Author Topic: What's happening with the price?  (Read 62419 times)

Tuck Fheman

realization has set in that there will never be a fiat crisis, since QE is apparently the solution.

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab
I'd sugest a rollback to self moderated devs participation on the forum, to balance the speculation content with more constructive feedback

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab
DAC's C may stand for Company (profit) but Distributed and Autonomous means freedom.
Trying to imagine bitcoin's first stages being mainly focused on price and makes no sense to me

Offline emailtooaj

I don't want to belittle some of the complaints posted so far but in the scheme of things (the entire Crypto-World combined) is in a steady downtrend. If you look at what Coinmarketcap had reported for a combined total Market Cap on Nov.14 2014 (http://web.archive.org/web/20141114040807/http://coinmarketcap.com/ ) and compair it to today's Market cap, then there's been a total value loss of 29.8%. The numbers don't lie!
So the arguments that Bitshares decrease is directly caused because of this, that or the other is not acurate. The Cytpo comunnity as a whole is feeling the pinch.
Outside of this... the bigger purse holders are in China. So what Shentist had stated has the most common sense factor I've heard so far (minus the Moonstone comment)...
to think the moonstone fundraiser is the cause --- please take a look on the charts and the downtrend is 5-6 month long.

so, we are loosing more then other 2.0 crypto projects, but we have also the biggest chinese community. In the last weeks the indices in china doubled on the stock exchanges, so
why should they stay in crypto? they can come back later.

we are pressured the most, because our chinese community is the biggest and the BTS whales are sitting in china, but we will also get pushed the most, if the bearmarket in crypto is over.

maybe you all should welcome this time and tell all your friends to buy some BTS.

That being said, we aren't doing ourselves any favors by pointing fingers at each other for "plausible" causes regarding the price drop and creating unnecessary FUD, unless there's a hidden agenda to do so!
 :P

Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Meh comes off as a i told you so approach. Sometimes you have to pay for skill yes but id rather have skill dedicated to the cause and get behind the whole idea.. Skill as a consultant wont work for crypto.. Until we can compete financially. There is skill out there willing to code for fun (and herr you get paid a bit while your at it) if you dont believe me see bitcoin.

That said sometimes core beliefs clash and the person is not willing to adapt or able to convince.. So its tough but nothing wrong with it.. For the sake of the project good for that persons to move on.. But just dont come back to tell ppl they are wrong for believing in something without proper justification... Just becsuse you think something doesnt make it the global truth.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 05:54:23 pm by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline mint chocolate chip

I think he made it clear he doesnt believe in same things as other core members i doubt hes working on bts.. Probably helped cause the downtrend by selling his millions of bts and every bts he earns via delegate

Haha, now pointing the finger at Toast? He made it clear he left BTS for Note. And if his delegate wasn't voted out, all pay would go to Valvaz.

Apparently the BTS holders thought this was a good idea, to keep the delegate in. Luckily Fuzzy and the awesome  +5% gang, have decided that in times of crisis creating more 100% delegates is the solution. With the help of BM we are made to believe that the extra created BTS, doesn't have a influence on the price. This is why the price is falling, realization has set in that there will never be a fiat crisis, since QE is apparently the solution.

Thanks, I hate having to repeat this stuff. Maybe it's easier to just turn off the delegates to make it clear to people who don't hang around the forum?
Maybe you can talk a bit more indepth on the cardinal sins that bitshares committed instead of coming off as if tou were right and noone listened to you.. I wouldnt be here if it werent for the delegate system and inflation as other devs.. You will stsrt to see fruit of the labor soon as these tools will be integrated.. Would you have said that if price was rising no.. So you assume its one of the reasons it fell howver i think it makes for a buying opp because all of the work hasnt been priced in.. Nothing in crypto to compare it to..

I check the forum every single day and knew only faintly about it howver its so obvious by the tone of your posts.. Usually happens when dev leaves or has little or no stake (sold off)

Almost two months... this page has the discussion about it https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,14379.msg187335.html#msg187335

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
old trading wisdom
"if good news are not moving the price higher or bad news lower, you are probably on the end of a trend"
in our case i think in a couple of month the bearmarket in crypto is over. So you have to think which crypto will profit the most. I am on BitShares, so i will buy more.

exactly. the announcement that Paypal now accepts Bitcoin should have rocketed the price up or at least slowed the bear in the crypto space, but all cryptos are still staggering.

if however a coder is a slacker, you fire him on a friday. (just ask Samir and Michael)

for the record, i bought more BTS today and will buy more tomorrow too.

crypto currency in general can't sustain its price by the value they provide , but totally hinged by what people think they're provide in the long long future ...
so once those expectations are gone , it's hard to sustain the price at the present day .

Unless a system can generate actual income instead of basing its future purely on the expectation of early investors .

this goes to all crypto currency , including BitShares .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I think he made it clear he doesnt believe in same things as other core members i doubt hes working on bts.. Probably helped cause the downtrend by selling his millions of bts and every bts he earns via delegate

Haha, now pointing the finger at Toast? He made it clear he left BTS for Note. And if his delegate wasn't voted out, all pay would go to Valvaz.

