Author Topic: Bitshares Crowd Funded Alt Coin Initializing & Marketing - 96% delegate.altfund  (Read 5004 times)

iHashFury

I respect your and the devs' opinions but as I am not a developer, I am using the tools I have available to solve a problem.

The Devs are working in other, probably more important areas and I don't really mind if LTC, XRP or the DRK community wants added to Bitshares or not.

I want Bitshares to ultimately profit from their inclusion.

If this experiment does not work, I will refund all UIA at cost.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
With my approach you would at least see if a altcoin community WANTS to use our decentralized exchange ...
it doesn't make sense to add LTC because LTC is almost dead IMHO
it doesn't make sense to add most altcoins as they highly correlated with bitcoin

Also, BTS is a DAC .. it should be profitable .. not throughout out investors money ..

And also, with "vote for your altcoin to end up in the BitShares DEX" you can have better marketing impact .. IMHO

iHashFury

Two different solutions to the same problem :

"I don't see why WE should fund that?"

That is what everyone is saying. Bitshares will benefit from:

Marketing, Users and Fees.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Recently I had a discussion in the german subforum about getting altcoins into BTS. This was my take on it:

Let's register 0% delegates for interesting altcoins and let their respective communities vote for their delegates ..
It's just the same as getting a new coin into cryptos .. you vote for them .. except that in BTS you can keep the stake you use for voting!!

Once a few altcoin have passed a certain* threshold we can make the devs add them 'for free' with the next hardfork

* this is the issue: what percentage of votes does an altcoin delegate need to have the devs agree on adding it to the dex?!

iHashFury

I believe "BitShares - The Decentralized Exchange" needs to support it's roots by allowing the trading and shorting of alt coins ASAP.
The addition of alts, by their inclusion, should spread the adoption and increase use of BTS without direct specific marketing:
"Promotion by association and inclusion".

delegate.altfund will be funded by a user issued asset called ALTFUND. These will be sold for 1 BTS each until there are enough to fund the delegate. I believe this is the simplest and most cost effective way to judge support for this proposal. 
"500000BTS is alot to invest for the activation of one market which should bring 1000s of new users to bitshares."

90% of the delegates income will go towards initializing BitLTC, BitXRP .... 6% will be used for VPS costs and feeds and 4% burn.

User Issued Delegate Asset:

ALTFUND
Alt Fund Delegate
1 ALTFUND = 1 BTS to directly fund a 96% delegate dedicated to initializing and marketing alt coin markets on bitshares.

User Issued Coin Assets:
Vote here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14847.0

LTC.ALTFUND
Fund BitLTC
1 LTC.ALTFUND ≈ 1BitLTC 
This asset will directly fund the initializing of LTC (market issued - shortable) Litecoin market on bitshares.

XRP.ALTFUND
Fund BitXRP
1 XRP.ALTFUND ≈ 1BitXRP 
This asset will directly fund the initializing of XRP (market issued - shortable) Ripple market on bitshares.

This proposal will also depend on the future help of

https://metaexchange.info/
https://blocktrades.us
http://btsbots.com/

and others to include BitLTC, BitXRP.... on their systems.

I have also made contact with alcurex.org who wishes to include bitshares assets on the exchange. Alcurex.org also has a USD bank deposit account and access to physical gold and silver. I will need help and instruction on adding bit assets to an existing exchange.

Thoughts, direction and help are more than welcome.

"Bitshares users should allow alt coins the benefit of our system by including their coins."

Apologies if this was discussed before.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 03:02:56 pm by iHashFury »