Author Topic: Development seems to be suspended  (Read 7745 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Agreed, the utter silence coupled with the lack of any solid evidence that work is being done sure doesn't make an investor feel very secure...

If this truly is the solution to avoiding PR problems, it frankly isn't working.

one click on anything that's not labeled as "BitShares" or "Master" , you'll see the code .

"BitShares" is only part of the "Bitshares Wallet" . "BitShares wallet" contains QT-wallet , web-wallet , Bitshares , FC ...

Also in every single repo , "master" is only one of the branch , those on-going process is on different branch such as develop , test , etc ...

And I've seen some proof that work is being done this week on the forum , guess you missed the thread .
An 5K USD bounty was issued by Bytemaster to solve a high profile feature regarding encryption , and a developer named PC is making good progress on it .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
everyone is watching "master" branch ....
but the "on-going" work is on other branch and other repo ....

you need to click somewhere else :P
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Many of my commits are currently flowing into the "fc" library which is the foundation of BitShares.
https://github.com/BitShares/fc/commits/master
I have been adding utilities that will eventually be used to make BTS faster, safer, and more secure.    Much of my effort is also flowing into meetings with partners.
I am also working on longer term strategic goals and roadmaps that cannot be released until after a careful review by all developers.   
Don't worry, I am still working on the project and looking to bring substantial value to BTS.    In particular I am looking into ways of improving the user experience by increasing performance and reducing memory consumption.

Well done Dan.  +5%
Please communicate with the odd post here and there.

lzr1900

clout

It's like people don't even realise that the web wallet is out, and that it works perfectly!

wallet.bitshares.org!

wallet.bitshares.org does not have market functionality, does not integrate any bridges or gateways, and you cannot login into your wallet from other computers. currently wallet.bitshares.org is pretty useless. no offense. obviously its a huge milestone, but we certainly would have expected it several weeks if not months ago.

to be honest I think the parallel development process is hampering productivity. having one person work on full client, one on light client and one on web wallet means that we have unfinished versions of all three. i would much rather see all three UX designers and dnotestein's team work on wallet.bitshares.org to make it more comparable to centralized exchanges.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
It's like people don't even realise that the web wallet is out, and that it works perfectly!

wallet.bitshares.org!

Tuck Fheman

Many of my commits are currently flowing into the "fc" library which is the foundation of BitShares.

I have been adding utilities that will eventually be used to make BTS faster, safer, and more secure.    Much of my effort is also flowing into meetings with partners.

I am also working on longer term strategic goals and roadmaps that cannot be released until after a careful review by all developers.   

Don't worry, I am still working on the project and looking to bring substantial value to BTS.    In particular I am looking into ways of improving the user experience by increasing performance and reducing memory consumption.

Was this message vetted through the proper channels?

Buy!!!!
Sell!!!!
Panic Sell!!!
Panic Buy!!!!

;)

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Online Brekyrself

• View Profile
Yeah it has been. I don't see any commits from bytemaster either. It really seems as though BM is leaving the project.

No blog posts since January 30 either.  I do recall reading about refactoring the code thus there may be more things going on offline?

clout

Yeah it has been. I don't see any commits from bytemaster either. It really seems as though BM is leaving the project.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Usually the milestones are updated once a day on github... and there appears to have been progress every day over the last week or so.

The problem isn't with bitshares, it is with crypto 2.0...  A look at coinmarketcap over the last week shows money flowing out of the 2.0 projects and into bitcoin.  Bitcoin has been the best performer out of the top 10 crypto currencies over the last week

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Agreed, the utter silence coupled with the lack of any solid evidence that work is being done sure doesn't make an investor feel very secure...

If this truly is the solution to avoiding PR problems, it frankly isn't working.

Offline onceuponatime

I'm monitoring github repo and feeling recent development is very slow. Is it under through testing?

did you checked development branch?

Link?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I'm monitoring github repo and feeling recent development is very slow. Is it under through testing?

did you checked development branch?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█