Author Topic: "inactivity tax" question  (Read 2268 times)

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Ok, that settles that. Seems there's a lot of outdated info out there (wiki, old blog posts).. perhaps we should address that, it can be confusing to newcomers.

Thank you guys for the replies.

We are doing a Wiki Wesnesday tomorrow, wanna join us?

Sounds fun. How to get in?

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Ok, that settles that. Seems there's a lot of outdated info out there (wiki, old blog posts).. perhaps we should address that, it can be confusing to newcomers.

We are doing a Wiki Wesnesday tomorrow, wanna join us?

Offline loszhor

• View Profile
  • BitShares: loszhor
    I must agree that the information available on BitShares needs to be updated and simplified. I have found the learning curve on usage very high mostly due to outdated information. Luckily the community has been very helpful but the official information should cover the essentials already. I find that the bulk of the information available mostly deals with what BitShares are but not how to use them.

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
This was discussed, but does not currently exist and there are no current plans to ever implement it as far as I know.

There are a lot of drawbacks to the idea, but if I remember correctly the main benefit was being able to have a rolling year of blockchain data and throw away anything older than that to trim storage requirements.  Also removing uncertainty about the real supply when some funds are effectively burned because their private keys have been destroyed.

Anyway, the idea is dead.

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
I think that got removed, at least I hope so because its an awful idea!

Offline karnal

• View Profile
During my research I read that there's some sort of inactivity tax, where 5% gets taken from bitassets that have not moved address for a year.

Is this info still current? And if so, does the official client proactively warn about the impending 5% cut in any way?