Apparently the BTS holders thought this was a good idea, to keep the delegate in. Luckily Fuzzy and the awesome  +5% gang, have decided that in times of crisis creating more 100% delegates is the solution. With the help of BM we are made to believe that the extra created BTS, doesn't have a influence on the price. This is why the price is falling, realization has set in that there will never be a fiat crisis, since QE is apparently the solution.

Thanks, I hate having to repeat this stuff. Maybe it's easier to just turn off the delegates to make it clear to people who don't hang around the forum?
Maybe you can talk a bit more indepth on the cardinal sins that bitshares committed instead of coming off as if tou were right and noone listened to you.. I wouldnt be here if it werent for the delegate system and inflation as other devs.. You will stsrt to see fruit of the labor soon as these tools will be integrated.. Would you have said that if price was rising no.. So you assume its one of the reasons it fell howver i think it makes for a buying opp because all of the work hasnt been priced in.. Nothing in crypto to compare it to..

I check the forum every single day and knew only faintly about it howver its so obvious by the tone of your posts.. Usually happens when dev leaves or has little or no stake (sold off)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 05:45:44 pm by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline svk

I for one completely missed that announcement and I spend way too much time on this forum, I was under the impression you were temporarily helping out with Music, and I only saw a discussion about your second delegate, not the primary one.

So you're no longer working on BTS?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
old trading wisdom
"if good news are not moving the price higher or bad news lower, you are probably on the end of a trend"
in our case i think in a couple of month the bearmarket in crypto is over. So you have to think which crypto will profit the most. I am on BitShares, so i will buy more.

exactly. the announcement that Paypal now accepts Bitcoin should have rocketed the price up or at least slowed the bear in the crypto space, but all cryptos are still staggering.

if however a coder is a slacker, you fire him on a friday. (just ask Samir and Michael)

for the record, i bought more BTS today and will buy more tomorrow too.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline graffenwalder

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
old trading wisdom

Offline chewchew

• View Profile
2) We have heard about potential huge deals behind the scenes but nothing yet..So what is their purpose? To discourage all the current investors so new investors can get in at ridiculously low prices? Guess what these new investors will do when their investment suddenly doubles or more... New crash all over again..

I think we need some Huge announcements from the Devs at this point, some serious media coverage before it is really too late! Only the Devs can stop this downfall and I think its about time they act.

That's part of the problem. Before the devs were all "guys don't worry we have huge deals brewing behind the scenes! Gonna be EPIC!" People bought into that and were just waiting for the devs to deliver. When they don't deliver, panic ensues. So if there really are these "huge deals" brewing, we need more concrete details that prove things are actually happening. Devs remaining largely silent and showing slow progress at GitHub just makes it look like they can't really deliver on their promises.

The killer feature bitshares is missing is credibility and trustworthiness. Changing the supply schedule is a cardinal sin and absolutely nothing has been done to legitimize it

I hate seeing posts like this. First of all, it's impossible to directly correlate the drop in price with the change in supply. Second, the self-funding dilution could one day prove to be BTS' greatest weapon. We just don't know yet because all we're getting is speculative dumping. Third, Toast is a CORE DEV. If you feel so strongly about it why can't you talk this over with the other core devs? You have the power to shape the future of bitshares. Instead of bitching to us about how BTS is no longer trustworthy and has not legitimized its change in share supply, why can't you take this up with the other devs and come up with a CONCRETE answer to the problem together?

I sense a huge disconnect between the core devs and I'm just not feeling it.

Yes I agree. Toast has been very unprofessional. It seems so inappropriate. If you are looking for a PR problem, I think bm is not the problem.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
2) We have heard about potential huge deals behind the scenes but nothing yet..So what is their purpose? To discourage all the current investors so new investors can get in at ridiculously low prices? Guess what these new investors will do when their investment suddenly doubles or more... New crash all over again..

I think we need some Huge announcements from the Devs at this point, some serious media coverage before it is really too late! Only the Devs can stop this downfall and I think its about time they act.

That's part of the problem. Before the devs were all "guys don't worry we have huge deals brewing behind the scenes! Gonna be EPIC!" People bought into that and were just waiting for the devs to deliver. When they don't deliver, panic ensues. So if there really are these "huge deals" brewing, we need more concrete details that prove things are actually happening. Devs remaining largely silent and showing slow progress at GitHub just makes it look like they can't really deliver on their promises.

The killer feature bitshares is missing is credibility and trustworthiness. Changing the supply schedule is a cardinal sin and absolutely nothing has been done to legitimize it

I hate seeing posts like this. First of all, it's impossible to directly correlate the drop in price with the change in supply. Second, the self-funding dilution could one day prove to be BTS' greatest weapon. We just don't know yet because all we're getting is speculative dumping. Third, Toast is a CORE DEV. If you feel so strongly about it why can't you talk this over with the other core devs? You have the power to shape the future of bitshares. Instead of bitching to us about how BTS is no longer trustworthy and has not legitimized its change in share supply, why can't you take this up with the other devs and come up with a CONCRETE answer to the problem together?

I sense a huge disconnect between the core devs and I'm just not feeling it.

Are you saying toast has left bts?
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.