Author Topic: Bter not allowing BitShares withdrawals due to unstable BTS wallet they say  (Read 10359 times)

Offline zhangweis

• View Profile
The market on bter to get our bitshares withdrawn was severely underpriced.   

However did anyone have bit coin left in bter from before the hack?    Any bitcoin  balance was  accounted for as BTC_B    to be fully compensated to those that got hacked. 

However I logged on today and they apparently refreshed my BTC_B balance to  0.            It was 2.5   and no transfer of funds yet?

Anyone else encounter this?

I hope its just a gliche i sent in a ticket today to get answers.

Thanks guys for any help

BTC_B balance is correct for me.
Weibo:http://weibo.com/zhangweis

Offline mbaeichapareiko

• View Profile
The market on bter to get our bitshares withdrawn was severely underpriced.   

However did anyone have bit coin left in bter from before the hack?    Any bitcoin  balance was  accounted for as BTC_B    to be fully compensated to those that got hacked. 

However I logged on today and they apparently refreshed my BTC_B balance to  0.            It was 2.5   and no transfer of funds yet?

Anyone else encounter this?

I hope its just a gliche i sent in a ticket today to get answers.

Thanks guys for any help

Offline Methodise

Bter BTS Withdrawals are DISABLED at time of writing. Scammy, as, fuck.
BTS: methodise

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I've talked to them and the problem seems to have been due to a change in the default RPC behavior. They said they can work around it now so hopefully things should be back up and running soon if they are not already.

Thanks, they have it working now.

I am really glad this was the case, and not the "they lost millions of BTS when the hack occurred and are running a fractional reserve now" nightmare.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline vikram

I've talked to them and the problem seems to have been due to a change in the default RPC behavior. They said they can work around it now so hopefully things should be back up and running soon if they are not already.

sumantso

I don't think bter has contacted any devs about unstable wallet. IIRC nothing has changed since before the hack.
this seems like a major red flag.  :o

Naw.. just means getting caught trying to pass the buck to buy time. For what exactly remains to be seen.

Fractional banking. I doubt the crash a few days before the hack was unrelated, and with everyone trying to withdraw they know they can't process all.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

i hold a couple of small other coins on BTER and they are also since days in "processing" so, maybe many different blockchains got in the same time the same unstable wallets. It is really unfortunate (ironic mode off)

Hahaha  +5%

ITS A WORLD WIDE CRYPTO WALLET FAILURE! :P
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

I don't think bter has contacted any devs about unstable wallet. IIRC nothing has changed since before the hack.

Naw.. just means getting caught trying to pass the buck to buy time. For what exactly remains to be seen.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline jz831

• View Profile
    • Customized ASIC Controllers
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i hold a couple of small other coins on BTER and they are also since days in "processing" so, maybe many different blockchains got in the same time the same unstable wallets. It is really unfortunate (ironic mode off)

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
couple days ago send to try 100 bts withdrawal with no effect, now bts withdrawal disabled.
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline roselee

• View Profile
but then do you remember gox blamed bitcoin blockchain for there loss ?
why did bter not frace it like this:
we do have problems with our bts wallet version
but they say withdraw stoped becouse of wallet instabiliy
might be bad english use but .......

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Its not just BTS that has this problem, its most of the alts.  Lots of people dumping them because they cannot withdraw and then taking the btc out.  They need to get things enabled if they want to keep their customers.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
it's a gambling issue at this point, if you believe they can fix it, go to bter you get cheap bts, if you've already taken a big loss and want to be 100% sure to get something out, withdraw via btc or ltc now

the market is already figuring this out, price reflects the risk

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
My bitusd withdrawal is processing since yesterday and BTS withdrawal is still not available for me yet.. :(

same as my bitUSD

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
My bitusd withdrawal is processing since yesterday and BTS withdrawal is still not available for me yet.. :(

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
Just recieved my fat withdrawal from BTER everyone!

Thanks for the update, hope other users start reporting the same!

Offline Rafikichi

• View Profile
Just recieved my fat withdrawal from BTER everyone!

Offline gamey

• View Profile

My guess would be that they had manual processing previously. Now they are migrating away from this and BTS wallet is so non-standard.

Early movement does not necessarily trump mistakes from not-invented-here syndrome.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
They probably havent had time to update the BTS wallet in a while given all the things they've been working on.

me too yesterday withdrawall 100 bts to try it but nothing happen

can some DEV say something?? we are working.,. we are talking to bter ... or something to comunity health

There is probably nothing they can say on the matter one way or another.

They have operated for nearly a year without any major issues with BTS wallet.. suddenly after their BTC gets hacked they can't get their BTS wallet working? My car broke down, and because of it my computer isn't working  ::)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:03:50 am by DataSecurityNode »
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Please contact them.

They were having trouble before the hack.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 12:54:09 am by Ander »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
me too yesterday withdrawall 100 bts to try it but nothing happen

can some DEV say something?? we are working.,. we are talking to bter ... or something to comunity health
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline joele

• View Profile
My BTS pending withdrawal is returned to my balance.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Yes, please assist if there actually is a problem with the wallet.
It is causing some serious downward pressure.

I personally think that the wallet problems is just an excuse.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
All we gotta do is have the devs help fix bter's wallet, and then we can just withdraw.  The long nightmare will then be over. :)   (And it will probably help the BTS price which is currently being driven down by everyone's fear of losing everything).

Please help them as soon as possible.

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
The problem with dumping for btc and withdrawing is that youre losing value right now.  Its like taking a 5%+ loss to get your money now.  If they fix the wlalet we can get out without losing.

(Of course, if it never gets fixed then the people who got money out will be happy, so basically if you dump at a loss to be able to withdraw you're betting that withdrawal never gets fixed.
Yeah it reminds me of gox, I remember taking a loss to get my money out of there too

Offline Ander

• View Profile
The problem with dumping for btc and withdrawing is that youre losing value right now.  Its like taking a 5%+ loss to get your money now.  If they fix the wlalet we can get out without losing.

(Of course, if it never gets fixed then the people who got money out will be happy, so basically if you dump at a loss to be able to withdraw you're betting that withdrawal never gets fixed.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Or just withdraw as Bitcoin because that works too.
This would explain the downward pressure on the market right now...

Yes.  Bter is responsible for the tanking price of many coins right now.
Dev's need to help them fix their wallet so we can withdraw, then people will have their coins again and not be so scared, and the price will go back up.

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
Hello,

I Sent this to the Bter support:

"Mar 13, 17:29

When am I going to be able to withdraw my BitShares? I'm already waiting since weeks.
Yesterday BTS withdrawals were enabled and I submitted it but now today I see its disabled again and the funds remain in my Bter account.
When do you expect to have BTS withdrawals working 100%?"

They Replied:

"Mar 13, 17:46

Dear Sir,
BTS withdrawal is suspended . The new BTS wallet is not stable and we have contacted the BTS dev team .

We will process the bts withdrawal later when the wallet is proven to be stable enough.

Best Regards
Bter.com"

What is the issue with the BitShares wallet on Bter? Can someone from BitShares have a look at this?

I have my coins stuck there since weeks, please help.
A way around this problem is to sell your BTS on Bter.  Buy Litecoin (LTC) and withdraw your LTC to another exchange (LTC withdrawal on Bter is working).  Then rebuy your BTS and move your BTS to your desktop wallet.  This works and takes about 30 mins to complete.

Or just withdraw as Bitcoin because that works too.
This would explain the downward pressure on the market right now...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Is anyone from the dev team working with them on this?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Yet they are allowing deposits.  I guess an unstable wallet only affects withdrawals... so ponzi-ish.
lol thought the same thing when I tried to withdraw. Was trading with a very small amount, but still want it back

Lol
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Yet they are allowing deposits.  I guess an unstable wallet only affects withdrawals... so ponzi-ish.
lol thought the same thing when I tried to withdraw. Was trading with a very small amount, but still want it back

Offline Pairmike

Hello,

When am I going to be able to withdraw my BitShares? I'm already waiting since weeks.
Yesterday BTS withdrawals were enabled and I submitted it but now today I see its disabled again and the funds remain in my Bter account.

They Replied:

Dear Sir,
BTS withdrawal is suspended . The new BTS wallet is not stable and we have contacted the BTS dev team .

We will process the bts withdrawal later when the wallet is proven to be stable enough.

Best Regards
Bter.com"

What is the issue with the BitShares wallet on Bter? Can someone from BitShares have a look at this?

A way around this problem is to sell your BTS on Bter.  Buy Litecoin (LTC) and withdraw your LTC to another exchange (LTC withdrawal on Bter is working).  Then rebuy your BTS and move your BTS to your desktop wallet.  This works and takes about 30 mins to complete.

https://Steemit.com | The Social Media Network that Pays

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile

Offline Grusmir

• View Profile
Hello,

They Replied:

Dear Sir,

Best Regards
Bter.com"

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 10:57:36 am by Grusmir »