Author Topic: Wikipedia disapproves whatever they want. Forget about a basic User page there..  (Read 1592 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Ok, setting up my Github.io page now. It was time for an upgrade anyway. Thanx :)
Prost,
  -ken

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

If its primarily about programming I would think github would be the place to be to showcase your programming profile.

You mentioned google sites.. that is certainly another option as long as you don't mind being owned by the US Gov. :)

As for decentralized host.. distributed is certainly doable and common.. but decentralized.. humm.. just wonder how support would be with that.. If our presale is wildly successful I would be willing to back a pilot to birth that baby as one of our lab projects. I think this is largely close to already happening just minus the blockchain. Billing has already moved to resource/transaction based which could be adopted.. humm interesting. I digress. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Ok, so my kenCode.de webhosting is about to expire in a couple weeks.
They want $70 from me to renew for one year (node.js/mongodb).
I'd rather buy $70 worth of BitShares.

So, I created an "about me" style page on Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:KenCode).
Right after I saved it, it got "speedy deleted":
This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference.
22:04, 4 April 2015 Peridon (talk | contribs) deleted page User:KenCode (U5: Blatant misuse of Wikipedia as a web host)

As you guys know, Robrigo and I have been working like crazy on the BitShares Wikipedia draft page.
My username is tied to my work, so I wanted people to know a little bit about me via my user page.
So much for that idea.

Anybody know of a way where I can host my page (all i need is one page, but nodejs/express would be nice too) for free?
1. Github.io?
2. Google sites?
3. Use a beaglebone black or raspi?

Decentralized would sure be nice too, but I doubt there's any decentralized webhosts out there yet.
Advice?? Please and thanx :)
  -ken
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat