensing of our new panel software for others to use, creating a commodity-based virtual goods betting system, and the introduction of the first-ever gamer related cryptocurrency - backed by NXTCoin." - Jan 13th 2015.

"We're in the talks with a few coins- announcements will be made as soon as the deal is set.  We are also working behind the scenes with a number of big Nxt projects" - March 7th 2015.

Questions:
- Which other coin communities are you looking to partner with?
- Is an Nxt advertising campaign is still running?
- Isn't multiple coin options confusing for users? 
- Can BitUSD be the exclusive coin advertised?
- I saw you did an ICO, how does BitUSD + BitShares fit into this?
- Is the cost of BitUSD video ad creation included?
- Are you going to ask for any donations on top of these 5 delegate spots? You say in point 2  "The community can also come forth and commit give aways"  Does this mean you expect us to fund giveaways not covered by the delegate pay?
- Could people login using BitShares login?
- What was the average cost of each new Nxt user?
- How does the BitUSD sponsorship/integration differ from what that of NXT?  Is it the same thing?
- How long do you expect to require the delegate positions?
- How long will the BitUSD ads run for? 
- What is the growth rate of your user base for the past 3 months?
- Have you thought about which BitShares wallet to recommend to users?  The Light Wallet or the Mobile wallet (limewallet) are probably the best fit.

In the Nxt thread you mentioned developing a betting system which, "would cost anywhere between 20-25k USD". Are you still wanting to do this?  This could be an excellent use for BitUSD and you may be able to acquire funding for it here providing it only uses BitUSD.

Thanks again, looking forward to hearing more about this.

:)
-matt608

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:46:31 pm by matt608 »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I can confirm that Freebieservers sent me an email from their domain and tweeted a link to this topic https://twitter.com/FreebieServers/status/574576958132076545

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Welcome on board!
So you don't  use SSL for login to server panels?

We haven't integrated it yet, but we intend to have it added as we make a final transition to our fully custom made panel.

sounds amazing... You'd have my vote!

To verify:

could you send a tweet to @btsfav with a link to this thread and send an e-mail to askfav@gmail.com ?

Edit: btw, the social buttons at the bottom of you site are blanks

Sent the e-mail, our social media pages have been updated
https://www.facebook.com/freebieserversofficial?ref=hl

When you look at our marketing - you'll find that most of our traffic is organic, and not via social media , due to the same we haven't focused heavily on the social media outlets but you will soon be seeing changes on those outlets soon :)

welcome on board ... this sounds awesome ..

Do you offe minecraft servers for which custom made plugins can be run?

@fuzzy !!!!!!

Yes. MC is one of our key markets. In order to further strengthen our interests in the industry, we're branching out to a whole new subsidiary, with a team of close to 20 personnel. You can check them at mcserverbank.com

My staff would love to run you through any requirements.

Appreciate the warm welcome guys. Do keep the questions coming in.