Author Topic: What's happening with the price?  (Read 61597 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Yes, mistakes were made.  Large mistakes.  BTS holders at the time paid the price dearly.  Those of us who didn't realize they were mistakes and held have suffered. 

One cannot undo mistakes of the past, we can only make decisions now.
The relevant question is:

At the present time, with the features that BTS has now (Paid delegates, market assets, etc), is a price of 3200 satoshis per BTS too high, too low, or roughly correct?

Based on your available funds, and current exposure to BTS or lack thereof, is the correct move for your portfolio to increase your BTS holdings, decrease, or hold the same?

I took a big position in BTS again at the 0.000045 BTC level we seemed to stabilise at as I thought with all the positive developments and the mistakes priced in, we'd start to grow again.  That has obviously proved to be incorrect. So I've been exiting that trade at a loss.

For what BTS technically is and how rapidly it can develop I think it's severely underpriced. However in terms of community growth, BitAsset adoption and general sentiment we've been weak & because we've been in a fairly sustained downtrend I've actually even sold a bit of my base position too.  I'm also concerned about the amount of development BTS seems to need and if it can afford it for more than a few months if the price doesn't recover.

In conclusion I would say we're cheap but I've already taken some losses so even if I miss some of the initial gains, i'll probably wait for a clear change in the direction rather than trying to call the bottom before I accumulate again.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Yes, mistakes were made.  Large mistakes.  BTS holders at the time paid the price dearly.  Those of us who didn't realize they were mistakes and held have suffered. 

One cannot undo mistakes of the past, we can only make decisions now.
The relevant question is:

At the present time, with the features that BTS has now (Paid delegates, market assets, etc), is a price of 3200 satoshis per BTS too high, too low, or roughly correct?

Based on your available funds, and current exposure to BTS or lack thereof, is the correct move for your portfolio to increase your BTS holdings, decrease, or hold the same?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Our BTC high was Oct 5th and we've been declining in $ and BTC terms since.   

At first I wasn't sure if this was a good idea but the more I think about it, the more I like it.

We know that a lot of bitcoiners and altcoiners think btsx is a "crapcoin" and a ponzi scheme. So why do we really care what they say about us diluting btsx? Many of them are set in stone and won't "convert". This is why they aren't a target demographic for btsx. Our time, money and energy should be focused on people outside the crypto sphere. Those people don't care how it works, but if it works.

I think as long as this is well thought out and all other options are exhausted that we should go for it.

Kind of reminds me of the famous five monkeys experiment. 
Nobody in those communities is willing to go for the bananas any more
but no one remembers why.
;)

Kind of reminds me of the famous goose that laid the golden eggs.

Today at 0.000032  BTC, we're at a price that we haven't seen since the first few weeks BTSX was launched.

BitAssets are absolutely groundbreaking though.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Some reasons:

1) Some whales are upset, so they sell.  The whole PR gag order thing is an example of this.
2) Some BTS Developers (who you would normally expect to be strong hands during downturns), sold for tax purposes, which broke through some support levels and increased the amount of BTS out there among traders.
3) At least of the BTS inflation which is going to delegates is being sold to pay for marketing campaigns, fund development efforts, etc. 
4) Some community members got burned in the bter hack, and have withdrawn from buying.  For example, personally, I use to make regular small buys every week, but I havent bought any BTS in 4 weeks now, I've been building up BTC instead.  If/when I get my BTS out of bter I'll probably feel better about the whole thing and start buying again, probably on a different site.
5) Vesting balances of BTS becoming available from peoples PTS/DNS/etc shares means that soem of these people who had previously locked up BTS shares, but who had become bearish, have been selling them.
6) Most altcoins have been falling behind BTC in the recent rallies, with a few notable exceptions like Darkcoin, Monero, etc which had recent pumps.  BTS has dropped in satoshi terms just like most of them.

The marketing efforts and development of features like webwallet, decentralized exchange, etc, seem to be providing some community growth, but not enough yet to overcome these factors.   To see BTS go up we need to see either increasing mass adoption, or attract some new whales with plenty of money to spend, or to have some of the above negative factors go away, turning the downtrend around. 

The upside is that for those of us that believe in BTS long term, we can get very good prices right now.  Close to IPO prices, close to the lows from summer of 2014 before features like assets were even released yet.  We can buy BTS now with a full extra year or more of development work, without paying more than the people who bought long ago. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:29:02 pm by Ander »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline zonda

• View Profile
Why is BTS going down?