Author Topic: What's happening with the price?  (Read 61593 times)

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
I bought BTS at 5, 6, and 7 Satoshi (and BTC around $500) last fall. Basically, I bought in as soon as I realized the potential of this project.

I have already lost most of my investment. To sell at this point would be pointless. The difference between selling now and the price dropping to 0.00 is too close to bother with it. I'll hold for the Hail Mary and maybe I'll get lucky.

Not how I expected the last 8 months to go, that's for sure - however the web wallet is almost useful and development in general is making progress- so we will see.

You are not the only one so don't worry...I have been around from the beginning and lost almost all my investment since I was buying whenever I can afford at whatever price. I think we will soon have a second pump. BTS just doesn't deserve to die. The world needs this more than ever..The problem is that the world doesn't know that yet..
i think the idea is very good. but whether the community can do actual usable tools and marketing program.
DO NOT just think big and do little any more.( that is the feeling i felt from the community before. I would rather take this step by step)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

And what do you mean buying bitUSD while it's low? It's pegged to $1 is it not? And I would only want to hedge into BitAssets if I expect the price of BTS to go down, correct? And that's really not what I want to see happen.

He means buy into BTS while its low.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
Buy more if you can, its easy. Buying BTS at 3.2k you make global price of your other bts go down. and when go up take more profit..

also you can play with BTS inside bitshares , make shorts etc

but sell your BTS to a stranger.... you must be crazy manz

another good form its to have one delegate to sharedrop over active comunity, and like this compensate them his inversion, work and time dedicated to bitshares
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 03:00:02 pm by infovortice2013 »
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

TurkeyLeg

I bought BTS at 5, 6, and 7 Satoshi (and BTC around $500) last fall. Basically, I bought in as soon as I realized the potential of this project.

I have already lost most of my investment. To sell at this point would be pointless. The difference between selling now and the price dropping to 0.00 is too close to bother with it. I'll hold for the Hail Mary and maybe I'll get lucky.

Not how I expected the last 8 months to go, that's for sure - however the web wallet is almost useful and development in general is making progress- so we will see.

you had me for a second, you mean 5k, 6k, 7k satoshi.

this is not investment advice. do your own research. these are my personal opinions and nothing more. i have no idea what i'm doing.

hang in there! if anything i would buy right now while it's low. if you don't want to hodl long term, wait, the price will come back to it's previous level and more and you can exit then. personally i'm a long term hodler with bitshares. the only other platform that comes close is nxt (and they are actually still ahead of bitshares imo, which is why i also hodl nxt). bitshares has a brighter future than nxt i believe, simply because of the way things were structured to begin with and the people behind the projects. despite our objections to certain aspects of the bitshares "pr" campaign, most everyone here at tuck fheman are ags investors, mined pts and are long term hodlers. you can make some profit now by using the bitshares exchange you own and use those bitshares to get some bitsilver, bitgold, bitbtc, bitusd while they're low and sell when they go up. rinse & repeat. since you own the exchange, you're also increasing the value of your bitshares each time you do this. it would also make the rest of your partners happy too. =)

Yeah, sorry - 5K satoshi, etc.

And what do you mean buying bitUSD while it's low? It's pegged to $1 is it not? And I would only want to hedge into BitAssets if I expect the price of BTS to go down, correct? And that's really not what I want to see happen.

Unfortunately, I work full time and am a single parent to two kids - I don't have the time or mental bandwidth to play the DEX in hopes of small incremental gains - although it would be nice if I was smart enough to do that and not lose money :-).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuck Fheman

you had me for a second, you mean 5k, 6k, 7k satoshi.

this is not investment advice. do your own research. these are my personal opinions and nothing more. i have no idea what i'm doing.

hang in there! if anything i would buy right now while it's low. if you don't want to hodl long term, wait, the price will come back to it's previous level and more and you can exit then. personally i'm a long term hodler with bitshares. the only other platform that comes close is nxt (and they are actually still ahead of bitshares imo, which is why i also hodl nxt). bitshares has a brighter future than nxt i believe, simply because of the way things were structured to begin with and the people behind the projects. despite our objections to certain aspects of the bitshares "pr" campaign, most everyone here at tuck fheman are ags investors, mined pts and are long term hodlers. you can make some profit now by using the bitshares exchange you own and use those bitshares to get some bitsilver, bitgold, bitbtc, bitusd while they're low and sell when they go up. rinse & repeat. since you own the exchange, you're also increasing the value of your bitshares each time you do this. it would also make the rest of your partners happy too. =)

TurkeyLeg

You are not the only one so don't worry...I have been around from the beginning and lost almost all my investment since I was buying whenever I can afford at whatever price. I think we will soon have a second pump. BTS just doesn't deserve to die. The world needs this more than ever..The problem is that the world doesn't know that yet..

+5% I'm with you on that brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Tuck Fheman

Why is BTS going down?

It's because of a few people posting their opinions on this forum. I know it sounds amazing, but that's what actually drives the price of BitShares and determines if more developers will sharedrop.

If everyone here would just say positive things and have happy thoughts about BitShares (no matter how bad things get screwed up behind the scenes), we'd all be millionaires by 2016.
 :-\
[/pointmaking]

TurkeyLeg

I bought BTS at 5k, 6k, and 7k Satoshi (and BTC around $500) last fall. Basically, I bought in as soon as I realized the potential of this project.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 03:00:11 am by TurkeyLeg »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I haven't sold any of what I initially bought, but I must say I don't think the future for Bitshares is mass adoption. Ethereum is going to be coming out in roughly a month or so, and it can do everything Bitshares can do AND MUCH MORE. Not to mention that Ethereum's backing is much greater than Bitshares. So why settle for BitShares? Why not just wait until Ethereum is released?

There's a rumor it also washes you car on the weekend and makes a mean double chocolate milkshake.
*reusper*:
http://www.reddit.com/r/counterparty_xcp/comments/2y0apx/contract_news/

And this is *just* the beginning .. who knows what happens if this thing has to scale ..

BTW, with ethereum doing POW .. there are NO synchronous blocks .. hence .. network propagation has to be considere for network security .. which usually leads to higher average block confirmation times ..
what POW coin do you know that has 10 secs block time? how secure are they?

With POW in ethereum and asynchronous blocks, the market pegged assets will certainly not run as nice and smoothly as in BTS ..

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I haven't sold any of what I initially bought, but I must say I don't think the future for Bitshares is mass adoption. Ethereum is going to be coming out in roughly a month or so, and it can do everything Bitshares can do AND MUCH MORE. Not to mention that Ethereum's backing is much greater than Bitshares. So why settle for BitShares? Why not just wait until Ethereum is released?

Go to Ethereum , earn some money , buy more BTS with the money you earn .  :P
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile

There's a rumor it also washes you car on the weekend and makes a mean double chocolate milkshake.

Offline Frodo03

• View Profile

Offline roadscape

Yes, mistakes were made.  Large mistakes.  BTS holders at the time paid the price dearly.  Those of us who didn't realize they were mistakes and held have suffered. 

One cannot undo mistakes of the past, we can only make decisions now.
The relevant question is:

At the present time, with the features that BTS has now (Paid delegates, market assets, etc), is a price of 3200 satoshis per BTS too high, too low, or roughly correct?

Based on your available funds, and current exposure to BTS or lack thereof, is the correct move for your portfolio to increase your BTS holdings, decrease, or hold the same?

I took a big position in BTS again at the 0.000045 BTC level we seemed to stabilise at as I thought with all the positive developments and the mistakes priced in, we'd start to grow again.  That has obviously proved to be incorrect. So I've been exiting that trade at a loss.

For what BTS technically is and how rapidly it can develop I think it's severely underpriced. However in terms of community growth, BitAsset adoption and general sentiment we've been weak & because we've been in a fairly sustained downtrend I've actually even sold a bit of my base position too.  I'm also concerned about the amount of development BTS seems to need and if it can afford it for more than a few months if the price doesn't recover.

In conclusion I would say we're cheap but I've already taken some losses so even if I miss some of the initial gains, i'll probably wait for a clear change in the direction rather than trying to call the bottom before I accumulate again.

I'm not disagreeing with anything Empirical said here - it's reasonable. There is obviously risk involved with anything as groundbreaking as BitShares. One can argue that it makes sense to pull out to a degree and then come back in if there's a clear positive change. I would, however, like to describe an alternative way to view things.

I put quite a lot of money (for me) into BitShares, in large part because I want it to succeed for ideological reasons. If I only wanted to make money I may do what Empirical suggested. I didn't put more money in than I can afford to lose, so I would rather lose it all while supporting BitShares than sell to avoid personal loss. I see it as a once in a lifetime thing and I'm gonna stick to my metaphorical guns! If I decide I can reasonably afford more, I'll get more.

This isn't to criticise Empirical, I'm posting this to remind myself why I'm here. It's easy (and sometimes exciting) to get caught up in market caps, but for me there is more at stake.

Well put!

Also, http://www.businessinsider.com/investors-miss-stock-market-rallies-charts-2014-10
"In other words, investors were just fantastic at being exposed to the market only when it was sliding."
"When volatility picks up, it's tempting to trade in and out of the market with the hope you'll protect your wealth. Unfortunately, this increases the risk you'll miss some of the best days in the market. And that can be very costly."
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
Yes, mistakes were made.  Large mistakes.  BTS holders at the time paid the price dearly.  Those of us who didn't realize they were mistakes and held have suffered. 

One cannot undo mistakes of the past, we can only make decisions now.
The relevant question is:

At the present time, with the features that BTS has now (Paid delegates, market assets, etc), is a price of 3200 satoshis per BTS too high, too low, or roughly correct?

Based on your available funds, and current exposure to BTS or lack thereof, is the correct move for your portfolio to increase your BTS holdings, decrease, or hold the same?

I took a big position in BTS again at the 0.000045 BTC level we seemed to stabilise at as I thought with all the positive developments and the mistakes priced in, we'd start to grow again.  That has obviously proved to be incorrect. So I've been exiting that trade at a loss.

For what BTS technically is and how rapidly it can develop I think it's severely underpriced. However in terms of community growth, BitAsset adoption and general sentiment we've been weak & because we've been in a fairly sustained downtrend I've actually even sold a bit of my base position too.  I'm also concerned about the amount of development BTS seems to need and if it can afford it for more than a few months if the price doesn't recover.

In conclusion I would say we're cheap but I've already taken some losses so even if I miss some of the initial gains, i'll probably wait for a clear change in the direction rather than trying to call the bottom before I accumulate again.

I'm not disagreeing with anything Empirical said here - it's reasonable. There is obviously risk involved with anything as groundbreaking as BitShares. One can argue that it makes sense to pull out to a degree and then come back in if there's a clear positive change. I would, however, like to describe an alternative way to view things.

I put quite a lot of money (for me) into BitShares, in large part because I want it to succeed for ideological reasons. If I only wanted to make money I may do what Empirical suggested. I didn't put more money in than I can afford to lose, so I would rather lose it all while supporting BitShares than sell to avoid personal loss. I see it as a once in a lifetime thing and I'm gonna stick to my metaphorical guns! If I decide I can reasonably afford more, I'll get more.

This isn't to criticise Empirical, I'm posting this to remind myself why I'm here. It's easy (and sometimes exciting) to get caught up in market caps, but for me there is more at stake.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads