Author Topic: BitShares Peer to Peer Tour - USA, Spring 2015  (Read 30464 times)

Offline Riverhead

They are in Philly right now. I've had the enormous pleasure of hanging out with Bitscape, Roadscape, and Robrigo these past few days. Amazing people; I'll be sad to see them leave.

Looking forward to seeing the finished film. For a free country it's shockingly hard to find a place to film without being harassed hahah.

Offline onceuponatime

So where are you guys now? I hear that Robrigo has joinedd the tour.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Gentso & Riverhead are waiting to hear from you on where and what time in Philly you want to meet on Saturday. Gentso is coming from quite a long ways outside the city so he needs to know to plan accordingly.

Also, in case you hadn't heard your cryptofresh site is down.

Thanks Thom!  We're in touch with Riverhead to coordinate.  Cryptofresh will be back up soon!  In addition to our delegate nodes, cryptofresh needed updating, and with everything going on we got two out of three handled.  Lot's to juggle! 

Offline Thom

Gentso & Riverhead are waiting to hear from you on where and what time in Philly you want to meet on Saturday. Gentso is coming from quite a long ways outside the city so he needs to know to plan accordingly.

Also, in case you hadn't heard your cryptofresh site is down.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Attention NYC!  We're thinking of making an excursion to The City on Monday 3/30.

If you want to meet up or have any suggestions for where we should point our cameras, hit us up!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Ok @bitscape and @roadscape, I just sent you an email, hope it goes thru ok.
John Barrett at "Bitcoins and Gravy" (Let's Talk Bitcoin!) has agreed to facilitate an interview with you when you pass thru Nashville.
I cc'd him on the email to you so please do a reply-to-all so you guys can work out a time to meet.
If you need anything at all, I'm always within reach.
Good luck! :)
Prost,
  -ken
See guys this is what I mean. We have everything we need right here in the community  +5%
Let's keep focusing our resources on the things that truly matter. We cannot lose if we do  :)

Here's John Barrett discussing BitShares Music Foundation:
https://soundcloud.com/bitcoins-and-gravy/bitcoins-and-gravy-episode-38-bitshares-music-foundation
Listen from 7:20 in, great stuff!
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Hey guys, if you're running a bit behind, please make sure John Barrett is kept in the loop. I emailed him your blog link too.
Thanx so much for all the pics!
Prost,
  -ken
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Detroit feels like meeting an old friend for the first time.  There is something in these streets reminiscent of the deep heart of West Philly, and the sprawling reaches of Oakland California, but Detroit has a cadence all it’s own.  Here is a great testament to the spirit of the human family, set against the reckless caprice of industry.

And here we met the next denizen of our community, Robrigo.  Being greeted with dinner and marvelous tunes after a day of driving was most welcome, and intriguing DAC-centric conversation carried us into late night....

Read the rest here: http://bitscape.io/magical-realism-in-detroit/

Offline robrigo

So are you in Philly tomorrow or is it still looking like Friday/Saturday? I know you said you lived in West Philly so I can imagine you're going to be here a few days.

Since filming was... somewhat waylaid yesterday...  ::)  We're extending by a day in Detroit.

We'll be shooting in Philly on Friday 3/27 and Saturday 3/28, with optional NYC excursion / writing and editing time on Sunday 3/29.
I'm hoping to do some interviews in Center City @ Rittenhouse Square, and at the Liberty Bell.

Let us know which day is better for you Riverhead!  We're looking forward to it!

Detroit is pretty rad!  Another proper update coming tonight!

The cryptofresh crew are excellent company. We've had a really good time the past couple of days, and many inspiring talks and (hopefully) footage. Anyone who is on their itinerary is in for a good time.

Also,  +5% to tea time. These guys are all about the zen. Bitscape knows a lot about tea!

merockstar

hey you're probably going through ohio right about now aren't you?

I'm in cleveland right now. tomorrow night I'll be in columbus.

sadly I can't offer you a place to stay. just good smoke and good (id like to think) company.

Offline CalabiYau

Ok @bitscape and @roadscape, I just sent you an email, hope it goes thru ok.

John Barrett at "Bitcoins and Gravy" (Let's Talk Bitcoin!) has agreed to facilitate an interview with you when you pass thru Nashville.
I cc'd him on the email to you so please do a reply-to-all so you guys can work out a time to meet.

If you need anything at all, I'm always within reach.
Good luck! :)
Prost,
  -ken

Looking forward to hear from your trip on the B&G podcast !  Say hello to Maxwell....

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh

So are you in Philly tomorrow or is it still looking like Friday/Saturday? I know you said you lived in West Philly so I can imagine you're going to be here a few days.

Since filming was... somewhat waylaid yesterday...  ::)  We're extending by a day in Detroit.

We'll be shooting in Philly on Friday 3/27 and Saturday 3/28, with optional NYC excursion / writing and editing time on Sunday 3/29.
I'm hoping to do some interviews in Center City @ Rittenhouse Square, and at the Liberty Bell.

Let us know which day is better for you Riverhead!  We're looking forward to it!

Detroit is pretty rad!  Another proper update coming tonight!

Offline Riverhead

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

Thanks again for a great time @bitscape, @roadscape & @solomonsollarsnsense! I wish all my weekends were filled with such stimulating conversation. I still can't figure out how we were able to squeeze so much fun into all that productivity.....?

Everybody - Keep an eye on these guys. We have some very real magic happening here.

Thank you Prometheus for your generosity and hospitality  :) Really appreciate it. I miss tea time like something fierce LOL I might be an addict now. Thanks a lot @bitscape I'm a teahead!
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
Thanks again for a great time @bitscape, @roadscape & @solomonsollarsnsense! I wish all my weekends were filled with such stimulating conversation. I still can't figure out how we were able to squeeze so much fun into all that productivity.....?

Everybody - Keep an eye on these guys. We have some very real magic happening here.
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero