Author Topic: [OpenForDiscussion] Voting for a hardfork proposal  (Read 4354 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hey friends,

in this discussion and this discussion people from the community want to get altcoins traded in BitShares DEX (as market pegged assets) ..

The questions would be how to get them into the DEX. Either someone* has to pay 500k BTS for the registration or the shareholders come to a consensus and let the next hardfork create those assets for free.

* altcoin community, individual or delegates

The issue I'd like to discuss (again) what criteria have to be met such that the developers can see a consensus of the shareeholders about which markets to open.

Obviously, a forum poll is work nothing. Hence, I'd like to propose (similar to toast's proxy delegate) to vote for 0%-delegates.
As I don't think they will make it into the TOP101 we should discuss what threshold those delegates have to pass in BTS votes in order to be interpreted as "consensus" among a set of shareholders .. obviously, a 51% stake vote will note work. maybe a 51% of the actively voting stake .. or maybe 51% of the votes counted for TOP1 delegates ..

Let's discuss

BTW. for those not understanding the reason for this: Take a look at coin voting @cryptsy @mintpal (prior to shutdown) and possibly others .. In short, marketing this idea to individual altcoin communities will separated those communities that want their token traded in the BTS DEX from those that don't care .. AND drive the BTS price, because votes only count as BTS (with the HUGE advantage that voting with your BTS stake does not make you loos your stake :) )

Please discuss!

@toast @bytemaster @vikram @allotherdevs: what's your opinion?