Author Topic: please release a emergency version to protect expired cover order  (Read 6645 times)

Offline roadscape

Is this why my margin orders were settled at around 0.0078 USD/BTS 12 hours ago?

I had the BitUSD to cover.. but I was away from the computer and thought I'd have time because the market was quite off from the feed.

So it appears I lost around 10% of my collateral to this? Or 20% considering I didn't use the BitUSD I had..
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
How can someone push the price to 200 BTS/BitUSD ?  :o

by the way , BM actually posted the above information days ago on the forum .

Enjoy!  :)

To be totally honest I do not know how. My guess is somehow using 18446.744074% interest rate.

18446.744074% interest rate orders looks like someone I know trying to fight the bad guy's robot ....with small and high interest rate shorts .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

zerosum

by the way , BM actually posted the above information days ago on the forum .

Enjoy!  :)

To be totally honest I do not know how. My guess is somehow using 18446.744074% interest rate.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
I still follow the forum and still post.   

We have not lost Agent86, he is actually in the BTS office in blacksburg most weeks. 

There will be a release soon that will address some market issues.
I'm always with you

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L00 上的 Tapatalk

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

Offline bytemaster

I still follow the forum and still post.   

We have not lost Agent86, he is actually in the BTS office in blacksburg most weeks. 

There will be a release soon that will address some market issues.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
This is indeed disgusting...

For days the system is allowing stealing from expired shorts...and nobody cares...

Hell nobody mentions it.... .
There do have some people care, for example alt, which is trying to protect the shorts, the peg, the system.
Hope the paid delegates are doing something right as well.

It's a matter of time before alt and anybody else stops carrying if a good development doesn't happen anytime soon..We have lost Agent86 and many others already..Devs don't post very often anymore, BM refrains from posting anymore, Stan's inspirational posts are not very frequent anymore...Secret deals, development that most of us have no idea what the devs are doing and if they are doing anything behind the scenes...volume is getting lower and lower...Chinese dumped their BTS on our face with the whole amazing idea of 1 superDac.. Overall BTS looks exactly as I have imagined it...lol...

devs don't post as often but they code more than often ....
several major issues have been working in Github , also performance and security feature are working too ....
look at the bright side , they're pleasing all the users by actually doing development work instead of constantly telling several people on the forum that they're doing "big things" and got some cheers and in the end users still complaining ......

0.7.0 is a big milestone for tons of new features , especially with the user issue asset function .

Development progress are there on Github .... it's just a matter of constantly telling people on the forum or not .

by the way , BM actually posted the above information days ago on the forum . Guess to those who are not reading the forum every second with every thread and every replies  , those kind of interaction is none-exist .

Also the webwallet just get major upgraded with easy backup and restore feature for the brain key ...

Overall , I think the developers need more focus to talk to people who actually knows about the system , the market engine than random people on the forum just for curiosity's sake . This issue that Alt mentioned existed long before when they were actively talking to random people on the forum , discussing future and random ideas  ... Sadly all that "active" discussion never bring this one up .
Leaders still need to walk among their community, share the vision, and build on ideas. There are thousands in the community who are backing this project, and they don't all read github. I understand why the pendulum has swung, but maybe there's room for a middle ground.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

For days the system is allowing stealing from expired shorts...and nobody cares...

Hell nobody mentions it.... .
There do have some people care, for example alt, which is trying to protect the shorts, the peg, the system.

It's a matter of time before alt and anybody else stops carrying if a good development doesn't happen anytime soon..We have lost Agent86 and many others already..Devs don't post very often anymore, BM refrains from posting anymore, Stan's inspirational posts are not very frequent anymore...Secret deals, development that most of us have no idea what the devs are doing and if they are doing anything behind the scenes...volume is getting lower and lower...Chinese dumped their BTS on our face with the whole amazing idea of 1 superDac.. Overall BTS looks exactly as I have imagined it...lol...

devs don't post as often but they code more than often ....
several major issues have been working in Github , also performance and security feature are working too ....
look at the bright side , they're pleasing all the users by actually doing development work instead of constantly telling several people on the forum that they're doing "big things" and got some cheers and in the end users still complaining ......

0.7.0 is a big milestone for tons of new features , especially with the user issue asset function .

Development progress are there on Github .... it's just a matter of constantly telling people on the forum or not .

by the way , BM actually posted the above information days ago on the forum . Guess to those who are not reading the forum every second with every thread and every replies  , those kind of interaction is none-exist .

Also the webwallet just get major upgraded with easy backup and restore feature for the brain key ...

Overall , I think the developers need more focus to talk to people who actually knows about the system , the market engine than random people on the forum just for curiosity's sake . This issue that Alt mentioned existed long before when they were actively talking to random people on the forum , discussing future and random ideas  ... Sadly all that "active" discussion never bring this one up .
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:19:49 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Hell nobody mentions it....

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

How does the current implement works? If no BitUSD available at the feedprice, it goes straight to (feedprice - 10%) and ignores anything in between?

The current implementation prefers shorts over bids below the feed price. It also prefers shorts with a higher interest rate over those with a lower interest rate. So if there is no bid above the feed price and the short with the highest interest rate is between feed price and 0.9*feed it will be used for the cover. This is more or less the documented market behaviour.

The market logic has been subject of discussion (and several github issues) for several weeks now, and a new market engine is being worked on.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile
please short USD to yourself, and cover it before it's expired. or your cover order will be attack, and you will lost 10%

Thanks for bringing that up.

I was wondering why the collateral for my expired shorts was sold for 10% less the feedprice.
I was further confused by the fact that there were bids to buy BTS (sell/short BitUSD) at a higher price but my shorts were not covered at those prices.

How does the current implement works? If no BitUSD available at the feedprice, it goes straight to (feedprice - 10%) and ignores anything in between?

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I think @theoretical is working on the market engine.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Paging @toast @vikram @bytemaster @pc

paging @btswildpig

just for test if this paging thing really works

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc