Author Topic: TITAN is DNS, no need for TLD's like .p2p, .bit, .com, etc.  (Read 1101 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Now that the cable companies (here in Germany too) and the FCC (and gov's around the world) are taking control of the internet, we have got to get a handle on DNS and routing RIGHT FRIGN NOW or else Bitshares and the entire ecosystem being built here will quickly become worthless.

Why can't the Bitshares client (or wallet?) also be a web-browser?
The bts: protocol if typed into the browser with a valid username like bts:kencode would bring up my webpage.
Or bts:child.kencode would bring up a different website that I own.
Or bts:kencode.ePlug would bring up my company page.

I hate to sound like a whiny little bitch but man seriously, all this news of the fcc, icann, iana and other restrictions being aggressively pushed thru the pipeline right now scares the shit out of me. They are the Borg, and they're winning on that front.
If we have hundreds of Delegates working on Bitshares, can't we have a few of them get an html5 browser built in to the client and implement bts: based websites ASAP? Think of how many people would flock to Bitshares if we started offering up the new decentralized internet, not only free of charge, but a decentralized internet that PAYS YOU for your participation in it?

Sorry if I sound paranoid guys, but as a meshnet junkie, the dns thing just worries me somethin fierce.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat