Author Topic: What's happening with the price?  (Read 61582 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Ya, I dont understand this. What does Dash have that we dont?

what has bitcoin,ripple,litecoin,stellar,dash and very soon doge,  that we don't?
...when we find the answer maybe it is to late (if not already) :(

edit:

PS but don't complain not reaching the moon.... we have MOONSTONES indeed  ;)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 10:51:06 am by liondani »

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

Whereas I dont have the time to list what we have that Dash does not.

Dash too:

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
rekt again

:'( :D :'(

overtaken by some crappy coin distributed through facebook, that's so sad  :(

Whereas I dont have the time to list what we have that Dash does not.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
rekt again

:'( :D :'(

overtaken by some crappy coin distributed through facebook, that's so sad  :(

Offline pendragon3

with only $37,000 24h volume we are 5% down... what does it mean? ( I ask the traders to interpret what means low volume with increased price volatility)

It means there is very little buying support, even at these levels.

The key developers still seem very committed though and there are good developments all coming through soon. If I didn't have any BTS I would take a punt at these prices but as I've already tried to call the bottom incorrectly and lost as a result, I'm personally waiting for a significant reversal in the downtrend or evidence of actual BitAsset adoption before I buy more. (I value BTS almost exclusively on BitAsset progress and adoption.)

BitSapphire though have identified perhaps the key problem with BitAssets which is liquidity. So creative ways to address that are possibly needed.

Also if there was a use for BitAssets like buying Music, Gaming or my personal favourite Blockchain based Gambling, then we could see an uptick in BitAsset use and growth.

The two easiest ways to add gateways to the picture is in our opinion:
  • Add legal stock and bond gateways
  • Add legal fiat IOU gateways

Both need easy and friction-less KYC to be legally compliant. I think adding easy KYC compliance should be the number one thing in mind of every delegate and wallet creator out there atm.

The easiest to reach potential gateways are most likely already existing equity crowdfunding websites in Europe and already existing Bitcoin ATM networks. The ATM networks especially could easily integrate by providing ATM Gateway fiat IOUs rather than do the whole buying and selling of bitUSD at the ATM. This would also be a lot more secure.

Our two cents.

+5% +5%
Agree. As I said a few months back, developing easy fiat on- and off-ramps is tremendously important for BitShares, second only to providing the typical user with a great wallet experience.

I hope our best talent is focusing on fiat ramps now because of the significant lead time involved. Developing good, legally-compliant ramps won't be easy. It's a bit unfortunate that BitShares has not (yet) been the beneficiary of a price bubble, as Bitcoin was. So, getting a robust system of ramps will take a lot of resourcefulness, persistence, and ingenuity, but IMO it's a make-or-break and of paramount importance.

Offline bitsapphire

with only $37,000 24h volume we are 5% down... what does it mean? ( I ask the traders to interpret what means low volume with increased price volatility)

The key developers still seem very committed though and there are good developments all coming through soon. If I didn't have any BTS I would take a punt at these prices but as I've already tried to call the bottom incorrectly and lost as a result, I'm personally waiting for a significant reversal in the downtrend or evidence of actual BitAsset adoption before I buy more. (I value BTS almost exclusively on BitAsset progress and adoption.)

BitSapphire though have identified perhaps the key problem with BitAssets which is liquidity. So creative ways to address that are possibly needed.

Also if there was a use for BitAssets like buying Music, Gaming or my personal favourite Blockchain based Gambling, then we could see an uptick in BitAsset use and growth.

The two easiest ways to add gateways to the picture is in our opinion:
  • Add legal stock and bond gateways
  • Add legal fiat IOU gateways

Both need easy and friction-less KYC to be legally compliant. I think adding easy KYC compliance should be the number one thing in mind of every delegate and wallet creator out there atm.

The easiest to reach potential gateways are most likely already existing equity crowdfunding websites in Europe and already existing Bitcoin ATM networks. The ATM networks especially could easily integrate by providing ATM Gateway fiat IOUs rather than do the whole buying and selling of bitUSD at the ATM. This would also be a lot more secure.

Our two cents.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
has methods like this helped you earn money before ?  :P

Don't bet on it. Without much liquidity in the market, models/charts/methods won't be that helpful. Any big trader can move this market very quickly.

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
I sold all of mine, I don't know where the bottom is, but it looks like there is nothing stopping it from falling further.
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
for the records

on metaexchange.info we have more buyers then seller, so it seems that the sales pressure comes from btc38 alone!

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I woukd wager that the btc38 bears are running out of ammo.. soon there will only be buyers
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj

Low volume means there is a lot of uncertainty. Most of us on the forums have been buying all the way down and have just kept losing and losing money. We don't want to lose more so want to see if we fall again before putting more in. It's difficult to catch a falling knife but the prices are very attractive right now.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

There is a fairly popular trading method that could be in play with bitshares right now...

We had a high volume low a week ago.  It was the massive dumping on btc38.  Often times this high volume low gets retested. If it gets retested with lower volume, that will often mean a bounce will insue after the stops under the high volume low are taken out. If we had continued high volume now I would be more worried that a medium term low is not in.  But since we are seeing diminishing volume i would bet we are higher than current market price by the end of next week.  Hard to say how much higher, but I would guess we will be around 18-20 million market cap.

This method has been made popular by Tom O'Brien of TFNN.

has methods like this helped you earn money before ?  :P
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

There is a fairly popular trading method that could be in play with bitshares right now...

We had a high volume low a week ago.  It was the massive dumping on btc38.  Often times this high volume low gets retested. If it gets retested with lower volume, that will often mean a bounce will insue after the stops under the high volume low are taken out. If we had continued high volume now I would be more worried that a medium term low is not in.  But since we are seeing diminishing volume i would bet we are higher than current market price by the end of next week.  Hard to say how much higher, but I would guess we will be around 18-20 million market cap.

This method has been made popular by Tom O'Brien of TFNN.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

it means the money of the supporters have dried up ....
I know plenty of people who wants to buy more , but they already bought at higher price .......
And it's not easy to develop new supporters with money over night .....
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.