Author Topic: Exclusive: IBM looking at adopting bitcoin technology for major currencies  (Read 2944 times)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
True.  Any form of fiat will only last until the central bank destroys it.  That is why the true innovation is assets such as bitgold, bitoil, ect.  Bitfiat is only intended to bridge the gap.

Exactly +5% +5%

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile
The central bank will not default, no matter the monetary manipulations on the USD required to accomplish this.

Monetary manipulations on the USD (money printing) IS default.  Debts are not repaid legitimately, therefore it is default on their obligations.

But it's true that those hurt savings stored in BitUSD just as much as they hurt other USD (except for yield).  There would be less need for an MPA tracking USD if USD itself were less unwieldy.  It would be more like BitBTC and BTC.

True.  Any form of fiat will only last until the central bank destroys it.  That is why the true innovation is assets such as bitgold, bitoil, ect.  Bitfiat is only intended to bridge the gap.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Yeah agree. once these companies catch on, they're all going to want to launch their own digital usd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
It's just a matter of time before the big banks, as well as companies and perhaps central banks, start to use a ledger system based on the blockchain. But that doesn't make it decentralized.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
The central bank will not default, no matter the monetary manipulations on the USD required to accomplish this.

Monetary manipulations on the USD (money printing) IS default.  Debts are not repaid legitimately, therefore it is default on their obligations.

But it's true that those hurt savings stored in BitUSD just as much as they hurt other USD (except for yield).  There would be less need for an MPA tracking USD if USD itself were less unwieldy.  It would be more like BitBTC and BTC.

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile

Offline Pheonike

Not for that site,   but its on other sites, just search the title on Google.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

We need to comment on this article in as many places as possible since its Reuters. Could use it for marketing.

Is there a comments section on desktop? Not seeing one on mobile

All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.

Offline Pheonike

We need to comment on this article in as many places as possible since its Reuters. Could use it for marketing.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
This means absolutely nothing beyond talks between the Fed and IBM to further digitize the US dollar.

No mention of consensus mechanism.

No mention of inflation rate.

I'm pretty sure their concept of "decentralized consensus" would be something such as allowing each Federal Reserve District a delegate or node.     ::)

Even if brought to fruition, these kind of changes may slightly slow the eventual flight from the dollar domestically, but I doubt it will have much effect globally.

So far I can't determine if it would allow the world to go down to a penny per peer to peer transaction and allow anyone to be their own bank. If so the bts merchants and remittance markets go up in smoke?

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:19:15 am by Carpet Ride »

Offline bobmaloney

This means absolutely nothing beyond talks between the Fed and IBM to further digitize the US dollar.

No mention of consensus mechanism.

No mention of inflation rate.

I'm pretty sure their concept of "decentralized consensus" would be something such as allowing each Federal Reserve District a delegate or node.     ::)

Even if brought to fruition, these kind of changes may slightly slow the eventual flight from the dollar domestically, but I doubt it will have much effect globally.

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
It has a central bank backing it, and that has a much larger balance sheet than BTS. The central bank will not default, no matter the monetary manipulations on the USD required to accomplish this. Doesn't that logically make BitUSD the weaker alternative, because by construct it is exposed not only to the quality of USD and what the central bank does, but also to the gap risk inherent in BTS?

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
same thing as a bitusd etc lol

Well no.  This has no collateral backing it, and is centrally manipulated.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag