Author Topic: BitShares Peer to Peer Tour - USA, Spring 2015  (Read 30005 times)

Offline roadscape

Alternatively, if you have access to any such equipment, we can help cover shipping if you’re able to loan the items to us!
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
With our `Peer to Peer` Tour, we hope to tell the story of those who are working hard at bringing this vision to life and in so doing strengthen the resolve of our community to go the distance.

Taking on this documentary journey is a big undertaking for us.  This is not a vacation.  We’ll be working nonstop for 3 weeks to capture on film the stories of this incredibly unique community so that we can show the world BitShares means business!

We’ll be away from home for 3 weeks, which brings a lot of challenges. However, we feel it is essential to meet the members of the community we are working and organizing with. And the footage we capture will be invaluable.

Thanks to our friends and family along the way, we are able to do this on a shoestring budget.

Our gas/food/lodging budget is $1,700 for 3 weeks on the road.

We are looking for sponsors who may be able to help us defray costs and acquire any of the equipment below which will dramatically improve the quality of our work.  We’ll purchase what we can and work with what we have, but every contribution will bring us closer to a bona fide production setup.. These are the highest-priority items.

Shopping List
------------------
Tascam Recorder - $300
Shotgun Microphone - $149
GoPro   - $200
Boom - $100

To transform our quality DSLR into a film camera.
Camera adapters, gears, caps & rings - $230
Matte Box Kit - $309
Follow Focus - $449
Adaptor Bar System for DSLR - $219

Edit: → Xeldal has agreed to fund the purchase of our much needed film gear through BitsharesBreakout.

So if you are inspired by what we are doing and want to contribute, please do so through  bts ID: ‘bitsharesbreakout’ with the memo ‘filmgear’.

And if you haven’t already done so, please VOTE for fund.bitsharesbreakout
http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegate/info?name=fund.bitsharesbreakout
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 02:54:57 am by bitscape »

Offline edilliam

Wow, good luck guys. Such a great project!

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
When do you plan on being in St. Louis? I have family there and I just might make the 5 hr drive to rendezvous with you there depending on the timing and my family's schedule.

Good question!  We'll have to check with Fuzzy... We're arriving Nashville on the Thursday the 9th, so depending on a few factors we could be in St. Louis on the 10th or 11th.  I presume there's a mumble on the 11th which would be a great day to recap our journey perhaps, but we've yet to figure out the final days of this journey.  We'd love it if you made the journey to write yourself into this script though Thom!  We have a place to stay in St. Louis too, I believe.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
BitShares Peer to Peer Tour - USA, Spring 2015

Arrival Dates
Sat 3/21 Madison, WI
Sun 3/22 Chicago, IL
Mon 3/23 Detroit, MI
Wed 3/25 Philadelphia, PA
Sun 3/29 Washington, DC
Thu 4/2 Blacksburg, VA
Thu 4/9 Nashville, TN

Can't wait to kick it with you guys in Madison and Chicago. Hmm...Spring tour 2015....where can I get the t-shirt?

Yeah, It's going to be a great way to start this journey.

If you want, we'll 'customize' one of these for you --> http://cryptofresh.com/products/25  :)

We'll write something more about how you can help us along our journey but one way you can do it is definitely by buying a shirt!

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 04:05:26 pm by bitscape »

Offline Thom

When do you plan on being in St. Louis? I have family there and I just might make the 5 hr drive to rendezvous with you there depending on the timing and my family's schedule.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
BitShares Peer to Peer Tour - USA, Spring 2015

Arrival Dates
Sat 3/21 Madison, WI
Sun 3/22 Chicago, IL
Mon 3/23 Detroit, MI
Wed 3/25 Philadelphia, PA
Sun 3/29 Washington, DC
Thu 4/2 Blacksburg, VA
Thu 4/9 Nashville, TN

Can't wait to kick it with you guys in Madison and Chicago. Hmm...Spring tour 2015....where can I get the t-shirt?
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline jrb450

• View Profile
Looks like it's gonna be a most excellent road trip you guys!!

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Sadly this route doesn't include what likely would be the most awesome part of the trip :)

But I am sure you will make due and have all kind of a awesome results.  +5%

I know I know...! We really want to make it up there!  Alas this particular journey is somewhat constrained by time and resources.

We intend to make a separate journey at some point which would take us through Toronto, Montreal, and to The Diefenbunker!
and who knows...  Cass has already suggested our next route..  ;)

http://goo.gl/eXBESG

Wow now thats a European adventure!

Yes, after the USA Tour should be a Canada tour!

Yes!  Summer in Halifax?   8)

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Sounds like an excellent adventure!  Looking forward to seeing your film

Would you like to be in our film? ;)  Seeking all willing participants to lend their passionate voices to the narrative!

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
do you want to just use BITUSD?:)

We will take every opportunity to find such opportunities!  I'm sure it will make for some good entertainment. :)

Offline robrigo

Looking forward to meeting the crypto fresh crew on their Detroit stop.

Offline ssjpts

• View Profile
    • 中国BTC
  • BitShares: coolman
do you want to just use BITUSD?:)
新浪微博:剑指未来BTS
BTC:1Bc7gRGotktBmnNFr3BUUM22HFXCCTyxor
BTSX ID:loves,集大众之爱,待到BTS 500刀,10%回退给捐赠者,10%用于运营,剩余80%用于爱心事业和BTS宣传推广。

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Sadly this route doesn't include what likely would be the most awesome part of the trip :)

But I am sure you will make due and have all kind of a awesome results.  +5%

I know I know...! We really want to make it up there!  Alas this particular journey is somewhat constrained by time and resources.

We intend to make a separate journey at some point which would take us through Toronto, Montreal, and to The Diefenbunker!
and who knows...  Cass has already suggested our next route..  ;)

http://goo.gl/eXBESG

Wow now thats a European adventure!

Yes, after the USA Tour should be a Canada tour!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+