Author Topic: What's happening with the price?  (Read 61597 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I think the circa 0.05 CNY and $20 million is a key support level.

I don't think so.  I'm predicting $15-18 million as the actual price. I think BTS currently are overpriced but thats my opinion.

The reason I think this is because BTS has a lot of competition to deal with in the coming months. Ethereum is about to launch. Counterparty is catching on fire again. Omni/Mastercoin has Factom, NXT is still innovating, this is a tough market.

Bitshares and Darkcoin in my opinion are tied but because Bitshares has more momentum at this moment it's barely keeping a lead. Ethereum will probably take away that momentum as people will start to sell Bitshares to get Ethers for diversification.
We are oversold atm.. We usually match nxt price so we are off by a bit it will sync up again so good buy here

Is NXT inflating the shares?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

It should be at $20 billion. This is not fair that all those latecomers can buy at IPO price or lower.

This is an opportunity for angel investors to increase their stake without unduly increasing cost basis.

The forum has gone dark, the devs are coding like mad bastards, the spring is being wound for the next jump.

$20 billion is plausible, as is $100B and $1T and on. But it's going to take years, perhaps decades, to get there.

Folks that invested in Apple, Microsoft etc. made their fortunes 10, 20 years after their initial investments.

BTC and BTS are no different. Anyone with a significant stake now is likely to be very wealthy in 10 years....

What is a signficant stake?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
hmm....I wonder if everybody withdraw BTS from centralized exchange now , what will happen .......

all these oversold BTS ..... feels weird ....
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Also Bitshares is going to have to keep innovating. If it stops innovating the other competitors aren't going to stop.

Heh.  That's one thing we've never been accused of.   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
IMO, right NOW is the time to be buying up BTS. At 0.00003btc, BTS is at its floor, especially with Moonstone coming out, an awesome nullstreet Newsletter goin out every month, Bitshares TV gettin the word out now, wallet.bitshares.org, name associations (bitpay/bitshares, overstock/bitshares, etc) bein thrown around... it's just a matter of time right now.

If I was you, I'd get over to metaexchange.info ASAP. Putting even 20 bux into BTS is a smart move. My BTC ain't doin squat.
I'd love to see tools like Quatloo Trader arbitraging BTS too. I'm comm with fyrstikken on that as we speak.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

TurkeyLeg

Could part of the disconnect regarding the desktop client be related to hardware? I have no problems running BTS and DVS clients simultaneously and they sync within minutes - but I am running them on a developer spec MacBook Pro...I'm pretty sure if I tried to run the clients on my T440 I would not have the same experience....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

I don't think so.  I'm predicting $15-18 million as the actual price. I think BTS currently are overpriced but thats my opinion.

The reason I think this is because BTS has a lot of competition to deal with in the coming months. Ethereum is about to launch. Counterparty is catching on fire again. Omni/Mastercoin has Factom, NXT is still innovating, this is a tough market.

Bitshares and Darkcoin in my opinion are tied but because Bitshares has more momentum at this moment it's barely keeping a lead. Ethereum will probably take away that momentum as people will start to sell Bitshares to get Ethers for diversification.
We are oversold atm.. We usually match nxt price so we are off by a bit it will sync up again so good buy here

with centralized exchange , oversold is possible .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline oldman

• View Profile

It should be at $20 billion. This is not fair that all those latecomers can buy at IPO price or lower.

This is an opportunity for angel investors to increase their stake without unduly increasing cost basis.

The forum has gone dark, the devs are coding like mad bastards, the spring is being wound for the next jump.

$20 billion is plausible, as is $100B and $1T and on. But it's going to take years, perhaps decades, to get there.

Folks that invested in Apple, Microsoft etc. made their fortunes 10, 20 years after their initial investments.

BTC and BTS are no different. Anyone with a significant stake now is likely to be very wealthy in 10 years....

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

Maybe in 5 or 10 years if we hold on. If we do reach 20 billion Bitcoin will have reached in the hundreds of billions. I think before we can reach 20 billion we'd need Turing complete scripting and for Bitcoin to have gone mainstream. People need to be introduced to basic cryptocurrency before they understand Bitshares.

Also Bitshares is going to have to keep innovating. If it stops innovating the other competitors aren't going to stop.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:55:09 pm by luckybit »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline cn-members

• View Profile

Why the fuck the release data changed again and again?
This is a very  slow progress.
Thats why the price was acting like a shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have a terrible attitude and nobody owes you anything.

What are you doing to make bitshares better besides bitching?
terrible attitude?thats the fucking reality.
Don‘t acting you do a lot to bitshares,bitch.
I have tons of shares to vote  for 100% delegate,I bought and mined PTS since day 1,you dare say i do nothing to bitshares?
你们这些老外一个个就是装逼犯,一天不装逼就不舒服

I understand the frustration with the delayed release, but as toast posted a while ago, 1.0 is over hyped and shouldn't be a huge catalyst or mystery potion for the price.

Still, throwing temper tantrums and spewing insults isn't going to get more people to buy bitshares or get the devs to even consider your opinion.  Why not focus all this energy on something productive for bitshares? Unless of course you want to see it fail...

I agree that is overrated and that it shouldn't bring nothing new to the price because it is essential to have a working wallet.

Let me give you my example:

Until November I managed to have a BTSX wallet on my computer. Then things started glitching. Every new update was slower and crashing more and more. Numerous crash reports etc.. I lost my mind with it and transferred all of my BTS to btc38. I couldn't anymore wait for the wallet to re-synchronize and re-index. My BTS were still on the exchange when bter hack happened. Yesterday I decided not to play with the faith if btc38 gets hacked as bter did. I downloaded a wallet thinking how more than 3 months have passed and how something had to change. Nothing!! I sent over 10 crash reports etc.. I cannot even import the wallet from my json file anymore. I lost it completely and sold all of my BTS this morning at the loss. I just don't have nowhere to hold them. Wallet doesn't work, web wallet is not secure, exchange - there is no way I am holding my money over there anymore. I will rather miss on some of the BTS growth if it happens than to lose all of my money how it could have happened with bter.

Now I am very tech savy. I've been in BTC for over 2 years, NXT since the beginnings and BTS as well. If I have lost my mind, what do you think will happen to a complete noob??

From my perspective the new wallet is not overrated, it is completely essential!!!

P.S. I am reading today that people can't even withdraw their BTS from bter since the faulty wallet. Completely understandable.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14911.0
follow this , you'll be able to restore your old backup .
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Why the fuck the release data changed again and again?
This is a very  slow progress.
Thats why the price was acting like a shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have a terrible attitude and nobody owes you anything.

What are you doing to make bitshares better besides bitching?
terrible attitude?thats the fucking reality.
Don‘t acting you do a lot to bitshares,bitch.
I have tons of shares to vote  for 100% delegate,I bought and mined PTS since day 1,you dare say i do nothing to bitshares?
你们这些老外一个个就是装逼犯,一天不装逼就不舒服

I understand the frustration with the delayed release, but as toast posted a while ago, 1.0 is over hyped and shouldn't be a huge catalyst or mystery potion for the price.

Still, throwing temper tantrums and spewing insults isn't going to get more people to buy bitshares or get the devs to even consider your opinion.  Why not focus all this energy on something productive for bitshares? Unless of course you want to see it fail...

I agree that is overrated and that it shouldn't bring nothing new to the price because it is essential to have a working wallet.

Let me give you my example:

Until November I managed to have a BTSX wallet on my computer. Then things started glitching. Every new update was slower and crashing more and more. Numerous crash reports etc.. I lost my mind with it and transferred all of my BTS to btc38. I couldn't anymore wait for the wallet to re-synchronize and re-index. My BTS were still on the exchange when bter hack happened. Yesterday I decided not to play with the faith if btc38 gets hacked as bter did. I downloaded a wallet thinking how more than 3 months have passed and how something had to change. Nothing!! I sent over 10 crash reports etc.. I cannot even import the wallet from my json file anymore. I lost it completely and sold all of my BTS this morning at the loss. I just don't have nowhere to hold them. Wallet doesn't work, web wallet is not secure, exchange - there is no way I am holding my money over there anymore. I will rather miss on some of the BTS growth if it happens than to lose all of my money how it could have happened with bter.

Now I am very tech savy. I've been in BTC for over 2 years, NXT since the beginnings and BTS as well. If I have lost my mind, what do you think will happen to a complete noob??

From my perspective the new wallet is not overrated, it is completely essential!!!

P.S. I am reading today that people can't even withdraw their BTS from bter since the faulty wallet. Completely understandable.

I read stuff like this and for a long time Dan has talked about the wallet being stable and I am not sure what to think.

I use the wallet EVERY SINGLE DAY.. have been for months now all without any issue. I am trading every single day with it.. a little slow yeah.. do I get the occasional crash.. yes.. usually when I am rushing to click on something before all the data loads it will cause a crash.. I just learned not to do that. Nonetheless.. I don't think you should consider your experience as what everyone else is experiencing.. nor am I considering mine to be the norm.. btw.. I am just using the windows wallet.. what version you were using is unclear.

I guess the point is moot now though since you sold out... ironicly I am buying everyday.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+